Velours. Might just be the particular amp or song I am listening to. I get pretty decent slam most of the time and the bass never ever seems insufficient.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 143
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 39175/28/14 at 5:53pmQuote:
me too, I'm useing Beyer Velours my selfpost #2133 of 39175/28/14 at 6:36pmQuote:
What are some examples of tracks that you were thinking of with regard to the slam?post #2134 of 39175/28/14 at 6:39pmpost #2135 of 39175/28/14 at 6:43pmQuote:
Mechanical support, so the driver doesn't collapse in on itself due to the magnets.post #2136 of 39175/28/14 at 6:43pmQuote:
Sarcasm aside, HiFiMan includes what appears to be a small damper of some kind on the ear side of the driver.
It's varied from the HE-4's first release to new revisions, but currently, the damper looks like the spokes of a wagon wheel.
Edit: Ninja'd by Jerg.
Edited by 3l3tric - 5/28/14 at 6:46pmpost #2137 of 39175/28/14 at 6:49pmpost #2138 of 39175/29/14 at 7:33ampost #2139 of 39175/29/14 at 10:06ampost #2140 of 39175/29/14 at 11:11amIncrease soundstage, better imaging, and takes some sssizzle out of the treble for a less recessed mid. Felt removal and dust cover removal I should say.
Original post is probably several pages back now.post #2141 of 39175/29/14 at 11:43ampost #2142 of 39175/29/14 at 11:49amHow did you remove the felt behind the driver?
To me it made quite a dramatic difference. Specifically in leveling the mids to the highs.Quote:
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/29/14 at 12:00pmpost #2143 of 39175/29/14 at 12:17pmQuote:
Hmm maybe I misunderstood. I removed everything on the outside. Is there anything behind the ear pads?post #2144 of 39175/29/14 at 12:21pmpost #2145 of 39175/29/14 at 12:31pmQuote:
How do you remove it SAFELY? The star felt is TIGHTLY glued or something to the driver...
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 10 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 30 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Effect Audio Mars CIEM cable (2.5mm ak balanced) 2 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 3 minutes ago
- › How To tell between a 'real' FLAC and a 'fake' FLAC? 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear