It's 90% marketing and product placement; most people who buy beats couldn't care less how they sound, it's just a fashion accessory, ditto skullcandy. People who buy beats are not going to suddenly start digging deeper into other options, they are just going to buy whatever is shown on MTV.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 2/3/11
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 11/12/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 2/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- My local Best Buy sells really good headphones - who knew? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200-$250 Headphone suggestions Last post on 10/22/10 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie needs help finding circumaurals Last post on 7/31/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Dr. Dre and his Beats. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 552/5/11 at 4:55pm
clearly some one has never herd them.post #48 of 552/5/11 at 5:07pm
Yeah, I found the P5s' sonic performance rather underwhelming compared to other supra-aural headphones. They don't have the imaging and the speed of the HD25s, nor the soundstage and warmth of the ESW9s, and are less resolving than both of them.
I wouldn't go so far as to say they're bad headphones, though. The P5s do perform respectably, and aren't as overpriced as Bose or Beats, although I think they are still overpriced.post #49 of 552/5/11 at 5:10pmpost #50 of 552/6/11 at 7:03pmpost #51 of 552/6/11 at 7:10pmpost #52 of 552/6/11 at 7:23pmpost #53 of 552/6/11 at 7:42pm
sounds like you don't either.
oh yes, i went there.
it entertains me to no end how much the mention of beats on these forums quickly turns into flame thrower fodder.post #54 of 552/6/11 at 7:57pm
As **** as Dre's headphones are, anyone who's heard his production knows he doesn't use them to mix at the very least. He know's what he's doing there.post #55 of 552/6/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
OH JESUS, your avatar....why you do dat to kirby?
- Dr. Dre and his Beats.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › $500 iem vs $500 headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › FS: DT880 600ohm version shipped 3 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2