It comes with a velcro loop! Wicked...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 80post #1186 of 38781/17/14 at 9:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 38781/17/14 at 10:09pm
well, i havent been following the 400i 560 thread the last few days, is there news that the pads will fit our beloved he4? They better, and they better sound good! Whats funny, is they copied everything from jerg,"jorg"(fang wrote jorg), but, he isnt really getting credit for all of his r&d. At least that im aware of. Thats how it goes though right? Just like emotiva will probably come out with a mini-x ii with an hp jack on front with in line resistors and sell it for $300. Sorry for The off topic, Ive been drinkin again.....post #1188 of 38781/17/14 at 10:15pmAt least they're listening to the consumer in a sense. Not sure if they will or not but it's very similar to these denon pads, except hf will have both velour and pleather. If for some reason it doesn't fit the old hps which I doubt that it won't, you can fork the $40 for the denons.post #1189 of 38781/18/14 at 9:40ampost #1190 of 38781/18/14 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
well, i havent been following the 400i 560 thread the last few days, is there news that the pads will fit our beloved he4? They better, and they better sound good! Whats funny, is they copied everything from jerg,"jorg"(fang wrote jorg), but, he isnt really getting credit for all of his r&d. At least that im aware of. Thats how it goes though right? Just like emotiva will probably come out with a mini-x ii with an hp jack on front with in line resistors and sell it for $300. Sorry for The off topic, Ive been drinkin again.....
The consensus is that the new pads from hifiman will work with older hifiman hp's.post #1191 of 38781/18/14 at 4:37pmpost #1192 of 38781/20/14 at 7:08am
I have been doing some listening to older rock on my HE-4s, and holy crap these things are unforgiving. I really think you could use these things for mixing, my studio monitors are more forgiving than them.post #1193 of 38781/20/14 at 7:13amQuote:
+1. Actually just about every planar magnetic HP that I have shows up lousy recordings in some stark detail.post #1194 of 38781/20/14 at 7:49ampost #1195 of 38781/20/14 at 8:44ampost #1196 of 38781/20/14 at 9:32amQuote:
how exactly are you "listening to older rock"? what from and through what?post #1197 of 38781/21/14 at 5:08am
I'm looking at using these headphones with my Project Sunrise III.
I know someone preciously stated that these headphones didn't sound too great with the PSII, but has anyone tried them with the PSIII?
For reference, on the lowest output resistance setting, the amp can output 1W of power into 32 ohm headphones.
Thanks for your help.post #1198 of 38781/21/14 at 5:29am
"Both Sunrise and Horizon a undergone a slight revision as they are now into version III. The revisions were small but just enough to call them a version III. So no worries Sunrise II and Horizon II owners, you are not missing out." - Jeremy at Garage1217
I'd say that you shouldn't expect a big change, but I also think that you should just try it for yourself. 125.8mW will get the HE-4 to 105dB, so I don't think you need to worry too much about meeting power requirements.post #1199 of 38781/21/14 at 6:41am
Hmmm. I wonder has anyone tried the HE-4 with the WA7? It seems like it could be a pretty good pairing (Especially if you plan on upgrading eventually like me), considering the Woo is supposed to be able to output around a watt of power, and its somewhat higher output impedance really shouldn't effect them since they are orthos and damping doesn't matter.post #1200 of 38781/21/14 at 10:13amQuote:
Hey, hemi -- did you do your HE-4 grill removal/replacement and felt removal changes separately to notice the different effects with the Mini-X?
I've been in a love/hate relationship with the pairing for a little while - love the punch & high energy potential effects, but am occasionally scowling at how the upper-mids & treble come off as recessed or hollow/convex. I did the grill removal for the first time last night and was pleased with the inroads it made in combating the issue. How would you describe the felt removal effect, though? Does it compound the grill removal effect, or does it change the sound in a different way? The mod details on that step seem to be all about airiness, but I'm not sure that airiness is the direction I'm going for here.
And with the felt removal, I also don't get how one would easily add it back in - in addition to having to 'peel' it off (some type of adhesive?), it also seems to tuck in out of sight at the outer edge, so I don't see how one would get it back underneath there...
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Open Ear Headphones Under $400 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 7 minutes ago
- › Chapter 5 - Getting It Wrong 10 minutes ago
- › Vintage/Current R2R DAC Owners Discussion, Insight, and Review Thread 10 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...