how should I exectue the task on my beyers 770 pro? Place books between it for x amount of time & the books should have a wider width than my head width. Or just stretch them a little, using massive force for a short amount of time.?
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 11/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setup Last post on 1/10/12 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 For Eletronic Music Last post on 10/21/11 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Xonar Xense) alternative with better bass? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting as...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
How to loosen headphone pressure?post #1 of 1211/10/10 at 7:50amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1211/11/10 at 2:31pm
I just reduced the amount of bend on the metal forks by hand. While the metal has some springiness it is easily reformed to taste.
One of the reasons I get a kick out of those who say they like the Premium better because of lower clamping pressure - when you can change it in a couple of minutes on any model.post #3 of 1211/12/10 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1211/13/10 at 8:58ampost #5 of 1211/13/10 at 1:57pm
Whatever you do, don't overnight them on some books or PC or something. I've heard horror stories of people waking up to 2 halves of a headphone.
Also doesn't help that you have the Pro version which is intended to have the extra clamping force for studio use.post #6 of 1211/13/10 at 9:35pm
Let's try this again...
The Pros and the Premiums are very nearly identical.
Both models use an essentially identical metal band for holding the ear cups and applying pressure.
The Pros ship with more tension on this band than do the Premiums.
Both models can be readily adjusted in regards to pressure.
I own the Pro 770-80s.
I adjusted the pressure on mine the first week I had them, to what I would estimate is a lower pressure than the stock Premiums.
I use my phones several hours a day, 5 days a week. I have hundreds of hours on them, use them regularly during travel, and they have maintained the new pressure level perfectly.
If someone does not wish to adjust the pressure on their phones, that would certainly be understandable, but there is no difference in this regard with respect to the Pros vs the Premiums, simply that the Pros come with more tension as supplied from the factory.
post #7 of 1211/14/10 at 4:13ampost #8 of 1211/14/10 at 4:24am
Good riddance, how many books did they use? These people must have overdone it.
I think it is pretty self explanatory to only use as much books as you need to make the phones spread sligtly wider than they would on your head. I fail to see how the headphones should break that way. I've done it a couple of times myself, never had any problems.
If you can't bend them a little by hand to reduce the preasure, I would always recommend the book method.
post #9 of 1212/15/10 at 11:06pm
again - I'll just say - some people are NOT meant to wear headphones
Let's put it this way - if baseball caps tend to give you a headache after an hour or two, then headphones will too (and you gotta go with 'buds)
I don't know why, but I have a HUGE head - headphones and ballcaps fit fine during highschool - by the end of college, I just couldn't wear hats or headphones anymore
My 2 cents ;)post #10 of 1212/21/10 at 4:04pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1212/21/10 at 4:11pm
Buy a mannequin for them, lol
But seriously, you can reduce the clamp force by stretching them a little before you use them. It helped me.post #12 of 1212/21/10 at 7:37pm
Books worked for me. You should easily be able to wear the headphones, and as you remove them keep them in place as much as you can (lift them slightly away from your ears and "memorize" the force necessary), then add a book or two on top of how large that is.
The people who ended up with two halves probably deserved it.
- How to loosen headphone pressure?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 56 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...