someone had them on the 4 and said "not so good", my memory is filled with nonsense and work junk, i cant remember who had them
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 103post #1531 of 39172/18/14 at 6:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1532 of 39172/18/14 at 7:30pmQuote:
That's the original post with the wood cups. My impressions with Alphas are on the next page or so.post #1533 of 39172/18/14 at 9:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome
I'm glad you're here with you hear it, however no one is going to believe you if you ever drop that kinda crazy talk on the other threads lol. No worries, we believe you man.
They're fantastic headphones indeed. I hope mine lasts for some time and will keep an eye for used pairs in the future.
Don't care about that man, that's why I post it in this thread :) I only post some opinions for people that really understand what's going on in here and people who have some idea what real sound is (and I am not talking here about audiophile nonsenses, I am sick and tired of this crap)
I spent many hours on listening how real instruments sound in musical school, my father is a musician too, I used to play many instruments when I was young, then I was obsessed by finding such headphone rig that would easily handle all musical aspects, harmonics, texture, transients, details, speed and dynamics - usually I was very dissapointed, sound was nice but far from realism
First time when I was shocked was a few years ago when I was listening accidentially to he5le and ef-5 combo - listening to some yo yo ma bach cellos via my xa5400es sony cd player and then it started for good with orthos
Remember that arguing with someone who never heard any instruments alive is like speaking about the colors with blind
Edited by magicman - 2/18/14 at 9:46pmpost #1534 of 39172/18/14 at 10:35pmI would have to agree. The violin, viola , cello, and bass sounds very much life-like on these HPs. I grew up playing violin and piano... piano is a tough one to get like the real thing though, both equally tough for recording and playback equipment.post #1535 of 39172/20/14 at 10:03am
Getting MonkeyNutz cups installed on my HE 4 here soon, dont remember what the wood is [actually the cups arrived today]
getting a longer cable for it as well, my Canare is way to short it get's stuck on my table and chairpost #1536 of 39172/20/14 at 11:21ampost #1537 of 39172/20/14 at 11:26ampost #1538 of 39172/20/14 at 11:58ampost #1539 of 39172/20/14 at 12:04pmpost #1540 of 39172/20/14 at 12:06pm
I've asked for permission to post the measurements. Until then, we gotta do any discussing through PM's.post #1541 of 39172/20/14 at 1:21pmQuote:Quote:
Oh really, they deleted post to THAT web site. I know that he's banned here, and maybe rightly so... but that doesn't deny the valid nature of his measurements... some one want to PM me what ever I apprently missed out onpost #1542 of 39172/20/14 at 1:21pmpost #1543 of 39172/20/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
I dunno, I think somebody's head might explode if they find out that the HE-4 doesn't need a speaker amp.post #1544 of 39172/20/14 at 2:28pmQuote:
You know the guys at Headfonia felt the HE 4 was nice off of the iBasso Pb2, and I also do not use a Speaker Amp
Looking at the freq response of the HE 4 and DT 880... they are very simmilar, both have dips around 5k and realitive peaks at 10k biggest difference is the Linear sub Bass of the HE 4 compared to the DT 880s rolled off Sub Bass
Going to throw up those measurements on my Blog, with a link to Purrins post. Or rather post the comparison of the DT 880 and HE 4 response graphs.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › AKG K7-series SPC Custom made cables 57 seconds ago
- › Looking for a DAC/AMP/Speaker AMP + sub out 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil DAC Immaculate less than 200 hours use for local... 9 minutes ago
- › Under £150 Over-ear Headphones - Audio Technica M50X(Matte Grey) vs... 9 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear