Velours. Might just be the particular amp or song I am listening to. I get pretty decent slam most of the time and the bass never ever seems insufficient.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 143
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 39325/28/14 at 5:53pmQuote:
me too, I'm useing Beyer Velours my selfpost #2133 of 39325/28/14 at 6:36pmQuote:
What are some examples of tracks that you were thinking of with regard to the slam?post #2134 of 39325/28/14 at 6:39pmpost #2135 of 39325/28/14 at 6:43pmQuote:
Mechanical support, so the driver doesn't collapse in on itself due to the magnets.post #2136 of 39325/28/14 at 6:43pmQuote:
Sarcasm aside, HiFiMan includes what appears to be a small damper of some kind on the ear side of the driver.
It's varied from the HE-4's first release to new revisions, but currently, the damper looks like the spokes of a wagon wheel.
Edit: Ninja'd by Jerg.
Edited by 3l3tric - 5/28/14 at 6:46pmpost #2137 of 39325/28/14 at 6:49pmpost #2138 of 39325/29/14 at 7:33ampost #2139 of 39325/29/14 at 10:06ampost #2140 of 39325/29/14 at 11:11amIncrease soundstage, better imaging, and takes some sssizzle out of the treble for a less recessed mid. Felt removal and dust cover removal I should say.
Original post is probably several pages back now.post #2141 of 39325/29/14 at 11:43ampost #2142 of 39325/29/14 at 11:49amHow did you remove the felt behind the driver?
To me it made quite a dramatic difference. Specifically in leveling the mids to the highs.Quote:
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/29/14 at 12:00pmpost #2143 of 39325/29/14 at 12:17pmQuote:
Hmm maybe I misunderstood. I removed everything on the outside. Is there anything behind the ear pads?post #2144 of 39325/29/14 at 12:21pmpost #2145 of 39325/29/14 at 12:31pmQuote:
How do you remove it SAFELY? The star felt is TIGHTLY glued or something to the driver...
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 seconds ago
- › Hidizs AP60 19 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 44 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 44 seconds ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 50 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear