Can't wait for the reviews.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 339911/10/10 at 1:16pmpost #18 of 339911/10/10 at 3:36pm
Now that you mention it, better should wait until next month then I guess.
post #19 of 339911/10/10 at 3:41pmQuote:
Not a tough decision at all. Just save up and buy an HE-6 yourself, then you won't have to eventually sell your HE-4 or HE-5 to buy it..post #20 of 339911/10/10 at 3:52pm
They got rid of half the magnets inside an HE-5LE. I wonder if they are using the same diaphragm pattern as the HE-5LE and simple removed magnets from one side, or created a new pattern with magnets placed further away from each other. Either way, this is going to be harder to drive...post #21 of 339911/15/10 at 2:32ampost #22 of 339911/15/10 at 2:42ampost #23 of 339911/15/10 at 3:33ampost #24 of 339911/15/10 at 3:45ampost #25 of 339911/15/10 at 4:06ampost #26 of 339911/15/10 at 4:10ampost #27 of 339911/18/10 at 7:40ampost #28 of 339911/18/10 at 2:43pmpost #29 of 339911/21/10 at 10:13ampost #30 of 339911/21/10 at 5:54pm
I got to listen to HE-5 LE's yesterday at the White Plains meet. I'm pretty bent out of shape. They were really good. I know I'd need a better and more powerful amp, but I could make do for now. I plugged them into my setup and they did work. I will not buy a set new, they're just too much. If the HE-4 are very close, I would consider it. I'm waiting for reviews! If HE-5 LE's show up used for a similar price, I'd probably bite the bullet and buy them instead.
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Portable amp for Mad Dog and DT770 250Ohm 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 34 seconds ago
- › [Impression] Apple Nano 7G + Lightning-to-30pin adapter 38 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 7 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 8 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2