I guess we all hear different aspects of the same amp's performance, and I had no idea to what extent that is being determined by our individual sources. phones and musical preferences. I'm in the early stages of burning in (ears or amp, something is burning in ..) a new amp that I wont name, and I'm convinced that it is better with electronica than with the bulk of my music (rock), but I know from past experience that such early impressions are subject to change. I didnt think a whole lot of iBasso's P4 when I first cranked it up, but by the 100-hour mark it was a different story - fortunately, I've spent long enough with the uHA-120 to just turn it on and forget all about the gear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productibasso D10 Cobratagged by System, 4/5/11
- productJust Audio AHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJust Audio uHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- good portable amp for grado325is? Last post on 1/25/11 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D10 Cobra or iBasso D4 Mamba Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best External Amp for under 50$? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions Last post on 1/18/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp - Page 14post #196 of 2081/4/12 at 2:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2081/5/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
I think our respective points of reference might be different but I don't consider the uHA-120 the most resolving, transparent and accurate portable amp out there. My Leckerton is on another level by comparison. I do consider the uHA-120 a warmer, more fun sounding amp with pretty good technical performance. It is enjoyable.
This is exactly how I heard the uha-120.post #198 of 2081/5/12 at 2:04pm
And its gonna save my pocket money ;). Guess Leckerton will have a repeat customer. I eventually will pick up the UHA6S with a handful of OP AMps to roll. Wondering though what are the best ones. I want the best of all worlds from the most neutral to sultry mid centric.post #199 of 2086/16/12 at 6:01pmpost #200 of 2084/13/13 at 9:37ampost #201 of 2084/14/13 at 6:42pmpost #202 of 2084/20/13 at 9:09pmpost #203 of 2084/21/13 at 4:20ampost #204 of 2084/21/13 at 4:22amQuote:
Which one is more refined though?post #205 of 2084/21/13 at 4:28ampost #206 of 2084/21/13 at 4:39amQuote:
Do you think the uha would pair well with the LCD 2's?post #207 of 2084/21/13 at 5:04ampost #208 of 20812/12/13 at 4:56amJust to add a little info on this fine amp: The uha120 pairs well with the k701(bassport modded), powerful and smooth, everything is just right.
It's the second time I own it and the right words are indeed "enjoyable" and "just turn it on and forget all about the gear", it's as simple as that with this amp, and that is very easy to recommend ;-)
- JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 8 seconds ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 11 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 25 seconds ago
- › Prog rock 44 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 56 seconds ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 2 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear