I guess we all hear different aspects of the same amp's performance, and I had no idea to what extent that is being determined by our individual sources. phones and musical preferences. I'm in the early stages of burning in (ears or amp, something is burning in ..) a new amp that I wont name, and I'm convinced that it is better with electronica than with the bulk of my music (rock), but I know from past experience that such early impressions are subject to change. I didnt think a whole lot of iBasso's P4 when I first cranked it up, but by the 100-hour mark it was a different story - fortunately, I've spent long enough with the uHA-120 to just turn it on and forget all about the gear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productibasso D10 Cobratagged by System, 4/5/11
- productJust Audio AHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJust Audio uHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- good portable amp for grado325is? Last post on 1/25/11 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D10 Cobra or iBasso D4 Mamba Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best External Amp for under 50$? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions Last post on 3/27/14 at 5:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp - Page 14post #196 of 2081/4/12 at 2:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2081/5/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
I think our respective points of reference might be different but I don't consider the uHA-120 the most resolving, transparent and accurate portable amp out there. My Leckerton is on another level by comparison. I do consider the uHA-120 a warmer, more fun sounding amp with pretty good technical performance. It is enjoyable.
This is exactly how I heard the uha-120.post #198 of 2081/5/12 at 2:04pm
And its gonna save my pocket money ;). Guess Leckerton will have a repeat customer. I eventually will pick up the UHA6S with a handful of OP AMps to roll. Wondering though what are the best ones. I want the best of all worlds from the most neutral to sultry mid centric.post #199 of 2086/16/12 at 6:01pmpost #200 of 2084/13/13 at 9:37ampost #201 of 2084/14/13 at 6:42pmpost #202 of 2084/20/13 at 9:09pmpost #203 of 2084/21/13 at 4:20ampost #204 of 2084/21/13 at 4:22amQuote:
Which one is more refined though?post #205 of 2084/21/13 at 4:28ampost #206 of 2084/21/13 at 4:39amQuote:
Do you think the uha would pair well with the LCD 2's?post #207 of 2084/21/13 at 5:04ampost #208 of 20812/12/13 at 4:56amJust to add a little info on this fine amp: The uha120 pairs well with the k701(bassport modded), powerful and smooth, everything is just right.
It's the second time I own it and the right words are indeed "enjoyable" and "just turn it on and forget all about the gear", it's as simple as that with this amp, and that is very easy to recommend ;-)
- JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 29 seconds ago
- › My experience with MP4Nation (Customer information inside) 39 seconds ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Any headfi-ers in Connecticut? 42 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › How to Compare Headphones - Factoring out loudness 1 minute ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › FIRE SALE: Muse Audio R2-R Mini-DAC TDA1543x4 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)