- 560 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Scotland... I wish
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 130post #1936 of 25634/29/14 at 9:05pmWell, I can see why you guys were raving about paring the HE-4 with an old vintage integrated amp. Just got my hands on a NAD 3150 and I am certainly surprised by the sound (not to mention all the features).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 25634/30/14 at 5:00ampost #1938 of 25634/30/14 at 7:24am
My thoughts exactly... hoping the new he-560 pads will do the trick for comfort and not change the sound. Just more waiting...post #1939 of 25634/30/14 at 2:20pm
The sound with them can still be a nice alternative to the HE4 sound. Honestly it's like a different headphone with the same planar magnetic delivery. Not bad having two different sounds from one phone (vs owning another one). However one of the the things that really makes the HE4 shine to me is it's accurate reproduction of stringed instruments with it's treble micro details and unfortunately that's lost.post #1940 of 25634/30/14 at 2:36pmQuote:
Oh guyz. I already told you, the DT 880 Velours sound the same on the HE 4 as the stock ones do, best of all the DT 880 VElours are much more comfypost #1941 of 25634/30/14 at 2:40pmpost #1942 of 25635/1/14 at 3:55ampost #1943 of 25635/1/14 at 4:27ampost #1944 of 25635/1/14 at 5:57amQuote:
I'm fairly certain jerg confirmed that they use the same mounting mechanism (4 tabs), just that the plastic rings where adhered to the new pads on his demo pair.post #1945 of 25635/1/14 at 7:58amQuote:
I remember, but they're just so damned ugly... Maybe the black velour beyer pads would work?Quote:
The HE-560s use a modified tab system, but the ring inside the pad is removable. If we're lucky, Hifiman will be generous and include both sets of rings in these improved Jerg-inspired pads.Quote:
He did, just too many off topic comments in the HE-560 threads to find it anymore!post #1946 of 25635/1/14 at 8:12amQuote:
Just make sure you get the EDT990 pads and not the EDT770 pads.post #1947 of 25635/1/14 at 4:45pmGot my HE-4 yesterday and I've been listening to it for the whole day, comparing it to the DT880 @600 Ohms (with custom cable, never heard the original and I have no idea if it makes any difference), both running through the Aune T1 (stock tube).
And I gotta say they're both much more alike than what I thought.
Maybe my ears aren't sensitive enough or the Aune T1 doesn't do justice to the HE-4. The only differences I can tell are that the HE-4 is a little more balanced, airyer and maybe bigger soundstage because of that, and micro detail.post #1948 of 25635/1/14 at 6:23pmThey do have similarities, listened for the first time to the DT880 600ohm at a meet last weekend (used to own the Pro) and the HE4 to me is better. If you bought new I would give it at least 100hrs before comparing.
Also if you're willing to mod, a grill mod and felt mod would do wonders for it.
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/1/14 at 10:34pmpost #1949 of 25635/1/14 at 7:13pmNot sure how powerful the T1 is, but the HE4 scales up CONSIDERABLY with better amping. It can also change in character depending on what you amp it with. It was fun off the Lyr, and very refined off the SA-31.post #1950 of 25635/1/14 at 7:18pm
The T1 puts out somewhere in the ballpark of a Watt if I remember correctly. You want more power to go with for the HE4. While it might sound quite good off the T1, an amp with more power like an Audio GD, Emo will sound considerably more refined.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sub $100 UE-700 IEM replacement 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › NEED HELP OVER-EAR OPEN HEADPHONERS FOR HEAVY METAL ( GRADO... 5 minutes ago
- › Various Headphones - AKG K340, Sennheiser HD580 and Grado SR-80 6 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50x alternative with more bass but equal quality 6 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)