One thing I never understood, when a company puts the wattage rating are they talking about per channel or in total? It seems to be mixed from what people are saying... For example the Aune would have .5wpc?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 131post #1951 of 33045/1/14 at 7:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 33045/1/14 at 7:32pmpost #1953 of 33045/1/14 at 8:22pm
The Aune T1 is known for being pretty colored (syrupy, if you will), though I haven't ever listened to it myself. I would definitely recommend trying some other amps though. I really like the DT880 and the HE-4 but the HE-4 definitely comes out on top for me in the end.post #1954 of 33045/1/14 at 9:04pmQuote:
I can agree with that, but it's certainly easier to get the 250ohm DT880 to perform top notch, which easily can out classes a sub par HE-4 setup. At a mini meet I hosted, the best (synergetic may be more accurate) setup was a DT880 driven by a 10yr old portable amp. There were many great setups, but unanimously, we were all shocked by the combo. I would love to hear my HE-4s at their full potential one day...post #1955 of 33045/2/14 at 3:18ampost #1956 of 33045/2/14 at 3:34amQuote:
You'd probably achieve better results from DT880 by taking advantage of Aunes line out to a dedicated amp. I own 250ohm DT880 and IMO the Aune doesn't drive them to desirable levels 'properly', it works but I achieve better results feeding JDS C421 in high gain from Aune T1's line out.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 5/2/14 at 3:56ampost #1957 of 33045/2/14 at 3:46amQuote:Originally Posted by H20Fidelity
You'd probably achieve better results from DT880 by taking advantage of Aunes line out to a dedicated amp. I own 250ohm DT880 and IMO the Aune doesn't drive them to desirable levels 'properly', it works but I achieve better results feeding JDS C421 in high gain from Aunes T1's line out.
Yeah, maybe you're right. I just don't like the idea of spending more on amping than on the headphones itself.post #1958 of 33045/2/14 at 3:49amQuote:
I was thinking of trying Magni, although I worry it may be a downgrade from JDS C421. (which is giving good results)
I will probably try anyway.
Sorry for slightly drifting off topic guys!post #1959 of 33045/2/14 at 4:39ampost #1960 of 33045/2/14 at 5:19amJust an interesting find: I have been using HE-4 for movies and games for the past couple of months and not long ago I have listened to some music using the same setup and it sounded surprisingly good. Even more surprising is that the HE-4 are powered by Samson Meteor microphone that also has an internal DAC.
Sure its obvious the HE-4 are lacking for example bass impact but the sound is so sweet and dynamic, very enjoyable. I have once taken the Starving Student tube amp, ODAC and iPad as source along with HE-4 to vacation and it wasn't as nearly as enjoyable as this cheap and simple setup.post #1961 of 33045/2/14 at 5:26ampost #1962 of 33045/2/14 at 5:38ampost #1963 of 33045/2/14 at 6:17ampost #1964 of 33045/2/14 at 6:36amQuote:
We can't beat them lol.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 8 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 9 seconds ago
- › Very weird Schiit Asgard malfunction 15 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 4 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)