One thing I never understood, when a company puts the wattage rating are they talking about per channel or in total? It seems to be mixed from what people are saying... For example the Aune would have .5wpc?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 131post #1951 of 39525/1/14 at 7:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 39525/1/14 at 7:32pmpost #1953 of 39525/1/14 at 8:22pm
The Aune T1 is known for being pretty colored (syrupy, if you will), though I haven't ever listened to it myself. I would definitely recommend trying some other amps though. I really like the DT880 and the HE-4 but the HE-4 definitely comes out on top for me in the end.post #1954 of 39525/1/14 at 9:04pmQuote:
I can agree with that, but it's certainly easier to get the 250ohm DT880 to perform top notch, which easily can out classes a sub par HE-4 setup. At a mini meet I hosted, the best (synergetic may be more accurate) setup was a DT880 driven by a 10yr old portable amp. There were many great setups, but unanimously, we were all shocked by the combo. I would love to hear my HE-4s at their full potential one day...post #1955 of 39525/2/14 at 3:18ampost #1956 of 39525/2/14 at 3:34amQuote:
You'd probably achieve better results from DT880 by taking advantage of Aunes line out to a dedicated amp. I own 250ohm DT880 and IMO the Aune doesn't drive them to desirable levels 'properly', it works but I achieve better results feeding JDS C421 in high gain from Aune T1's line out.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 5/2/14 at 3:56ampost #1957 of 39525/2/14 at 3:46amQuote:Originally Posted by H20Fidelity
You'd probably achieve better results from DT880 by taking advantage of Aunes line out to a dedicated amp. I own 250ohm DT880 and IMO the Aune doesn't drive them to desirable levels 'properly', it works but I achieve better results feeding JDS C421 in high gain from Aunes T1's line out.
Yeah, maybe you're right. I just don't like the idea of spending more on amping than on the headphones itself.post #1958 of 39525/2/14 at 3:49amQuote:
I was thinking of trying Magni, although I worry it may be a downgrade from JDS C421. (which is giving good results)
I will probably try anyway.
Sorry for slightly drifting off topic guys!post #1959 of 39525/2/14 at 4:39ampost #1960 of 39525/2/14 at 5:19amJust an interesting find: I have been using HE-4 for movies and games for the past couple of months and not long ago I have listened to some music using the same setup and it sounded surprisingly good. Even more surprising is that the HE-4 are powered by Samson Meteor microphone that also has an internal DAC.
Sure its obvious the HE-4 are lacking for example bass impact but the sound is so sweet and dynamic, very enjoyable. I have once taken the Starving Student tube amp, ODAC and iPad as source along with HE-4 to vacation and it wasn't as nearly as enjoyable as this cheap and simple setup.post #1961 of 39525/2/14 at 5:26ampost #1962 of 39525/2/14 at 5:38ampost #1963 of 39525/2/14 at 6:17ampost #1964 of 39525/2/14 at 6:36amQuote:
We can't beat them lol.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 55 seconds ago
- › Audirvana Plus 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › great find:: cleanest usb audio,best sound 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 10 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio Owners Unite 10 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear