- 869 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Scotland... I wish
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 130post #1936 of 33024/29/14 at 9:05pmWell, I can see why you guys were raving about paring the HE-4 with an old vintage integrated amp. Just got my hands on a NAD 3150 and I am certainly surprised by the sound (not to mention all the features).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 33024/30/14 at 5:00ampost #1938 of 33024/30/14 at 7:24am
My thoughts exactly... hoping the new he-560 pads will do the trick for comfort and not change the sound. Just more waiting...post #1939 of 33024/30/14 at 2:20pm
The sound with them can still be a nice alternative to the HE4 sound. Honestly it's like a different headphone with the same planar magnetic delivery. Not bad having two different sounds from one phone (vs owning another one). However one of the the things that really makes the HE4 shine to me is it's accurate reproduction of stringed instruments with it's treble micro details and unfortunately that's lost.post #1940 of 33024/30/14 at 2:36pmQuote:
Oh guyz. I already told you, the DT 880 Velours sound the same on the HE 4 as the stock ones do, best of all the DT 880 VElours are much more comfypost #1941 of 33024/30/14 at 2:40pmpost #1942 of 33025/1/14 at 3:55ampost #1943 of 33025/1/14 at 4:27ampost #1944 of 33025/1/14 at 5:57amQuote:
I'm fairly certain jerg confirmed that they use the same mounting mechanism (4 tabs), just that the plastic rings where adhered to the new pads on his demo pair.post #1945 of 33025/1/14 at 7:58amQuote:
I remember, but they're just so damned ugly... Maybe the black velour beyer pads would work?Quote:
The HE-560s use a modified tab system, but the ring inside the pad is removable. If we're lucky, Hifiman will be generous and include both sets of rings in these improved Jerg-inspired pads.Quote:
He did, just too many off topic comments in the HE-560 threads to find it anymore!post #1946 of 33025/1/14 at 8:12amQuote:
Just make sure you get the EDT990 pads and not the EDT770 pads.post #1947 of 33025/1/14 at 4:45pmGot my HE-4 yesterday and I've been listening to it for the whole day, comparing it to the DT880 @600 Ohms (with custom cable, never heard the original and I have no idea if it makes any difference), both running through the Aune T1 (stock tube).
And I gotta say they're both much more alike than what I thought.
Maybe my ears aren't sensitive enough or the Aune T1 doesn't do justice to the HE-4. The only differences I can tell are that the HE-4 is a little more balanced, airyer and maybe bigger soundstage because of that, and micro detail.post #1948 of 33025/1/14 at 6:23pmThey do have similarities, listened for the first time to the DT880 600ohm at a meet last weekend (used to own the Pro) and the HE4 to me is better. If you bought new I would give it at least 100hrs before comparing.
Also if you're willing to mod, a grill mod and felt mod would do wonders for it.
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/1/14 at 10:34pmpost #1949 of 33025/1/14 at 7:13pmNot sure how powerful the T1 is, but the HE4 scales up CONSIDERABLY with better amping. It can also change in character depending on what you amp it with. It was fun off the Lyr, and very refined off the SA-31.post #1950 of 33025/1/14 at 7:18pm
The T1 puts out somewhere in the ballpark of a Watt if I remember correctly. You want more power to go with for the HE4. While it might sound quite good off the T1, an amp with more power like an Audio GD, Emo will sound considerably more refined.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 22 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 57 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for full size headphones 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Misc. Tubes 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)