Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 175post #2611 of 39128/7/14 at 3:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2612 of 39128/7/14 at 4:22pmQuote:
Looking forward to the no felt/no grill measurements.
Quote:Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome
Ok lets get a tour line up going for both focus and focus A. Couple of requirements: 250 posts minimum and at least 5 + feedback. You pay for priority shipping (tracked) to the next guy which should be $6.95.
return focus A:
4) Soundsgoodtomepost #2613 of 39128/7/14 at 11:52pmpost #2614 of 39128/8/14 at 8:13pm
I'm interested in this as well. I should send Thujone a pair of T50rp pads to test as well!post #2615 of 39128/8/14 at 8:50pmQuote:
I had some!!! i didnt even think to send him those too! Damnit!post #2616 of 39128/8/14 at 8:52pmpost #2617 of 39128/8/14 at 9:00pm
When i get my he4 back ill throw them on as well, did you do any mods to them? or just stock t50 pads? Mine are pretty much brand new, i just didnt ever want to try them after feeling the alcantaras.post #2618 of 39128/8/14 at 9:03pmpost #2619 of 39128/8/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
You're missing out... seriously. Missing. Out.post #2620 of 39128/8/14 at 9:12pm
I'm sure.., just which I would have had the extra cash when I found a demo'd one for $214.post #2621 of 39128/9/14 at 6:43ampost #2622 of 39128/9/14 at 6:46am
No, gotcha... Misread that. Had a whisky event last night
But that gives me a fun idea.... I used to rock stacked pads on my t50rp. I should try that combo out... The beginning of he end!post #2623 of 39128/9/14 at 9:04pmpost #2624 of 39128/10/14 at 12:59am
matter of choice, I rock Star Felt and Beyer pads, which is what like the birghtest you can have your HE 4?
Either way though, I've got wood Cups and a recable, both of which added a smidge of warmth over the stockpost #2625 of 39128/10/14 at 1:06amPretty much but separation, image, and soundstage suffers with the star felt. That's a huge turn-off for me. The v-shape of the star felt, not so much.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics) 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Audio GD New NOS 7 2016 Edition Impression Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...