- 804 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Scotland... I wish
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 130post #1936 of 30934/29/14 at 9:05pmWell, I can see why you guys were raving about paring the HE-4 with an old vintage integrated amp. Just got my hands on a NAD 3150 and I am certainly surprised by the sound (not to mention all the features).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 30934/30/14 at 5:00ampost #1938 of 30934/30/14 at 7:24am
My thoughts exactly... hoping the new he-560 pads will do the trick for comfort and not change the sound. Just more waiting...post #1939 of 30934/30/14 at 2:20pm
The sound with them can still be a nice alternative to the HE4 sound. Honestly it's like a different headphone with the same planar magnetic delivery. Not bad having two different sounds from one phone (vs owning another one). However one of the the things that really makes the HE4 shine to me is it's accurate reproduction of stringed instruments with it's treble micro details and unfortunately that's lost.post #1940 of 30934/30/14 at 2:36pmQuote:
Oh guyz. I already told you, the DT 880 Velours sound the same on the HE 4 as the stock ones do, best of all the DT 880 VElours are much more comfypost #1941 of 30934/30/14 at 2:40pmpost #1942 of 30935/1/14 at 3:55ampost #1943 of 30935/1/14 at 4:27ampost #1944 of 30935/1/14 at 5:57amQuote:
I'm fairly certain jerg confirmed that they use the same mounting mechanism (4 tabs), just that the plastic rings where adhered to the new pads on his demo pair.post #1945 of 30935/1/14 at 7:58amQuote:
I remember, but they're just so damned ugly... Maybe the black velour beyer pads would work?Quote:
The HE-560s use a modified tab system, but the ring inside the pad is removable. If we're lucky, Hifiman will be generous and include both sets of rings in these improved Jerg-inspired pads.Quote:
He did, just too many off topic comments in the HE-560 threads to find it anymore!post #1946 of 30935/1/14 at 8:12amQuote:
Just make sure you get the EDT990 pads and not the EDT770 pads.post #1947 of 30935/1/14 at 4:45pmGot my HE-4 yesterday and I've been listening to it for the whole day, comparing it to the DT880 @600 Ohms (with custom cable, never heard the original and I have no idea if it makes any difference), both running through the Aune T1 (stock tube).
And I gotta say they're both much more alike than what I thought.
Maybe my ears aren't sensitive enough or the Aune T1 doesn't do justice to the HE-4. The only differences I can tell are that the HE-4 is a little more balanced, airyer and maybe bigger soundstage because of that, and micro detail.post #1948 of 30935/1/14 at 6:23pmThey do have similarities, listened for the first time to the DT880 600ohm at a meet last weekend (used to own the Pro) and the HE4 to me is better. If you bought new I would give it at least 100hrs before comparing.
Also if you're willing to mod, a grill mod and felt mod would do wonders for it.
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/1/14 at 10:34pmpost #1949 of 30935/1/14 at 7:13pmNot sure how powerful the T1 is, but the HE4 scales up CONSIDERABLY with better amping. It can also change in character depending on what you amp it with. It was fun off the Lyr, and very refined off the SA-31.post #1950 of 30935/1/14 at 7:18pm
The T1 puts out somewhere in the ballpark of a Watt if I remember correctly. You want more power to go with for the HE4. While it might sound quite good off the T1, an amp with more power like an Audio GD, Emo will sound considerably more refined.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best bang for the buck headphone? 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze Speaker Taps Litz Cableset - Retail Build Cost $450 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Suggest me a headphone under 150 $ 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Sound Fair 2014 Jakarta Indonesia impression and report on... 5 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3