Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour .Thank you for the opportunity Micah and the RHA Team. Selflessly our Tour Organiser , @glassmonkey gave me the chance to unwrap this...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 119post #1771 of 39173/28/14 at 9:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 39173/28/14 at 9:46amQuote:
Cool. Like to hear your impressions.post #1773 of 39173/28/14 at 9:49amI'll be honest, I'm skeptic and really wanting it for my AKGs and ATH. I'm coming from a 4W per channel Audio-GD dual Wolfson balanced amp/dac and is on the 2w per channel minimum boat.
If it plays nice then I'll be happy to report it.post #1774 of 39173/28/14 at 10:29amQuote:
Understandable. I'm interested in your impressions either way.
One thing is for sure though, the efficiency (or lack thereof) of the HE-4 helps quite a bit with the microphonics on the Vali. If I plug my D2000's into it, it will ring for a long time (and very loudly) while the HE-4 remains very quiet in comparison. Sometimes I didn't even notice any ringing with the HE-4. It also helps to plug the headphone in first before powering up the amp though. Plugging/unplugging while powered up will cause it to ring quite a bit.post #1775 of 39173/28/14 at 7:19pmpost #1776 of 39173/28/14 at 7:45pmpost #1777 of 39173/28/14 at 8:10pmpost #1778 of 39173/28/14 at 8:15pmalso, if the 400i ends up sounding better than a properly amped he4, I will be very very very suprised. I don't think the 400i is a competitive model against the 4. Remember. Its meant to be driven from a cell phone, they're giving up something to be able to achieve that goal for sure. The 560 is the he4 he500 competition, which is much pricier.
Edit- not saying to not wait. Wait for sure, but also wait until theres more than just hype reviews. I do think the 560 is an hp I want. But there will always be something special about this he4.
Edited by hemipowered007 - 3/28/14 at 8:17pmpost #1779 of 39173/28/14 at 8:20pmI've got a feeling the 400i will be a dark (er) phone. The impressions so far on the 560 makes it seem like it's closely related to the he4 as far as frequency response goes.post #1780 of 39173/28/14 at 8:23pmHavnt really been on here Mich at all this week, if there's actually reviews now on the 560 ill have to catch up. And hey, let me know how that vali is compared to the audio gd...post #1781 of 39173/28/14 at 9:13pmpost #1782 of 39173/28/14 at 9:22pmpost #1783 of 39173/28/14 at 9:24pmQuote:
Will do, color me skeptic though. There's a 3db difference the HE6 and HE4.post #1784 of 39173/28/14 at 9:37pmpost #1785 of 39173/28/14 at 9:51pm
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Obsession with Loudness in Portable Headphones -- Why?! +... 8 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear