- 1,063 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 223post #3331 of 33431/14/15 at 3:20pmIt unscrews but it's super simple. Only issue I had was one of my screws was broken off from the factory. Other than that never had an issue dissembling/'re assembling
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3332 of 33431/14/15 at 3:55pm
Ok so what'll you want to do is remove the baffle off and put the shelf liner above the round felt and under the plastic baffle (sandwich in between). Then rescrew the baffle back on and test. You'll need to trim the shelf liner to make way for the screws as well, simple enough. If the shelf liner gets wavy as you screw the baffle down, you'll want to back the screws out loose (not off) and press the middle of the liner down slightly to make it tight while you tighten the screws down.
Tighten the screws like you would a car wheel, get the screws down to a stop with no torque (all of them) then torque a little more so it turns 1/16" of a turn. When you torque them down, don't go from a one screw to the next, you'll want to do a cross pattern.post #3333 of 33431/18/15 at 8:19pmpost #3334 of 33431/18/15 at 8:27pm
Not I. I'm actually going to be putting mine up on the classifieds tonight or tomorrow. Sad to see them go so soon, but I can't afford to keep all these headphones. I'll remember them fondly tho, they were an important stepping stone for me.post #3335 of 33431/18/15 at 8:32pmI bought the right shelf liner per recommended by the mods thread. If anyone wants some liner mailed I'd be willing to send two square cuts to someone willing to try it on their HE4. Hemi?post #3336 of 33431/18/15 at 9:21pmpost #3337 of 33431/18/15 at 10:11pmpost #3338 of 33431/18/15 at 10:32pmpost #3339 of 33431/19/15 at 6:13amQuote:
I know this wasn't directed to me, but I'd be willing to pay for that liner if you ship enough to do the mod my way too.post #3340 of 33431/19/15 at 4:42pmpost #3341 of 33431/24/15 at 1:20amAlright guys, couple of things to take note on. Looking at the liner there's a rounder side and a flatter side, the flatter side is towards the driver and rounder side towards your ear. Also make sure the pattern is going vertical and not horizontal or diagonally. You want it to follow the vertical pattern of the diaphragm's metallic part.
Also be sure to cut space where screws will go through the edge of the liner. Should be a simple 30m mod if not less. Also tighten the screws in a star pattern like you would a car wheel.post #3342 of 33431/24/15 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome
Alright guys, couple of things to take note on. Looking at the liner there's a rounder side and a flatter side, the flatter side is towards the driver and rounder side towards your ear. Also make sure the pattern is going vertical and not horizontal or diagonally. You want it to follow the vertical pattern of the diaphragm's metallic part.
Also be sure to cut space where screws will go through the edge of the liner. Should be a simple 30m mod if not less. Also tighten the screws in a star pattern like you would a car wheel.
Thanks for the helpful tips! Any chance for a picture guild ?post #3343 of 33431/24/15 at 11:21amQuote:
I'll try and do all that when I have time, should have material(thanks to soundsgoodtome) in the next week. Then just need time. If/when I do it I'll take step by step pictures.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Schiit Ragnarok FS shipping included 14 seconds ago
- › Best amp to power up TH900? 52 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 58 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › How to make Playlists on HM602s ? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100 3 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)