One thing I never understood, when a company puts the wattage rating are they talking about per channel or in total? It seems to be mixed from what people are saying... For example the Aune would have .5wpc?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 131post #1951 of 38785/1/14 at 7:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 38785/1/14 at 7:32pmpost #1953 of 38785/1/14 at 8:22pm
The Aune T1 is known for being pretty colored (syrupy, if you will), though I haven't ever listened to it myself. I would definitely recommend trying some other amps though. I really like the DT880 and the HE-4 but the HE-4 definitely comes out on top for me in the end.post #1954 of 38785/1/14 at 9:04pmQuote:
I can agree with that, but it's certainly easier to get the 250ohm DT880 to perform top notch, which easily can out classes a sub par HE-4 setup. At a mini meet I hosted, the best (synergetic may be more accurate) setup was a DT880 driven by a 10yr old portable amp. There were many great setups, but unanimously, we were all shocked by the combo. I would love to hear my HE-4s at their full potential one day...post #1955 of 38785/2/14 at 3:18ampost #1956 of 38785/2/14 at 3:34amQuote:
You'd probably achieve better results from DT880 by taking advantage of Aunes line out to a dedicated amp. I own 250ohm DT880 and IMO the Aune doesn't drive them to desirable levels 'properly', it works but I achieve better results feeding JDS C421 in high gain from Aune T1's line out.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 5/2/14 at 3:56ampost #1957 of 38785/2/14 at 3:46amQuote:Originally Posted by H20Fidelity
You'd probably achieve better results from DT880 by taking advantage of Aunes line out to a dedicated amp. I own 250ohm DT880 and IMO the Aune doesn't drive them to desirable levels 'properly', it works but I achieve better results feeding JDS C421 in high gain from Aunes T1's line out.
Yeah, maybe you're right. I just don't like the idea of spending more on amping than on the headphones itself.post #1958 of 38785/2/14 at 3:49amQuote:
I was thinking of trying Magni, although I worry it may be a downgrade from JDS C421. (which is giving good results)
I will probably try anyway.
Sorry for slightly drifting off topic guys!post #1959 of 38785/2/14 at 4:39ampost #1960 of 38785/2/14 at 5:19amJust an interesting find: I have been using HE-4 for movies and games for the past couple of months and not long ago I have listened to some music using the same setup and it sounded surprisingly good. Even more surprising is that the HE-4 are powered by Samson Meteor microphone that also has an internal DAC.
Sure its obvious the HE-4 are lacking for example bass impact but the sound is so sweet and dynamic, very enjoyable. I have once taken the Starving Student tube amp, ODAC and iPad as source along with HE-4 to vacation and it wasn't as nearly as enjoyable as this cheap and simple setup.post #1961 of 38785/2/14 at 5:26ampost #1962 of 38785/2/14 at 5:38ampost #1963 of 38785/2/14 at 6:17ampost #1964 of 38785/2/14 at 6:36amQuote:
We can't beat them lol.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 4 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 12 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD HUGO TT SILVER In Spain January 2016 PRICE DROP 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Where is the IEM mid-market gone ? 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears/ 64 Audio | ADEL A10/ U10/ A12/ U12 - New Flagship... 8 minutes ago
- › FS - Sennheiser HD800S with extra cable 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...