Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
New Headphone Stand - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 54411/27/10 at 6:45pmpost #123 of 54411/28/10 at 10:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Blisse
What's the fun of finding and buying real headphone stands, when you can look into gardening tools and find equally good stands? :P
True:)post #124 of 54411/29/10 at 2:40pm
Can this stand hold 2 headphones at the same time? I have headphones with relatively slim headbands, i.e. D2000 and Edition 8. The cups on the D2000 (modded wood cups) are fairly big, would they fit comfortably with the Ed. 8?post #125 of 54411/29/10 at 2:56pmQuote:
i doubt it, you'd need to add a bar of some sort across the top.post #126 of 54411/29/10 at 6:27pm
No. Also the stand might become unstable even it they would fit. Just buy two.
post #127 of 54411/29/10 at 8:30pm
- 2" white pipe joint: $0.99
- 1 cm wide rubber band wrapped around back end of pipe: Scrounged from office supplies
- Sheet of white closed-cell shipping foam: Possibly $2,000, if it was shipped to you using an SPL Phonitor as package ballast. Possibly more, if a Beyerdynamics T1 were also included. I happened to be lucky and have some around without buying any kit. But I'm just saying, this is the sort of expense it could take.
- Tape to hold shipping foam in place: Scrounged
One strip was rolled tightly into a cylinder and taped to keep it from uncoiling. Then it was placed in the clampy-thing, and the second sheet was wrapped around it and taped into place. Then the pipe joint was slid on. Since it's a joint, there's an internal ridge around the middle which will help keep it in place with friction alone.
For good measure, the rubber band was added around the circumference of the pipe. The pipe slopes slightly backwards, so the rubber band acts as a natural stop.
Result: Pretty fine. The headphones are elevated enough now, and the headband doesn't snag on the clampy-thingy any more.
I deem it a cheap and effective mod, totally reversable. Keep in mind that if you have to order the foam online and the shipper insists on packing it around some piece of ultra high-end electronics, well, I'm sorry for your wallet, but this is the price you have to pay to achieve the utmost refinement in headphone stand technology.
Edited by ardgedee - 11/29/10 at 9:11pmpost #128 of 54411/29/10 at 8:33pm
Now thats a nice mod. I personally didn't like the way the stock clamp dispersed load on the headband at all. Carving 2 indentations into my headband doesn't work for me.post #129 of 54411/29/10 at 9:20pm
In a picture I posted a few pages back, I used a foam construction hat instead to elevate the headphones. A plus was that the foam doesn't indent the headband in any way. It was simple. I'm not a DIY kind of guy. :)post #130 of 54411/29/10 at 9:50pmQuote:
Yeah, that didn't seem like a permanent solution. I have a similar foamy hardhat but I didn't want to subject it to headphone-boarding.post #131 of 54411/29/10 at 11:16pm
Made a thread for this earlier but no one cared. Let's see how the response is over here?
I kept looking around for a good durable headphone stand but I can't seem to find anything to suit me, so why not DIY? I had to annoy the lady at Home Depot a bit but she helped me cut all the tubes in the end. Total cost was less than 20$. It was my little Thanksgiving arts and crafts project.
By the way, how was everyone's Thanksgiving?
Black Friday shopping anyone?post #132 of 54411/29/10 at 11:31pmpost #133 of 54411/30/10 at 3:57ampost #134 of 54411/30/10 at 4:17ampost #135 of 54411/30/10 at 9:45amQuote:
I don't know, it's some sort of industrial grade spray paint? It was sticky at first, but I let it dry for a day and it seems to be working very well.
A next step is I want some cushions or something like that to wrap around the bars. Any good suggestions of stores to go to in the US? Bed, bath and beyond maybe?
- New Headphone Stand
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 50 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for HD800 56 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Technology isn't everything 3 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › how to attract a girl & boy voodoo spells Expert +919610790046 in... 5 minutes ago
- › Budget Headphone Amps? 6 minutes ago
- › Next Vienna/Austria Meet: January 24th 2015 7 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 8 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)