It's 90% marketing and product placement; most people who buy beats couldn't care less how they sound, it's just a fashion accessory, ditto skullcandy. People who buy beats are not going to suddenly start digging deeper into other options, they are just going to buy whatever is shown on MTV.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 2/3/11
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 11/12/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 2/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- My local Best Buy sells really good headphones - who knew? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200-$250 Headphone suggestions Last post on 10/22/10 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie needs help finding circumaurals Last post on 7/31/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
Dr. Dre and his Beats. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 552/5/11 at 4:55pm
clearly some one has never herd them.post #48 of 552/5/11 at 5:07pm
Yeah, I found the P5s' sonic performance rather underwhelming compared to other supra-aural headphones. They don't have the imaging and the speed of the HD25s, nor the soundstage and warmth of the ESW9s, and are less resolving than both of them.
I wouldn't go so far as to say they're bad headphones, though. The P5s do perform respectably, and aren't as overpriced as Bose or Beats, although I think they are still overpriced.post #49 of 552/5/11 at 5:10pmpost #50 of 552/6/11 at 7:03pmpost #51 of 552/6/11 at 7:10pmpost #52 of 552/6/11 at 7:23pmpost #53 of 552/6/11 at 7:42pm
sounds like you don't either.
oh yes, i went there.
it entertains me to no end how much the mention of beats on these forums quickly turns into flame thrower fodder.post #54 of 552/6/11 at 7:57pm
As **** as Dre's headphones are, anyone who's heard his production knows he doesn't use them to mix at the very least. He know's what he's doing there.post #55 of 552/6/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
OH JESUS, your avatar....why you do dat to kirby?
- Dr. Dre and his Beats.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › DSD, PCM and other myths explained.... 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 12 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2