Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 72post #1066 of 387812/27/13 at 8:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 387812/28/13 at 5:54ampost #1068 of 387812/28/13 at 9:15am
HE-4 needs a minimum of 800mw @36Ohms in order to reproduce well the most dynamic music ( Classical for example).
For anyone interested, Head-direct does'nt have stock anymore but produces brand new HE-4 on demand. we just have to wait 8-10 days more after the order.
This HE-4 is one of the most Obvious Bang for the Buck Headphone I've ever me with Senns HD580/600. Definitelu Hi end sound for mid priced headphones.post #1069 of 387812/28/13 at 1:57pmQuote:
I'm not so sure... ODAC\O2 combo (600 mW) sounds not better than iPad mini with HE-4.post #1070 of 387812/30/13 at 11:23am
since i heard the emotiva sales are ending dec 31st and they wont knock them down again( we'll see), i ordered a mini x today. Cant wait to see how it does side by side to my sx-727, hoping for some cleaner bass texture, not really hoping for much more than i have already.post #1071 of 387812/30/13 at 11:46ampost #1072 of 387812/30/13 at 11:47ampost #1073 of 387812/30/13 at 11:52am
Grab a vintage pioneer off craigslist and hope it works, or go buy a mini x for 169! Can't vouch for the mini, yet. But can definitely vouch for the pioneers, mine has had work done, but not a complete overhaul, yet! Look for sx650s and up, I love my 727 but its a few years older, which can typically make more work. But you can find them in working order(most vintage pre-1980 pioneers) for under 75 bucks. Best of luck to you.post #1074 of 387812/30/13 at 12:55pmpost #1075 of 387812/30/13 at 1:06pmpost #1076 of 387812/30/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
On paper, I would say that the Vali would not have enough juice for the he-4. But I have seen stranger things. If it work, it works.post #1077 of 387812/30/13 at 1:55pmpost #1078 of 387812/30/13 at 1:56pmpost #1079 of 387812/30/13 at 1:57pm
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best Closed Back/Semi Open Headphones under $300 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 8 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP AND Pre-amp for TH-X00 8 minutes ago
- › TFZ Series 1 8 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...