Can't wait for the reviews.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 349211/10/10 at 1:16pmpost #18 of 349211/10/10 at 3:36pm
Now that you mention it, better should wait until next month then I guess.
post #19 of 349211/10/10 at 3:41pmQuote:
Not a tough decision at all. Just save up and buy an HE-6 yourself, then you won't have to eventually sell your HE-4 or HE-5 to buy it..post #20 of 349211/10/10 at 3:52pm
They got rid of half the magnets inside an HE-5LE. I wonder if they are using the same diaphragm pattern as the HE-5LE and simple removed magnets from one side, or created a new pattern with magnets placed further away from each other. Either way, this is going to be harder to drive...post #21 of 349211/15/10 at 2:32ampost #22 of 349211/15/10 at 2:42ampost #23 of 349211/15/10 at 3:33ampost #24 of 349211/15/10 at 3:45ampost #25 of 349211/15/10 at 4:06ampost #26 of 349211/15/10 at 4:10ampost #27 of 349211/18/10 at 7:40ampost #28 of 349211/18/10 at 2:43pmpost #29 of 349211/21/10 at 10:13ampost #30 of 349211/21/10 at 5:54pm
I got to listen to HE-5 LE's yesterday at the White Plains meet. I'm pretty bent out of shape. They were really good. I know I'd need a better and more powerful amp, but I could make do for now. I plugged them into my setup and they did work. I will not buy a set new, they're just too much. If the HE-4 are very close, I would consider it. I'm waiting for reviews! If HE-5 LE's show up used for a similar price, I'd probably bite the bullet and buy them instead.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 16 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 21 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen preview world-tour--first impressions starting page 8! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2