Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 72post #1066 of 356212/27/13 at 8:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 356212/28/13 at 5:54ampost #1068 of 356212/28/13 at 9:15am
HE-4 needs a minimum of 800mw @36Ohms in order to reproduce well the most dynamic music ( Classical for example).
For anyone interested, Head-direct does'nt have stock anymore but produces brand new HE-4 on demand. we just have to wait 8-10 days more after the order.
This HE-4 is one of the most Obvious Bang for the Buck Headphone I've ever me with Senns HD580/600. Definitelu Hi end sound for mid priced headphones.post #1069 of 356212/28/13 at 1:57pmQuote:
I'm not so sure... ODAC\O2 combo (600 mW) sounds not better than iPad mini with HE-4.post #1070 of 356212/30/13 at 11:23am
since i heard the emotiva sales are ending dec 31st and they wont knock them down again( we'll see), i ordered a mini x today. Cant wait to see how it does side by side to my sx-727, hoping for some cleaner bass texture, not really hoping for much more than i have already.post #1071 of 356212/30/13 at 11:46ampost #1072 of 356212/30/13 at 11:47ampost #1073 of 356212/30/13 at 11:52am
Grab a vintage pioneer off craigslist and hope it works, or go buy a mini x for 169! Can't vouch for the mini, yet. But can definitely vouch for the pioneers, mine has had work done, but not a complete overhaul, yet! Look for sx650s and up, I love my 727 but its a few years older, which can typically make more work. But you can find them in working order(most vintage pre-1980 pioneers) for under 75 bucks. Best of luck to you.post #1074 of 356212/30/13 at 12:55pmpost #1075 of 356212/30/13 at 1:06pmpost #1076 of 356212/30/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
On paper, I would say that the Vali would not have enough juice for the he-4. But I have seen stranger things. If it work, it works.post #1077 of 356212/30/13 at 1:55pmpost #1078 of 356212/30/13 at 1:56pmpost #1079 of 356212/30/13 at 1:57pm
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 41 seconds ago
- › The Opamp thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Superlux HD-330 experiences and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 9 minutes ago
- › $399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip 10 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 11 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3