Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
New Headphone Stand - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 54611/27/10 at 6:45pmpost #123 of 54611/28/10 at 10:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Blisse
What's the fun of finding and buying real headphone stands, when you can look into gardening tools and find equally good stands? :P
True:)post #124 of 54611/29/10 at 2:40pm
Can this stand hold 2 headphones at the same time? I have headphones with relatively slim headbands, i.e. D2000 and Edition 8. The cups on the D2000 (modded wood cups) are fairly big, would they fit comfortably with the Ed. 8?post #125 of 54611/29/10 at 2:56pmQuote:
i doubt it, you'd need to add a bar of some sort across the top.post #126 of 54611/29/10 at 6:27pm
No. Also the stand might become unstable even it they would fit. Just buy two.
post #127 of 54611/29/10 at 8:30pm
- 2" white pipe joint: $0.99
- 1 cm wide rubber band wrapped around back end of pipe: Scrounged from office supplies
- Sheet of white closed-cell shipping foam: Possibly $2,000, if it was shipped to you using an SPL Phonitor as package ballast. Possibly more, if a Beyerdynamics T1 were also included. I happened to be lucky and have some around without buying any kit. But I'm just saying, this is the sort of expense it could take.
- Tape to hold shipping foam in place: Scrounged
One strip was rolled tightly into a cylinder and taped to keep it from uncoiling. Then it was placed in the clampy-thing, and the second sheet was wrapped around it and taped into place. Then the pipe joint was slid on. Since it's a joint, there's an internal ridge around the middle which will help keep it in place with friction alone.
For good measure, the rubber band was added around the circumference of the pipe. The pipe slopes slightly backwards, so the rubber band acts as a natural stop.
Result: Pretty fine. The headphones are elevated enough now, and the headband doesn't snag on the clampy-thingy any more.
I deem it a cheap and effective mod, totally reversable. Keep in mind that if you have to order the foam online and the shipper insists on packing it around some piece of ultra high-end electronics, well, I'm sorry for your wallet, but this is the price you have to pay to achieve the utmost refinement in headphone stand technology.
Edited by ardgedee - 11/29/10 at 9:11pmpost #128 of 54611/29/10 at 8:33pm
Now thats a nice mod. I personally didn't like the way the stock clamp dispersed load on the headband at all. Carving 2 indentations into my headband doesn't work for me.post #129 of 54611/29/10 at 9:20pm
In a picture I posted a few pages back, I used a foam construction hat instead to elevate the headphones. A plus was that the foam doesn't indent the headband in any way. It was simple. I'm not a DIY kind of guy. :)post #130 of 54611/29/10 at 9:50pmQuote:
Yeah, that didn't seem like a permanent solution. I have a similar foamy hardhat but I didn't want to subject it to headphone-boarding.post #131 of 54611/29/10 at 11:16pm
Made a thread for this earlier but no one cared. Let's see how the response is over here?
I kept looking around for a good durable headphone stand but I can't seem to find anything to suit me, so why not DIY? I had to annoy the lady at Home Depot a bit but she helped me cut all the tubes in the end. Total cost was less than 20$. It was my little Thanksgiving arts and crafts project.
By the way, how was everyone's Thanksgiving?
Black Friday shopping anyone?post #132 of 54611/29/10 at 11:31pmpost #133 of 54611/30/10 at 3:57ampost #134 of 54611/30/10 at 4:17ampost #135 of 54611/30/10 at 9:45amQuote:
I don't know, it's some sort of industrial grade spray paint? It was sticky at first, but I let it dry for a day and it seems to be working very well.
A next step is I want some cushions or something like that to wrap around the bars. Any good suggestions of stores to go to in the US? Bed, bath and beyond maybe?
- New Headphone Stand
- Headphone Impedance
- › Article: "Why USB Cables Can Make a Difference" 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › ODAC rev. B with RCA out 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch s4's replacement <100$ 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › Sentey ThorX -best budget headphone ever! 10 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 12 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...