Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
New Headphone Stand - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 53911/27/10 at 6:45pmpost #123 of 53911/28/10 at 10:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Blisse
What's the fun of finding and buying real headphone stands, when you can look into gardening tools and find equally good stands? :P
True:)post #124 of 53911/29/10 at 2:40pm
Can this stand hold 2 headphones at the same time? I have headphones with relatively slim headbands, i.e. D2000 and Edition 8. The cups on the D2000 (modded wood cups) are fairly big, would they fit comfortably with the Ed. 8?post #125 of 53911/29/10 at 2:56pmQuote:
i doubt it, you'd need to add a bar of some sort across the top.post #126 of 53911/29/10 at 6:27pm
No. Also the stand might become unstable even it they would fit. Just buy two.
post #127 of 53911/29/10 at 8:30pm
- 2" white pipe joint: $0.99
- 1 cm wide rubber band wrapped around back end of pipe: Scrounged from office supplies
- Sheet of white closed-cell shipping foam: Possibly $2,000, if it was shipped to you using an SPL Phonitor as package ballast. Possibly more, if a Beyerdynamics T1 were also included. I happened to be lucky and have some around without buying any kit. But I'm just saying, this is the sort of expense it could take.
- Tape to hold shipping foam in place: Scrounged
One strip was rolled tightly into a cylinder and taped to keep it from uncoiling. Then it was placed in the clampy-thing, and the second sheet was wrapped around it and taped into place. Then the pipe joint was slid on. Since it's a joint, there's an internal ridge around the middle which will help keep it in place with friction alone.
For good measure, the rubber band was added around the circumference of the pipe. The pipe slopes slightly backwards, so the rubber band acts as a natural stop.
Result: Pretty fine. The headphones are elevated enough now, and the headband doesn't snag on the clampy-thingy any more.
I deem it a cheap and effective mod, totally reversable. Keep in mind that if you have to order the foam online and the shipper insists on packing it around some piece of ultra high-end electronics, well, I'm sorry for your wallet, but this is the price you have to pay to achieve the utmost refinement in headphone stand technology.
Edited by ardgedee - 11/29/10 at 9:11pmpost #128 of 53911/29/10 at 8:33pm
Now thats a nice mod. I personally didn't like the way the stock clamp dispersed load on the headband at all. Carving 2 indentations into my headband doesn't work for me.post #129 of 53911/29/10 at 9:20pm
In a picture I posted a few pages back, I used a foam construction hat instead to elevate the headphones. A plus was that the foam doesn't indent the headband in any way. It was simple. I'm not a DIY kind of guy. :)post #130 of 53911/29/10 at 9:50pmQuote:
Yeah, that didn't seem like a permanent solution. I have a similar foamy hardhat but I didn't want to subject it to headphone-boarding.post #131 of 53911/29/10 at 11:16pm
Made a thread for this earlier but no one cared. Let's see how the response is over here?
I kept looking around for a good durable headphone stand but I can't seem to find anything to suit me, so why not DIY? I had to annoy the lady at Home Depot a bit but she helped me cut all the tubes in the end. Total cost was less than 20$. It was my little Thanksgiving arts and crafts project.
By the way, how was everyone's Thanksgiving?
Black Friday shopping anyone?post #132 of 53911/29/10 at 11:31pmpost #133 of 53911/30/10 at 3:57ampost #134 of 53911/30/10 at 4:17ampost #135 of 53911/30/10 at 9:45amQuote:
I don't know, it's some sort of industrial grade spray paint? It was sticky at first, but I let it dry for a day and it seems to be working very well.
A next step is I want some cushions or something like that to wrap around the bars. Any good suggestions of stores to go to in the US? Bed, bath and beyond maybe?
- New Headphone Stand
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Lets Talk Metal 29 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 minute ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+ 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 3 minutes ago
- › Clarity One EB110 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob