Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
New Headphone Stand - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 53511/27/10 at 6:45pmpost #123 of 53511/28/10 at 10:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Blisse
What's the fun of finding and buying real headphone stands, when you can look into gardening tools and find equally good stands? :P
True:)post #124 of 53511/29/10 at 2:40pm
Can this stand hold 2 headphones at the same time? I have headphones with relatively slim headbands, i.e. D2000 and Edition 8. The cups on the D2000 (modded wood cups) are fairly big, would they fit comfortably with the Ed. 8?post #125 of 53511/29/10 at 2:56pmQuote:
i doubt it, you'd need to add a bar of some sort across the top.post #126 of 53511/29/10 at 6:27pm
No. Also the stand might become unstable even it they would fit. Just buy two.
post #127 of 53511/29/10 at 8:30pm
- 2" white pipe joint: $0.99
- 1 cm wide rubber band wrapped around back end of pipe: Scrounged from office supplies
- Sheet of white closed-cell shipping foam: Possibly $2,000, if it was shipped to you using an SPL Phonitor as package ballast. Possibly more, if a Beyerdynamics T1 were also included. I happened to be lucky and have some around without buying any kit. But I'm just saying, this is the sort of expense it could take.
- Tape to hold shipping foam in place: Scrounged
One strip was rolled tightly into a cylinder and taped to keep it from uncoiling. Then it was placed in the clampy-thing, and the second sheet was wrapped around it and taped into place. Then the pipe joint was slid on. Since it's a joint, there's an internal ridge around the middle which will help keep it in place with friction alone.
For good measure, the rubber band was added around the circumference of the pipe. The pipe slopes slightly backwards, so the rubber band acts as a natural stop.
Result: Pretty fine. The headphones are elevated enough now, and the headband doesn't snag on the clampy-thingy any more.
I deem it a cheap and effective mod, totally reversable. Keep in mind that if you have to order the foam online and the shipper insists on packing it around some piece of ultra high-end electronics, well, I'm sorry for your wallet, but this is the price you have to pay to achieve the utmost refinement in headphone stand technology.
Edited by ardgedee - 11/29/10 at 9:11pmpost #128 of 53511/29/10 at 8:33pm
Now thats a nice mod. I personally didn't like the way the stock clamp dispersed load on the headband at all. Carving 2 indentations into my headband doesn't work for me.post #129 of 53511/29/10 at 9:20pm
In a picture I posted a few pages back, I used a foam construction hat instead to elevate the headphones. A plus was that the foam doesn't indent the headband in any way. It was simple. I'm not a DIY kind of guy. :)post #130 of 53511/29/10 at 9:50pmQuote:
Yeah, that didn't seem like a permanent solution. I have a similar foamy hardhat but I didn't want to subject it to headphone-boarding.post #131 of 53511/29/10 at 11:16pm
Made a thread for this earlier but no one cared. Let's see how the response is over here?
I kept looking around for a good durable headphone stand but I can't seem to find anything to suit me, so why not DIY? I had to annoy the lady at Home Depot a bit but she helped me cut all the tubes in the end. Total cost was less than 20$. It was my little Thanksgiving arts and crafts project.
By the way, how was everyone's Thanksgiving?
Black Friday shopping anyone?post #132 of 53511/29/10 at 11:31pmpost #133 of 53511/30/10 at 3:57ampost #134 of 53511/30/10 at 4:17ampost #135 of 53511/30/10 at 9:45amQuote:
I don't know, it's some sort of industrial grade spray paint? It was sticky at first, but I let it dry for a day and it seems to be working very well.
A next step is I want some cushions or something like that to wrap around the bars. Any good suggestions of stores to go to in the US? Bed, bath and beyond maybe?
- New Headphone Stand
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Shure SE535 - clicking sound with a cable ??? :/ 9 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 15 seconds ago
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 26 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 59 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 59 seconds ago
- › Does an Astro Mixamp improve audio technica ad700 headphones with a... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Best amp/soundcard to go with AKG Studio 240s 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe