Can't wait for the reviews.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 387211/10/10 at 1:16pmpost #18 of 387211/10/10 at 3:36pm
Now that you mention it, better should wait until next month then I guess.
post #19 of 387211/10/10 at 3:41pmQuote:
Not a tough decision at all. Just save up and buy an HE-6 yourself, then you won't have to eventually sell your HE-4 or HE-5 to buy it..post #20 of 387211/10/10 at 3:52pm
They got rid of half the magnets inside an HE-5LE. I wonder if they are using the same diaphragm pattern as the HE-5LE and simple removed magnets from one side, or created a new pattern with magnets placed further away from each other. Either way, this is going to be harder to drive...post #21 of 387211/15/10 at 2:32ampost #22 of 387211/15/10 at 2:42ampost #23 of 387211/15/10 at 3:33ampost #24 of 387211/15/10 at 3:45ampost #25 of 387211/15/10 at 4:06ampost #26 of 387211/15/10 at 4:10ampost #27 of 387211/18/10 at 7:40ampost #28 of 387211/18/10 at 2:43pmpost #29 of 387211/21/10 at 10:13ampost #30 of 387211/21/10 at 5:54pm
I got to listen to HE-5 LE's yesterday at the White Plains meet. I'm pretty bent out of shape. They were really good. I know I'd need a better and more powerful amp, but I could make do for now. I plugged them into my setup and they did work. I will not buy a set new, they're just too much. If the HE-4 are very close, I would consider it. I'm waiting for reviews! If HE-5 LE's show up used for a similar price, I'd probably bite the bullet and buy them instead.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Enjoy your summer! 23 seconds ago
- › TOTL HP Shootout 2: Abyss, HEK, HEX, HD800S, HD800 Heavy Mod, HD800... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50X alternatives... 4 minutes ago
- › this any good? 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 7 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...