I guess we all hear different aspects of the same amp's performance, and I had no idea to what extent that is being determined by our individual sources. phones and musical preferences. I'm in the early stages of burning in (ears or amp, something is burning in ..) a new amp that I wont name, and I'm convinced that it is better with electronica than with the bulk of my music (rock), but I know from past experience that such early impressions are subject to change. I didnt think a whole lot of iBasso's P4 when I first cranked it up, but by the 100-hour mark it was a different story - fortunately, I've spent long enough with the uHA-120 to just turn it on and forget all about the gear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productibasso D10 Cobratagged by System, 4/5/11
- productJust Audio AHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJust Audio uHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- good portable amp for grado325is? Last post on 1/25/11 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D10 Cobra or iBasso D4 Mamba Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best External Amp for under 50$? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions Last post on 3/27/14 at 5:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Is iBasso D12 an upgrade from Xonar Essence STX? Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp - Page 14post #196 of 2081/4/12 at 2:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2081/5/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
I think our respective points of reference might be different but I don't consider the uHA-120 the most resolving, transparent and accurate portable amp out there. My Leckerton is on another level by comparison. I do consider the uHA-120 a warmer, more fun sounding amp with pretty good technical performance. It is enjoyable.
This is exactly how I heard the uha-120.post #198 of 2081/5/12 at 2:04pm
And its gonna save my pocket money ;). Guess Leckerton will have a repeat customer. I eventually will pick up the UHA6S with a handful of OP AMps to roll. Wondering though what are the best ones. I want the best of all worlds from the most neutral to sultry mid centric.post #199 of 2086/16/12 at 6:01pmpost #200 of 2084/13/13 at 9:37ampost #201 of 2084/14/13 at 6:42pmpost #202 of 2084/20/13 at 9:09pmpost #203 of 2084/21/13 at 4:20ampost #204 of 2084/21/13 at 4:22amQuote:
Which one is more refined though?post #205 of 2084/21/13 at 4:28ampost #206 of 2084/21/13 at 4:39amQuote:
Do you think the uha would pair well with the LCD 2's?post #207 of 2084/21/13 at 5:04ampost #208 of 20812/12/13 at 4:56amJust to add a little info on this fine amp: The uha120 pairs well with the k701(bassport modded), powerful and smooth, everything is just right.
It's the second time I own it and the right words are indeed "enjoyable" and "just turn it on and forget all about the gear", it's as simple as that with this amp, and that is very easy to recommend ;-)
- JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 38 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › WA7 & WA7tp 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from sennheiser 555? 2 minutes ago
- › FINAL DROP FOR DT990s! DT990 Pro 250,(BNIB) Hifiman He 300 & Fiio... 3 minutes ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)