It's 90% marketing and product placement; most people who buy beats couldn't care less how they sound, it's just a fashion accessory, ditto skullcandy. People who buy beats are not going to suddenly start digging deeper into other options, they are just going to buy whatever is shown on MTV.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 2/3/11
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 11/12/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 2/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- My local Best Buy sells really good headphones - who knew? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200-$250 Headphone suggestions Last post on 10/22/10 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie needs help finding circumaurals Last post on 7/31/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Dr. Dre and his Beats. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 552/5/11 at 4:55pm
clearly some one has never herd them.post #48 of 552/5/11 at 5:07pm
Yeah, I found the P5s' sonic performance rather underwhelming compared to other supra-aural headphones. They don't have the imaging and the speed of the HD25s, nor the soundstage and warmth of the ESW9s, and are less resolving than both of them.
I wouldn't go so far as to say they're bad headphones, though. The P5s do perform respectably, and aren't as overpriced as Bose or Beats, although I think they are still overpriced.post #49 of 552/5/11 at 5:10pmpost #50 of 552/6/11 at 7:03pmpost #51 of 552/6/11 at 7:10pmpost #52 of 552/6/11 at 7:23pmpost #53 of 552/6/11 at 7:42pm
sounds like you don't either.
oh yes, i went there.
it entertains me to no end how much the mention of beats on these forums quickly turns into flame thrower fodder.post #54 of 552/6/11 at 7:57pm
As **** as Dre's headphones are, anyone who's heard his production knows he doesn't use them to mix at the very least. He know's what he's doing there.post #55 of 552/6/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
OH JESUS, your avatar....why you do dat to kirby?
- Dr. Dre and his Beats.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Compliment to LCD2.2 Bamboo - Recording studio Not expensive... 25 seconds ago
- › DAC for computer with beats audio 46 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 5 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 6 minutes ago
- › Different impedance. Benefits? 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3