Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 175post #2611 of 35728/7/14 at 3:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2612 of 35728/7/14 at 4:22pmQuote:
Looking forward to the no felt/no grill measurements.
Quote:Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome
Ok lets get a tour line up going for both focus and focus A. Couple of requirements: 250 posts minimum and at least 5 + feedback. You pay for priority shipping (tracked) to the next guy which should be $6.95.
return focus A:
4) Soundsgoodtomepost #2613 of 35728/7/14 at 11:52pmpost #2614 of 35728/8/14 at 8:13pm
I'm interested in this as well. I should send Thujone a pair of T50rp pads to test as well!post #2615 of 35728/8/14 at 8:50pmQuote:
I had some!!! i didnt even think to send him those too! Damnit!post #2616 of 35728/8/14 at 8:52pmpost #2617 of 35728/8/14 at 9:00pm
When i get my he4 back ill throw them on as well, did you do any mods to them? or just stock t50 pads? Mine are pretty much brand new, i just didnt ever want to try them after feeling the alcantaras.post #2618 of 35728/8/14 at 9:03pmpost #2619 of 35728/8/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
You're missing out... seriously. Missing. Out.post #2620 of 35728/8/14 at 9:12pm
I'm sure.., just which I would have had the extra cash when I found a demo'd one for $214.post #2621 of 35728/9/14 at 6:43ampost #2622 of 35728/9/14 at 6:46am
No, gotcha... Misread that. Had a whisky event last night
But that gives me a fun idea.... I used to rock stacked pads on my t50rp. I should try that combo out... The beginning of he end!post #2623 of 35728/9/14 at 9:04pmpost #2624 of 35728/10/14 at 12:59am
matter of choice, I rock Star Felt and Beyer pads, which is what like the birghtest you can have your HE 4?
Either way though, I've got wood Cups and a recable, both of which added a smidge of warmth over the stockpost #2625 of 35728/10/14 at 1:06amPretty much but separation, image, and soundstage suffers with the star felt. That's a huge turn-off for me. The v-shape of the star felt, not so much.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 14 seconds ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 21 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 44 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ AUDIO BLU-100 Bluetooth 4.0 EARPHONES IEMS 2 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 4 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2