Can't wait for the reviews.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 389711/10/10 at 1:16pmpost #18 of 389711/10/10 at 3:36pm
Now that you mention it, better should wait until next month then I guess.
post #19 of 389711/10/10 at 3:41pmQuote:
Not a tough decision at all. Just save up and buy an HE-6 yourself, then you won't have to eventually sell your HE-4 or HE-5 to buy it..post #20 of 389711/10/10 at 3:52pm
They got rid of half the magnets inside an HE-5LE. I wonder if they are using the same diaphragm pattern as the HE-5LE and simple removed magnets from one side, or created a new pattern with magnets placed further away from each other. Either way, this is going to be harder to drive...post #21 of 389711/15/10 at 2:32ampost #22 of 389711/15/10 at 2:42ampost #23 of 389711/15/10 at 3:33ampost #24 of 389711/15/10 at 3:45ampost #25 of 389711/15/10 at 4:06ampost #26 of 389711/15/10 at 4:10ampost #27 of 389711/18/10 at 7:40ampost #28 of 389711/18/10 at 2:43pmpost #29 of 389711/21/10 at 10:13ampost #30 of 389711/21/10 at 5:54pm
I got to listen to HE-5 LE's yesterday at the White Plains meet. I'm pretty bent out of shape. They were really good. I know I'd need a better and more powerful amp, but I could make do for now. I plugged them into my setup and they did work. I will not buy a set new, they're just too much. If the HE-4 are very close, I would consider it. I'm waiting for reviews! If HE-5 LE's show up used for a similar price, I'd probably bite the bullet and buy them instead.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 49 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...