If I have to get phones online, then it's HeadRoom, and HeadRoom only. They have excellent customer support and dealt with things nicely even when I got mad. Sorry about that, HeadRoom guys.
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
I appreciate headroom/headphone.com - Page 2post #16 of 2212/21/10 at 9:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2212/21/10 at 9:22pmpost #18 of 2210/25/11 at 3:28pm
I felt it was necessary to resurrect this thread on the grounds of how smooth dealing with headroom has been this past week for me. I made a mistake on a purchase, gave them a call and they happily walked me through the cancellation process and helped me place the order on the desktop amp that I wanted. BUT on top of they're friendly support, they threw in 1 day priority airmail shipping... FREE! Hopefully their awesome customer support can be backed up by awesome products, man I'm pumped for tommorow!post #19 of 2210/25/11 at 7:38pm
I've always been happy with their products. They may not be on the bleeding edge of performance, but they are very solid performers. And yes, their customer service is fantastic.post #20 of 2210/25/11 at 8:25pm
Just wanted to echo what other people have said here: great customer service, prompt responses, knowledgeable and frank staff, Headroom has it all. I bought my first real headphones, amp, and DAC from them, and they're usually still the first place I go to when I want reviews and detailed information on headphone sound signatures. (Well, them and Inner Fidelity.) Awesome place.post #21 of 2210/26/11 at 4:48amQuote:
I too have dealt with Jorge and just had a pair of HD650's shipped to Sydney last week. Not sure if the policy has changed since this post, but I emailed them for an international shipping quote and got a reply back from Jorge. Placed the order and had the item shipped to Sydney with no issues. Very happy.post #22 of 2210/26/11 at 3:16pm
I'm a huge fan of their amps. All of them.
My first portable amp I ever owned was the Total Airhead back in 2003 or 2002 and I was kind of clueless back then (No head-fi!). I think at the time I was using the DT-990 and an AKG K701 with the Airhead I came to the conclusion that yes, the K701 is not a good match!! Gotta love the red blink of death telling me I'm a moron every second. I loved that thing so much that when I accidentally blew it up last year, I immediately bought the same thing.
They're $99 and you can get cheaper portable amps made in China, but all their amps seem like they're built like a tank. I believe they're made in the USA too. You know the Micro Amp that looks like all cheap plastic on their webpage? It's not, but made out of metal and I dropped it a total of 4 times. How is anyone dumb enough to drop an amp four times? Well, it's still alive.
Back years ago Headroom amps were always mentioned a lot more on the forums. Now it seems like very few people mention or use them.
The Micro Amp is my favorite amp I've owned and has driven everything extremely well. HD-650, HD-600, K702 and even the K501. The only negative is that I get lots of clueless people telling me it's a portable amp and can only low impendence headphones. It's nearly half the size and feels like an E9 on steroids. Only headphone it didn't sound well with is the AKG K240 Sextett. It's not because it didn't have enough power. I actually prefer the Micro Amp with the HD-650 to the Asgard. I bought the Micro Amp (and kept it) due to playing well with both my HD-650 AND K702. The Asgard didn't get it done, but is still a very good amp.
I really hope they come up with a new portable amp smaller than the Total Airhead. Maybe something USB chargable. Total Airhead is nice, but it's a bit bulky. That thing can even drive the HD-650 quite well though! With the newer HD-650 the red (over voltage) light almost never went off even at very loud volume levels. Can't drive the DT-880 600 ohm though
- I appreciate headroom/headphone.com
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 21 seconds ago
- › Brother in law autistic and ignorant about headphones 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 VS Colorfly C3? 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 11 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 12 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)