I guess we all hear different aspects of the same amp's performance, and I had no idea to what extent that is being determined by our individual sources. phones and musical preferences. I'm in the early stages of burning in (ears or amp, something is burning in ..) a new amp that I wont name, and I'm convinced that it is better with electronica than with the bulk of my music (rock), but I know from past experience that such early impressions are subject to change. I didnt think a whole lot of iBasso's P4 when I first cranked it up, but by the 100-hour mark it was a different story - fortunately, I've spent long enough with the uHA-120 to just turn it on and forget all about the gear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productibasso D10 Cobratagged by System, 4/5/11
- productJust Audio AHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJust Audio uHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- good portable amp for grado325is? Last post on 1/25/11 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D10 Cobra or iBasso D4 Mamba Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best External Amp for under 50$? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions Last post on 1/18/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp - Page 14post #196 of 2081/4/12 at 2:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2081/5/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
I think our respective points of reference might be different but I don't consider the uHA-120 the most resolving, transparent and accurate portable amp out there. My Leckerton is on another level by comparison. I do consider the uHA-120 a warmer, more fun sounding amp with pretty good technical performance. It is enjoyable.
This is exactly how I heard the uha-120.post #198 of 2081/5/12 at 2:04pm
And its gonna save my pocket money ;). Guess Leckerton will have a repeat customer. I eventually will pick up the UHA6S with a handful of OP AMps to roll. Wondering though what are the best ones. I want the best of all worlds from the most neutral to sultry mid centric.post #199 of 2086/16/12 at 6:01pmpost #200 of 2084/13/13 at 9:37ampost #201 of 2084/14/13 at 6:42pmpost #202 of 2084/20/13 at 9:09pmpost #203 of 2084/21/13 at 4:20ampost #204 of 2084/21/13 at 4:22amQuote:
Which one is more refined though?post #205 of 2084/21/13 at 4:28ampost #206 of 2084/21/13 at 4:39amQuote:
Do you think the uha would pair well with the LCD 2's?post #207 of 2084/21/13 at 5:04ampost #208 of 20812/12/13 at 4:56amJust to add a little info on this fine amp: The uha120 pairs well with the k701(bassport modded), powerful and smooth, everything is just right.
It's the second time I own it and the right words are indeed "enjoyable" and "just turn it on and forget all about the gear", it's as simple as that with this amp, and that is very easy to recommend ;-)
- JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 26 seconds ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VI 3 minutes ago
- › Chesky Vocalists Comparison: Badi Assad & Louise Rogers 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from AKG K7XX 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 10 minutes ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016 10 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 16 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...