- 632 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Scotland... I wish
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 130post #1936 of 27224/29/14 at 9:05pmWell, I can see why you guys were raving about paring the HE-4 with an old vintage integrated amp. Just got my hands on a NAD 3150 and I am certainly surprised by the sound (not to mention all the features).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 27224/30/14 at 5:00ampost #1938 of 27224/30/14 at 7:24am
My thoughts exactly... hoping the new he-560 pads will do the trick for comfort and not change the sound. Just more waiting...post #1939 of 27224/30/14 at 2:20pm
The sound with them can still be a nice alternative to the HE4 sound. Honestly it's like a different headphone with the same planar magnetic delivery. Not bad having two different sounds from one phone (vs owning another one). However one of the the things that really makes the HE4 shine to me is it's accurate reproduction of stringed instruments with it's treble micro details and unfortunately that's lost.post #1940 of 27224/30/14 at 2:36pmQuote:
Oh guyz. I already told you, the DT 880 Velours sound the same on the HE 4 as the stock ones do, best of all the DT 880 VElours are much more comfypost #1941 of 27224/30/14 at 2:40pmpost #1942 of 27225/1/14 at 3:55ampost #1943 of 27225/1/14 at 4:27ampost #1944 of 27225/1/14 at 5:57amQuote:
I'm fairly certain jerg confirmed that they use the same mounting mechanism (4 tabs), just that the plastic rings where adhered to the new pads on his demo pair.post #1945 of 27225/1/14 at 7:58amQuote:
I remember, but they're just so damned ugly... Maybe the black velour beyer pads would work?Quote:
The HE-560s use a modified tab system, but the ring inside the pad is removable. If we're lucky, Hifiman will be generous and include both sets of rings in these improved Jerg-inspired pads.Quote:
He did, just too many off topic comments in the HE-560 threads to find it anymore!post #1946 of 27225/1/14 at 8:12amQuote:
Just make sure you get the EDT990 pads and not the EDT770 pads.post #1947 of 27225/1/14 at 4:45pmGot my HE-4 yesterday and I've been listening to it for the whole day, comparing it to the DT880 @600 Ohms (with custom cable, never heard the original and I have no idea if it makes any difference), both running through the Aune T1 (stock tube).
And I gotta say they're both much more alike than what I thought.
Maybe my ears aren't sensitive enough or the Aune T1 doesn't do justice to the HE-4. The only differences I can tell are that the HE-4 is a little more balanced, airyer and maybe bigger soundstage because of that, and micro detail.post #1948 of 27225/1/14 at 6:23pmThey do have similarities, listened for the first time to the DT880 600ohm at a meet last weekend (used to own the Pro) and the HE4 to me is better. If you bought new I would give it at least 100hrs before comparing.
Also if you're willing to mod, a grill mod and felt mod would do wonders for it.
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/1/14 at 10:34pmpost #1949 of 27225/1/14 at 7:13pmNot sure how powerful the T1 is, but the HE4 scales up CONSIDERABLY with better amping. It can also change in character depending on what you amp it with. It was fun off the Lyr, and very refined off the SA-31.post #1950 of 27225/1/14 at 7:18pm
The T1 puts out somewhere in the ballpark of a Watt if I remember correctly. You want more power to go with for the HE4. While it might sound quite good off the T1, an amp with more power like an Audio GD, Emo will sound considerably more refined.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › sehhheiser hd800 what amp to pair up to bring out the MOSt out of it? 57 seconds ago
- › Help deciding on which headphones to try 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › My Schiit Modi Has Been Possessed by an RF Ghoul 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Not Happy with my current setup. Details inside. Need help picking... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)