Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
New Headphone Stand - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 54211/27/10 at 6:45pmpost #123 of 54211/28/10 at 10:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Blisse
What's the fun of finding and buying real headphone stands, when you can look into gardening tools and find equally good stands? :P
True:)post #124 of 54211/29/10 at 2:40pm
Can this stand hold 2 headphones at the same time? I have headphones with relatively slim headbands, i.e. D2000 and Edition 8. The cups on the D2000 (modded wood cups) are fairly big, would they fit comfortably with the Ed. 8?post #125 of 54211/29/10 at 2:56pmQuote:
i doubt it, you'd need to add a bar of some sort across the top.post #126 of 54211/29/10 at 6:27pm
No. Also the stand might become unstable even it they would fit. Just buy two.
post #127 of 54211/29/10 at 8:30pm
- 2" white pipe joint: $0.99
- 1 cm wide rubber band wrapped around back end of pipe: Scrounged from office supplies
- Sheet of white closed-cell shipping foam: Possibly $2,000, if it was shipped to you using an SPL Phonitor as package ballast. Possibly more, if a Beyerdynamics T1 were also included. I happened to be lucky and have some around without buying any kit. But I'm just saying, this is the sort of expense it could take.
- Tape to hold shipping foam in place: Scrounged
One strip was rolled tightly into a cylinder and taped to keep it from uncoiling. Then it was placed in the clampy-thing, and the second sheet was wrapped around it and taped into place. Then the pipe joint was slid on. Since it's a joint, there's an internal ridge around the middle which will help keep it in place with friction alone.
For good measure, the rubber band was added around the circumference of the pipe. The pipe slopes slightly backwards, so the rubber band acts as a natural stop.
Result: Pretty fine. The headphones are elevated enough now, and the headband doesn't snag on the clampy-thingy any more.
I deem it a cheap and effective mod, totally reversable. Keep in mind that if you have to order the foam online and the shipper insists on packing it around some piece of ultra high-end electronics, well, I'm sorry for your wallet, but this is the price you have to pay to achieve the utmost refinement in headphone stand technology.
Edited by ardgedee - 11/29/10 at 9:11pmpost #128 of 54211/29/10 at 8:33pm
Now thats a nice mod. I personally didn't like the way the stock clamp dispersed load on the headband at all. Carving 2 indentations into my headband doesn't work for me.post #129 of 54211/29/10 at 9:20pm
In a picture I posted a few pages back, I used a foam construction hat instead to elevate the headphones. A plus was that the foam doesn't indent the headband in any way. It was simple. I'm not a DIY kind of guy. :)post #130 of 54211/29/10 at 9:50pmQuote:
Yeah, that didn't seem like a permanent solution. I have a similar foamy hardhat but I didn't want to subject it to headphone-boarding.post #131 of 54211/29/10 at 11:16pm
Made a thread for this earlier but no one cared. Let's see how the response is over here?
I kept looking around for a good durable headphone stand but I can't seem to find anything to suit me, so why not DIY? I had to annoy the lady at Home Depot a bit but she helped me cut all the tubes in the end. Total cost was less than 20$. It was my little Thanksgiving arts and crafts project.
By the way, how was everyone's Thanksgiving?
Black Friday shopping anyone?post #132 of 54211/29/10 at 11:31pmpost #133 of 54211/30/10 at 3:57ampost #134 of 54211/30/10 at 4:17ampost #135 of 54211/30/10 at 9:45amQuote:
I don't know, it's some sort of industrial grade spray paint? It was sticky at first, but I let it dry for a day and it seems to be working very well.
A next step is I want some cushions or something like that to wrap around the bars. Any good suggestions of stores to go to in the US? Bed, bath and beyond maybe?
- New Headphone Stand
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 12 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 54 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-XB50: All of your basses...all of them. 2 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! 2 minutes ago
- › Comfortable closed cans for less than $200 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)