Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) - Page 78

post #1156 of 2359

dosley01...where'd you go?!

popcorn.gif

post #1157 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhostWhoWalks View Post

Right now I'm listening to Sarah Vaughan singing Gershwin. I'm in vocal heaven. :)

 

Finally, some love for "Sassy!"

beerchug.gif

post #1158 of 2359

Amy Lee...no one else compares!

post #1159 of 2359

On what day?

popcorn.gif

post #1160 of 2359

Check out Somewhere Somebody sung by Jennifer Warnes on the AIX Headphones [xi] production of Nitty Gritty Surround. It's on iTunes, but it sounds pretty darn amazing, considering.

 

http://itunes.apple.com/au/album/nitty-gritty-surround-headphones/id514790981

post #1161 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

dosley01...where'd you go?!

popcorn.gif

 

Still here, I have been busy shopping for all the accessories I need for my TT.  Now to do some record store shopping for all my favorite singers in vinyl.  Too bad everything I want seems to be out of print and $$$$.

post #1162 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonkeyflyer View Post

 

Great line up....except Patricia Barber!  Check out Cafe Blue and Modern Cool.  And Anna Maria Jopeck - Upojenie.

Cool. Never heard Patricia Barber before, and such stunning recordings :-) Anna Maria Jopeck is another gem, and again, a stunning recording. Any more recommendations? Got to be great sound quality though!! Did I mention EVA CASSIDY. lol

post #1163 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrington View Post

Cool. Never heard Patricia Barber before, and such stunning recordings :-) Anna Maria Jopeck is another gem, and again, a stunning recording. Any more recommendations? Got to be great sound quality though!! Did I mention EVA CASSIDY. lol

 

Sade's "Please Send Me Someone To Love"

Norah Jones' "Stuck", "I Wouldn't Need You", and "Back To Manhattan"

Melody Gardot's "Worrisome Heart"

Madelein Peyroux' "Dance With Me To The End of Love"

Lucinda Williams' "I Long For Your Kiss", "Essence"

k. d. lang's "Wash Me Clean", "Constant Craving", and "Pullin' Back The Reins"

Juilanna Raye's "Dewberry Wine" and "Leaves Before Autumn"

Diana Krall's "I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance With You", "I've Got You Under My Skin", and "Fly Me To The Moon"

Cowboy Junkies' "Sweet Jane"

Allison Krauss' "Now That I've Found You" and "Lord Show Me The Way"

 

What about EVA CASSIDY?!

post #1164 of 2359

post #1165 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosley01 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

dosley01...where'd you go?!

popcorn.gif

 

Still here, I have been busy shopping for all the accessories I need for my TT.  Now to do some record store shopping for all my favorite singers in vinyl.  Too bad everything I want seems to be out of print and $$$$.

 

"Out of print" selections & BIG $$$ commanded the problems you previously hinted at?

post #1166 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

"Out of print" selections & BIG $$$ commanded the problems you previously hinted at?


No my problem is having a huge crush on Diana Krall which started my search for a TT and buying Vinyl (mostly because of the new album cover.  redface.gif)

 

I'm going to have a sit down with my DK SACDs vs DK Vinyl and see if I'm a Digital or Analog guy.  I grew up with Vinyl but by the middle 80's I can't say I was listening to anything "Audiophile" and then CDs went mainstream so I have never heard anything better than a $89 Technics turtable with a stock cartridge. 

post #1167 of 2359

Chan Marshall.  New Cat Power album "Sun" out today.

 

 

post #1168 of 2359
Rie Fu. So under rated frown.gif
Nagi's vocals from supercell...oh the highs...biggrin.gif
post #1169 of 2359

i really enjoy vocals of:

 

dido

sarah brightman

lana del ray

gemma ray

katherine jenkin in pachaebel's canon

bat for lashes

post #1170 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonkeyflyer View Post

 

Sade's "Please Send Me Someone To Love"

Norah Jones' "Stuck", "I Wouldn't Need You", and "Back To Manhattan"

Melody Gardot's "Worrisome Heart"

Madelein Peyroux' "Dance With Me To The End of Love"

Lucinda Williams' "I Long For Your Kiss", "Essence"

k. d. lang's "Wash Me Clean", "Constant Craving", and "Pullin' Back The Reins"

Juilanna Raye's "Dewberry Wine" and "Leaves Before Autumn"

Diana Krall's "I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance With You", "I've Got You Under My Skin", and "Fly Me To The Moon"

Cowboy Junkies' "Sweet Jane"

Allison Krauss' "Now That I've Found You" and "Lord Show Me The Way"

 

What about EVA CASSIDY?!

Sade..... listened to a few albums. She's good but not outstanding

Norah Jones..........Got most. Love her to bits. Excellent recordings, particularly "Come Away With Me"

Melody Gardot.........Great.Watched a documentary about her the other day on TV

Diana Krall..............Listened to most. Favourite is "Live In Paris" and "The Girl In The Other Room"

Cowboy Junkies.......Excellent, especially "Trinity Sessions" and "Trinity Revisited"

Alison Kraus............Fantastic. Favourites are "New Favourite" and "Live"

Will listen to some of your recommendations.

 

Ohhh.......And Eva Cassidy is in a class of her own. I don't know of any one better............................yet!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)