I think there could be something weird with Amazon and Beyers. I've been an Amazon customer for a long time and never had any issues; still don't to be honest. Though my DT 880/32's arrived with a blue aluring... Are all DT 880/32's (non-MANUFAKTUR) like this? I know other people on Amazon commented theirs are blue as well (32 ohm users anyway). I don't mind the color; but it just seems strange that the headphone inside doesn't match the headphone on the box. Amazon was the actual seller too; not a third party seller fulfilled by Amazon.
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 11/16/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 11/16/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 11/16/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/16/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/16/10
Related Forum Threads
- Are Refurbished Headphones a Good Idea? Last post on 6/13/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 600Ω - where's the bass?? Last post on 4/18/11 at 3:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Strange DT880 conundrum Last post on 1/3/11 at 1:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 6/3/16 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What "house sound" annoys you the most? Last post on 9/25/14 at 9:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
DT770/600... bass light? Uhh, not the one I got. Also, harder pads than the DT880/990? - Page 2post #16 of 3811/18/10 at 12:33am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3811/18/10 at 1:54am
I just got a Manufaktur MMX300 (DT770 premium 32ohm as I understand) and it's bass light. And it has bass reflex ports near the yoke.
I made a thread for pad rolling and mods here:post #18 of 3812/21/10 at 5:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Okay, considering I have owned the DT880/32, DT770 Pro 80, DT990/600 (currently), I was expecting to get a well balanced closed headphone in the DT770, that had even less bass than the DT880.
I just got them, and the first thing I immediately noticed was how powerful the bass is. Like insane bass...
That's very strange, my DT770 600ohm really lacks bass. Unless we both have different views on what insane bass is. For me insane bass = Dre Beats and these don't even come close to the beats bass wise.post #19 of 3812/21/10 at 8:53amThread Starter
Look to see if you have holes on the cups (where the yoke connects to the cups. Those are reflex ports, and they add a ridiculous amount of bass in my opinion. Once you close them off, the bass is pretty much muted almost to non existence.
Most DT770/600 don't have bass ports, which I'm betting is what you got.post #20 of 3812/21/10 at 10:20ampost #21 of 3812/21/10 at 5:22pm
Well I have yet to get a straight answer from beyer on this matter. They have dodged my question 3 times now and gave me the information chart on the DT770. We will never know if they will be like this or if it was a bad batch or whatever until they come clean.post #22 of 3812/22/10 at 3:35ampost #23 of 3812/22/10 at 3:48amThread Starter
No, no. I have 2 holes, one on each cup. Sorry if I made the mistake of saying I had two on each.
Now I dunno if mine was defective or not (I bought it directly from Amazon.com brand new), but I know strong and prominent bass, and these were quite ridiculous. EVERY song, even those that didn't call for it had so much bass, it was near headache inducing. Once I covered up the holes the cans were a LOT easier to listen to, but the bass was just waaaaay too light for my taste. I could have easily half closed the bass ports and gotten a pretty good balance of bass, but I didn't wanna mod anything. That and the pads were harder than I would have liked (compared to the awesomely soft DT990 pads).post #24 of 3812/22/10 at 3:53am
It's really strange how some people are saying the DT770 600 are bass heavy and some people think its bass light. It's either Beyer keeps releasing different versions or we've all have different ideas of what heavy bass is :Spost #25 of 3812/22/10 at 3:56amThread Starter
Heavy bass for me is stuff like the XB700, DT770 Pro 80, Koss UR40 (unmodded), Monster Beats, M50 with bass boost, ES7, ESW9.
The DT770/600 with bass ports were right in line with all of those, except there was bass ALL THE TIME, and while I covered the holes, they were more in between the AD700 and K701/2. Bass light to the core.post #26 of 3812/22/10 at 6:06am
I'll chime in with my experience because I have a lot of the above mentioned cans.
I got 32 ohm versions of the 770 and 880 from Amazon.
Also have XB-700s in my possession.
In order of bass, least to most: 880 then 770 then XB-700.
If your 770 has more bass than the Sony, then woah.
Probably a defect?
Also, the bass difference between 880 and 770 was not huge.
XB-700 has a crap ton more bass.
Unfortunately, I can't check for the bass ports because I kept the 880 and returned the 770.
I got mine from Amazon too, and it was in the last couple of weeks.
Was yours from Amazon or a 3rd party Amazon seller?
Mine was from Amazon direct.post #27 of 3812/22/10 at 6:09amThread Starter
Amazon direct. Mine were the 600ohm. They were the only headphones other than the UR40s where I felt the need to REDUCE the bass. AT least with the XB700 and DT770 Pros, I knew what I was getting into, and the bass sounded good for what it was. I felt uncomfortable with the Premium 770's bass.post #28 of 3812/22/10 at 6:15am
I guess my DT770's are normal. Could be my Fiio E7/E9 combo that isn't warm enough and the fact my expectations were for the DT770 to have more powerful bass than the Monster Beats. On the other hand I think Mad Lust Envy's headphones were defected.post #29 of 3812/22/10 at 6:15am
Dude, that is bizarre.
I think your feeling is correct with the replaced ear cups.
Also, my 880 does feel different compared to the 770.
Couldn't pinpoint exactly why, if it was the material of the cup, or the clamping force.
I'd expected them to be the same, but nope.
The 880 seemed to have a more even force on the top and bottom of the ear.
More like the way an HD-595 feels.post #30 of 3812/22/10 at 6:59amQuote:
The FiiO has nothing to do with it. In any case, the DT 770 Pro 80 ohm version is completely different from the premium line (32/250/600) and should blow away Beats.
- DT770/600... bass light? Uhh, not the one I got. Also, harder pads than the DT880/990?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 6 minutes ago
- › IEM under $70 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...