Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Prize: 189 Euro. DAC performance is less good as you can read in many other reviews. Personally I find the DAC good enough. But then again, I do not have another to compare. Connectivity is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Mike Diaz at Ultimate Ears for supplying these as a review sample, with special thanks to David Guitierrez for his excellent customer service. These are going to kick butt...
It's not free to you, but it was to me. I was not even interested in this IEM until it was offered to me for free by Rose on the condition I reviewed it. I'm happy to say this is an honest 5 star...
With thanks to our great supporter of headfi @Andykong, I have had the Cayin i5 on loan for a fortnight or so. I have had the chance to listen to it extensively. My focus has mainly been on the...
Introduction With thanks to @glassmonkey , and Aune, here is my first review for 2017 - the M1S DAP. I shall not be labouring the point. There is a 55 page discussions and impressions...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 119post #1771 of 39423/28/14 at 9:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 39423/28/14 at 9:46amQuote:
Cool. Like to hear your impressions.post #1773 of 39423/28/14 at 9:49amI'll be honest, I'm skeptic and really wanting it for my AKGs and ATH. I'm coming from a 4W per channel Audio-GD dual Wolfson balanced amp/dac and is on the 2w per channel minimum boat.
If it plays nice then I'll be happy to report it.post #1774 of 39423/28/14 at 10:29amQuote:
Understandable. I'm interested in your impressions either way.
One thing is for sure though, the efficiency (or lack thereof) of the HE-4 helps quite a bit with the microphonics on the Vali. If I plug my D2000's into it, it will ring for a long time (and very loudly) while the HE-4 remains very quiet in comparison. Sometimes I didn't even notice any ringing with the HE-4. It also helps to plug the headphone in first before powering up the amp though. Plugging/unplugging while powered up will cause it to ring quite a bit.post #1775 of 39423/28/14 at 7:19pmpost #1776 of 39423/28/14 at 7:45pmpost #1777 of 39423/28/14 at 8:10pmpost #1778 of 39423/28/14 at 8:15pmalso, if the 400i ends up sounding better than a properly amped he4, I will be very very very suprised. I don't think the 400i is a competitive model against the 4. Remember. Its meant to be driven from a cell phone, they're giving up something to be able to achieve that goal for sure. The 560 is the he4 he500 competition, which is much pricier.
Edit- not saying to not wait. Wait for sure, but also wait until theres more than just hype reviews. I do think the 560 is an hp I want. But there will always be something special about this he4.
Edited by hemipowered007 - 3/28/14 at 8:17pmpost #1779 of 39423/28/14 at 8:20pmI've got a feeling the 400i will be a dark (er) phone. The impressions so far on the 560 makes it seem like it's closely related to the he4 as far as frequency response goes.post #1780 of 39423/28/14 at 8:23pmHavnt really been on here Mich at all this week, if there's actually reviews now on the 560 ill have to catch up. And hey, let me know how that vali is compared to the audio gd...post #1781 of 39423/28/14 at 9:13pmpost #1782 of 39423/28/14 at 9:22pmpost #1783 of 39423/28/14 at 9:24pmQuote:
Will do, color me skeptic though. There's a 3db difference the HE6 and HE4.post #1784 of 39423/28/14 at 9:37pmpost #1785 of 39423/28/14 at 9:51pm
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 17 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 21 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 37 seconds ago
- › Need recommendation for new headphones 39 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 52 seconds ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for Durable IEM 1 minute ago
- › Starving Student PCB's 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by chihwahli
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered by glassmonkey
- › Rose Aurora by vapman
- › Cayin i5 by Takeanidea
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Takeanidea
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by MrChiSox
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear