If I have to get phones online, then it's HeadRoom, and HeadRoom only. They have excellent customer support and dealt with things nicely even when I got mad. Sorry about that, HeadRoom guys.
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
I appreciate headroom/headphone.com - Page 2post #16 of 2212/21/10 at 9:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2212/21/10 at 9:22pmpost #18 of 2210/25/11 at 3:28pm
I felt it was necessary to resurrect this thread on the grounds of how smooth dealing with headroom has been this past week for me. I made a mistake on a purchase, gave them a call and they happily walked me through the cancellation process and helped me place the order on the desktop amp that I wanted. BUT on top of they're friendly support, they threw in 1 day priority airmail shipping... FREE! Hopefully their awesome customer support can be backed up by awesome products, man I'm pumped for tommorow!post #19 of 2210/25/11 at 7:38pm
I've always been happy with their products. They may not be on the bleeding edge of performance, but they are very solid performers. And yes, their customer service is fantastic.post #20 of 2210/25/11 at 8:25pm
Just wanted to echo what other people have said here: great customer service, prompt responses, knowledgeable and frank staff, Headroom has it all. I bought my first real headphones, amp, and DAC from them, and they're usually still the first place I go to when I want reviews and detailed information on headphone sound signatures. (Well, them and Inner Fidelity.) Awesome place.post #21 of 2210/26/11 at 4:48amQuote:
I too have dealt with Jorge and just had a pair of HD650's shipped to Sydney last week. Not sure if the policy has changed since this post, but I emailed them for an international shipping quote and got a reply back from Jorge. Placed the order and had the item shipped to Sydney with no issues. Very happy.post #22 of 2210/26/11 at 3:16pm
I'm a huge fan of their amps. All of them.
My first portable amp I ever owned was the Total Airhead back in 2003 or 2002 and I was kind of clueless back then (No head-fi!). I think at the time I was using the DT-990 and an AKG K701 with the Airhead I came to the conclusion that yes, the K701 is not a good match!! Gotta love the red blink of death telling me I'm a moron every second. I loved that thing so much that when I accidentally blew it up last year, I immediately bought the same thing.
They're $99 and you can get cheaper portable amps made in China, but all their amps seem like they're built like a tank. I believe they're made in the USA too. You know the Micro Amp that looks like all cheap plastic on their webpage? It's not, but made out of metal and I dropped it a total of 4 times. How is anyone dumb enough to drop an amp four times? Well, it's still alive.
Back years ago Headroom amps were always mentioned a lot more on the forums. Now it seems like very few people mention or use them.
The Micro Amp is my favorite amp I've owned and has driven everything extremely well. HD-650, HD-600, K702 and even the K501. The only negative is that I get lots of clueless people telling me it's a portable amp and can only low impendence headphones. It's nearly half the size and feels like an E9 on steroids. Only headphone it didn't sound well with is the AKG K240 Sextett. It's not because it didn't have enough power. I actually prefer the Micro Amp with the HD-650 to the Asgard. I bought the Micro Amp (and kept it) due to playing well with both my HD-650 AND K702. The Asgard didn't get it done, but is still a very good amp.
I really hope they come up with a new portable amp smaller than the Total Airhead. Maybe something USB chargable. Total Airhead is nice, but it's a bit bulky. That thing can even drive the HD-650 quite well though! With the newer HD-650 the red (over voltage) light almost never went off even at very loud volume levels. Can't drive the DT-880 600 ohm though
- I appreciate headroom/headphone.com
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 10 seconds ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Surprisingly capable Cantatis Overture 192 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 Review 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3