Subscribed! Holding out for reviews ...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 3post #31 of 357011/22/10 at 4:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 357011/23/10 at 5:18pmpost #33 of 357011/23/10 at 8:48pmpost #34 of 357011/30/10 at 6:59ampost #35 of 357012/5/10 at 10:36ampost #36 of 357012/5/10 at 10:54ampost #37 of 357012/5/10 at 1:15pmpost #38 of 357012/5/10 at 1:22pm
it's all a bit confusing to me.
i guess this is Fang's version of a portable HE-5LE...
He takes away half the magnets from the HE-5LE, gets rid of the XLR plug, and sells it for cheaper as the HE-4.
so... it's probably twice as hard to drive...
if anyone has further info, please let me know so that i can stop scratching my head....post #39 of 357012/5/10 at 5:56pmpost #40 of 357012/5/10 at 8:44pm
Nankai, how about you?
Have you tried it?
Please share your impression on it. =)post #41 of 357012/5/10 at 8:58pmpost #42 of 357012/5/10 at 10:47pmQuote:
The EF-5 can and it's around $350post #43 of 357012/6/10 at 12:03ampost #44 of 357012/6/10 at 2:50am
As a MOT, I don't think he is allowed to state impressions of his own product.Quote:Originally Posted by ywcs4530
Nankai, how about you?
Have you tried it?
Please share your impression on it. =)Quote:
Edited by sizwej - 12/6/10 at 2:52ampost #45 of 357012/6/10 at 5:41amQuote:
At least on paper, this is not a very good match-up. The Crack is designed for higher-impedance, higher sensitivity headphones.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Which Headphones Should I Buy? 4 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 9 seconds ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 55 seconds ago
- › New IEM's for around $100-150 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Aune S18 32 Bit DSD Hi-Fi Digital Transport - Info and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER HD380 PRO 3 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2