how should I exectue the task on my beyers 770 pro? Place books between it for x amount of time & the books should have a wider width than my head width. Or just stretch them a little, using massive force for a short amount of time.?
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 11/10/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setup Last post on 1/10/12 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 For Eletronic Music Last post on 10/21/11 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Xonar Xense) alternative with better bass? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
How to loosen headphone pressure?post #1 of 1211/10/10 at 7:50amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1211/11/10 at 2:31pm
I just reduced the amount of bend on the metal forks by hand. While the metal has some springiness it is easily reformed to taste.
One of the reasons I get a kick out of those who say they like the Premium better because of lower clamping pressure - when you can change it in a couple of minutes on any model.post #3 of 1211/12/10 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1211/13/10 at 8:58ampost #5 of 1211/13/10 at 1:57pm
Whatever you do, don't overnight them on some books or PC or something. I've heard horror stories of people waking up to 2 halves of a headphone.
Also doesn't help that you have the Pro version which is intended to have the extra clamping force for studio use.post #6 of 1211/13/10 at 9:35pm
Let's try this again...
The Pros and the Premiums are very nearly identical.
Both models use an essentially identical metal band for holding the ear cups and applying pressure.
The Pros ship with more tension on this band than do the Premiums.
Both models can be readily adjusted in regards to pressure.
I own the Pro 770-80s.
I adjusted the pressure on mine the first week I had them, to what I would estimate is a lower pressure than the stock Premiums.
I use my phones several hours a day, 5 days a week. I have hundreds of hours on them, use them regularly during travel, and they have maintained the new pressure level perfectly.
If someone does not wish to adjust the pressure on their phones, that would certainly be understandable, but there is no difference in this regard with respect to the Pros vs the Premiums, simply that the Pros come with more tension as supplied from the factory.
post #7 of 1211/14/10 at 4:13ampost #8 of 1211/14/10 at 4:24am
Good riddance, how many books did they use? These people must have overdone it.
I think it is pretty self explanatory to only use as much books as you need to make the phones spread sligtly wider than they would on your head. I fail to see how the headphones should break that way. I've done it a couple of times myself, never had any problems.
If you can't bend them a little by hand to reduce the preasure, I would always recommend the book method.
post #9 of 1212/15/10 at 11:06pm
again - I'll just say - some people are NOT meant to wear headphones
Let's put it this way - if baseball caps tend to give you a headache after an hour or two, then headphones will too (and you gotta go with 'buds)
I don't know why, but I have a HUGE head - headphones and ballcaps fit fine during highschool - by the end of college, I just couldn't wear hats or headphones anymore
My 2 cents ;)post #10 of 1212/21/10 at 4:04pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1212/21/10 at 4:11pm
Buy a mannequin for them, lol
But seriously, you can reduce the clamp force by stretching them a little before you use them. It helped me.post #12 of 1212/21/10 at 7:37pm
Books worked for me. You should easily be able to wear the headphones, and as you remove them keep them in place as much as you can (lift them slightly away from your ears and "memorize" the force necessary), then add a book or two on top of how large that is.
The people who ended up with two halves probably deserved it.
- How to loosen headphone pressure?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Need help picking a pair of headphones 2 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Budget mid centric IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 4 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3