It comes with a velcro loop! Wicked...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 80post #1186 of 35311/17/14 at 9:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 35311/17/14 at 10:09pm
well, i havent been following the 400i 560 thread the last few days, is there news that the pads will fit our beloved he4? They better, and they better sound good! Whats funny, is they copied everything from jerg,"jorg"(fang wrote jorg), but, he isnt really getting credit for all of his r&d. At least that im aware of. Thats how it goes though right? Just like emotiva will probably come out with a mini-x ii with an hp jack on front with in line resistors and sell it for $300. Sorry for The off topic, Ive been drinkin again.....post #1188 of 35311/17/14 at 10:15pmAt least they're listening to the consumer in a sense. Not sure if they will or not but it's very similar to these denon pads, except hf will have both velour and pleather. If for some reason it doesn't fit the old hps which I doubt that it won't, you can fork the $40 for the denons.post #1189 of 35311/18/14 at 9:40ampost #1190 of 35311/18/14 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
well, i havent been following the 400i 560 thread the last few days, is there news that the pads will fit our beloved he4? They better, and they better sound good! Whats funny, is they copied everything from jerg,"jorg"(fang wrote jorg), but, he isnt really getting credit for all of his r&d. At least that im aware of. Thats how it goes though right? Just like emotiva will probably come out with a mini-x ii with an hp jack on front with in line resistors and sell it for $300. Sorry for The off topic, Ive been drinkin again.....
The consensus is that the new pads from hifiman will work with older hifiman hp's.post #1191 of 35311/18/14 at 4:37pmpost #1192 of 35311/20/14 at 7:08am
I have been doing some listening to older rock on my HE-4s, and holy crap these things are unforgiving. I really think you could use these things for mixing, my studio monitors are more forgiving than them.post #1193 of 35311/20/14 at 7:13amQuote:
+1. Actually just about every planar magnetic HP that I have shows up lousy recordings in some stark detail.post #1194 of 35311/20/14 at 7:49ampost #1195 of 35311/20/14 at 8:44ampost #1196 of 35311/20/14 at 9:32amQuote:
how exactly are you "listening to older rock"? what from and through what?post #1197 of 35311/21/14 at 5:08am
I'm looking at using these headphones with my Project Sunrise III.
I know someone preciously stated that these headphones didn't sound too great with the PSII, but has anyone tried them with the PSIII?
For reference, on the lowest output resistance setting, the amp can output 1W of power into 32 ohm headphones.
Thanks for your help.post #1198 of 35311/21/14 at 5:29am
"Both Sunrise and Horizon a undergone a slight revision as they are now into version III. The revisions were small but just enough to call them a version III. So no worries Sunrise II and Horizon II owners, you are not missing out." - Jeremy at Garage1217
I'd say that you shouldn't expect a big change, but I also think that you should just try it for yourself. 125.8mW will get the HE-4 to 105dB, so I don't think you need to worry too much about meeting power requirements.post #1199 of 35311/21/14 at 6:41am
Hmmm. I wonder has anyone tried the HE-4 with the WA7? It seems like it could be a pretty good pairing (Especially if you plan on upgrading eventually like me), considering the Woo is supposed to be able to output around a watt of power, and its somewhat higher output impedance really shouldn't effect them since they are orthos and damping doesn't matter.post #1200 of 35311/21/14 at 10:13amQuote:
Hey, hemi -- did you do your HE-4 grill removal/replacement and felt removal changes separately to notice the different effects with the Mini-X?
I've been in a love/hate relationship with the pairing for a little while - love the punch & high energy potential effects, but am occasionally scowling at how the upper-mids & treble come off as recessed or hollow/convex. I did the grill removal for the first time last night and was pleased with the inroads it made in combating the issue. How would you describe the felt removal effect, though? Does it compound the grill removal effect, or does it change the sound in a different way? The mod details on that step seem to be all about airiness, but I'm not sure that airiness is the direction I'm going for here.
And with the felt removal, I also don't get how one would easily add it back in - in addition to having to 'peel' it off (some type of adhesive?), it also seems to tuck in out of sight at the outer edge, so I don't see how one would get it back underneath there...
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 46 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 5 minutes ago
- › Need headphones/earphones/earbuds under 90$ 5 minutes ago
- › What artist(s) do you have all their albums? 6 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster MKII appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2