It's 90% marketing and product placement; most people who buy beats couldn't care less how they sound, it's just a fashion accessory, ditto skullcandy. People who buy beats are not going to suddenly start digging deeper into other options, they are just going to buy whatever is shown on MTV.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 2/3/11
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 11/12/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 2/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- My local Best Buy sells really good headphones - who knew? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200-$250 Headphone suggestions Last post on 10/22/10 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie needs help finding circumaurals Last post on 7/31/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
Dr. Dre and his Beats. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 552/5/11 at 4:55pm
clearly some one has never herd them.post #48 of 552/5/11 at 5:07pm
Yeah, I found the P5s' sonic performance rather underwhelming compared to other supra-aural headphones. They don't have the imaging and the speed of the HD25s, nor the soundstage and warmth of the ESW9s, and are less resolving than both of them.
I wouldn't go so far as to say they're bad headphones, though. The P5s do perform respectably, and aren't as overpriced as Bose or Beats, although I think they are still overpriced.post #49 of 552/5/11 at 5:10pmpost #50 of 552/6/11 at 7:03pmpost #51 of 552/6/11 at 7:10pmpost #52 of 552/6/11 at 7:23pmpost #53 of 552/6/11 at 7:42pm
sounds like you don't either.
oh yes, i went there.
it entertains me to no end how much the mention of beats on these forums quickly turns into flame thrower fodder.post #54 of 552/6/11 at 7:57pm
As **** as Dre's headphones are, anyone who's heard his production knows he doesn't use them to mix at the very least. He know's what he's doing there.post #55 of 552/6/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
OH JESUS, your avatar....why you do dat to kirby?
- Dr. Dre and his Beats.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 37 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 44 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted!: JVC HA-FX850 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 5 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3