I guess we all hear different aspects of the same amp's performance, and I had no idea to what extent that is being determined by our individual sources. phones and musical preferences. I'm in the early stages of burning in (ears or amp, something is burning in ..) a new amp that I wont name, and I'm convinced that it is better with electronica than with the bulk of my music (rock), but I know from past experience that such early impressions are subject to change. I didnt think a whole lot of iBasso's P4 when I first cranked it up, but by the 100-hour mark it was a different story - fortunately, I've spent long enough with the uHA-120 to just turn it on and forget all about the gear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productibasso D10 Cobratagged by System, 4/5/11
- productJust Audio AHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJust Audio uHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- good portable amp for grado325is? Last post on 1/25/11 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D10 Cobra or iBasso D4 Mamba Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best External Amp for under 50$? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions Last post on 3/27/14 at 5:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Is iBasso D12 an upgrade from Xonar Essence STX? Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Today
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp - Page 14post #196 of 2081/4/12 at 2:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2081/5/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
I think our respective points of reference might be different but I don't consider the uHA-120 the most resolving, transparent and accurate portable amp out there. My Leckerton is on another level by comparison. I do consider the uHA-120 a warmer, more fun sounding amp with pretty good technical performance. It is enjoyable.
This is exactly how I heard the uha-120.post #198 of 2081/5/12 at 2:04pm
And its gonna save my pocket money ;). Guess Leckerton will have a repeat customer. I eventually will pick up the UHA6S with a handful of OP AMps to roll. Wondering though what are the best ones. I want the best of all worlds from the most neutral to sultry mid centric.post #199 of 2086/16/12 at 6:01pmpost #200 of 2084/13/13 at 9:37ampost #201 of 2084/14/13 at 6:42pmpost #202 of 2084/20/13 at 9:09pmpost #203 of 2084/21/13 at 4:20ampost #204 of 2084/21/13 at 4:22amQuote:
Which one is more refined though?post #205 of 2084/21/13 at 4:28ampost #206 of 2084/21/13 at 4:39amQuote:
Do you think the uha would pair well with the LCD 2's?post #207 of 2084/21/13 at 5:04ampost #208 of 20812/12/13 at 4:56amJust to add a little info on this fine amp: The uha120 pairs well with the k701(bassport modded), powerful and smooth, everything is just right.
It's the second time I own it and the right words are indeed "enjoyable" and "just turn it on and forget all about the gear", it's as simple as that with this amp, and that is very easy to recommend ;-)
- JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 15 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 36 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best 2.1 computer sound system 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Would a portable tube amp pair better with high impedance... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)