It comes with a velcro loop! Wicked...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
At fist, a warning: it seems that the Bose Soundlink On-Ear have compatibility problems with iOS devices, which cause intermittent connectivity and skipping music. It is not clear to me if this...
When I have found these Harman Kardon for a ridiculously cheap price, I had already decided that I would have kept the Fidelio M2BT, the best of all those I have tested (obviously). But given the...
I started my quest for the best sounding and portable Bluetooth Headphones some months ago. I compared two. I was not satisfied. So I bought more. The Fidelio were among the first 5 I've...
Owned this amp for just over a year and it is wonderful for the price. FiiO is one of the few companies that openly lists all of their specs to the public. I reason I bought this was primarily to...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 80post #1186 of 33521/17/14 at 9:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 33521/17/14 at 10:09pm
well, i havent been following the 400i 560 thread the last few days, is there news that the pads will fit our beloved he4? They better, and they better sound good! Whats funny, is they copied everything from jerg,"jorg"(fang wrote jorg), but, he isnt really getting credit for all of his r&d. At least that im aware of. Thats how it goes though right? Just like emotiva will probably come out with a mini-x ii with an hp jack on front with in line resistors and sell it for $300. Sorry for The off topic, Ive been drinkin again.....post #1188 of 33521/17/14 at 10:15pmAt least they're listening to the consumer in a sense. Not sure if they will or not but it's very similar to these denon pads, except hf will have both velour and pleather. If for some reason it doesn't fit the old hps which I doubt that it won't, you can fork the $40 for the denons.post #1189 of 33521/18/14 at 9:40ampost #1190 of 33521/18/14 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
well, i havent been following the 400i 560 thread the last few days, is there news that the pads will fit our beloved he4? They better, and they better sound good! Whats funny, is they copied everything from jerg,"jorg"(fang wrote jorg), but, he isnt really getting credit for all of his r&d. At least that im aware of. Thats how it goes though right? Just like emotiva will probably come out with a mini-x ii with an hp jack on front with in line resistors and sell it for $300. Sorry for The off topic, Ive been drinkin again.....
The consensus is that the new pads from hifiman will work with older hifiman hp's.post #1191 of 33521/18/14 at 4:37pmpost #1192 of 33521/20/14 at 7:08am
I have been doing some listening to older rock on my HE-4s, and holy crap these things are unforgiving. I really think you could use these things for mixing, my studio monitors are more forgiving than them.post #1193 of 33521/20/14 at 7:13amQuote:
+1. Actually just about every planar magnetic HP that I have shows up lousy recordings in some stark detail.post #1194 of 33521/20/14 at 7:49ampost #1195 of 33521/20/14 at 8:44ampost #1196 of 33521/20/14 at 9:32amQuote:
how exactly are you "listening to older rock"? what from and through what?post #1197 of 33521/21/14 at 5:08am
I'm looking at using these headphones with my Project Sunrise III.
I know someone preciously stated that these headphones didn't sound too great with the PSII, but has anyone tried them with the PSIII?
For reference, on the lowest output resistance setting, the amp can output 1W of power into 32 ohm headphones.
Thanks for your help.post #1198 of 33521/21/14 at 5:29am
"Both Sunrise and Horizon a undergone a slight revision as they are now into version III. The revisions were small but just enough to call them a version III. So no worries Sunrise II and Horizon II owners, you are not missing out." - Jeremy at Garage1217
I'd say that you shouldn't expect a big change, but I also think that you should just try it for yourself. 125.8mW will get the HE-4 to 105dB, so I don't think you need to worry too much about meeting power requirements.post #1199 of 33521/21/14 at 6:41am
Hmmm. I wonder has anyone tried the HE-4 with the WA7? It seems like it could be a pretty good pairing (Especially if you plan on upgrading eventually like me), considering the Woo is supposed to be able to output around a watt of power, and its somewhat higher output impedance really shouldn't effect them since they are orthos and damping doesn't matter.post #1200 of 33521/21/14 at 10:13amQuote:
Hey, hemi -- did you do your HE-4 grill removal/replacement and felt removal changes separately to notice the different effects with the Mini-X?
I've been in a love/hate relationship with the pairing for a little while - love the punch & high energy potential effects, but am occasionally scowling at how the upper-mids & treble come off as recessed or hollow/convex. I did the grill removal for the first time last night and was pleased with the inroads it made in combating the issue. How would you describe the felt removal effect, though? Does it compound the grill removal effect, or does it change the sound in a different way? The mod details on that step seem to be all about airiness, but I'm not sure that airiness is the direction I'm going for here.
And with the felt removal, I also don't get how one would easily add it back in - in addition to having to 'peel' it off (some type of adhesive?), it also seems to tuck in out of sight at the outer edge, so I don't see how one would get it back underneath there...
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 minutes ago
- › Pathos Classic One. Hybrid Integrated Amplifier. 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3