Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 72post #1066 of 355912/27/13 at 8:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 355912/28/13 at 5:54ampost #1068 of 355912/28/13 at 9:15am
HE-4 needs a minimum of 800mw @36Ohms in order to reproduce well the most dynamic music ( Classical for example).
For anyone interested, Head-direct does'nt have stock anymore but produces brand new HE-4 on demand. we just have to wait 8-10 days more after the order.
This HE-4 is one of the most Obvious Bang for the Buck Headphone I've ever me with Senns HD580/600. Definitelu Hi end sound for mid priced headphones.post #1069 of 355912/28/13 at 1:57pmQuote:
I'm not so sure... ODAC\O2 combo (600 mW) sounds not better than iPad mini with HE-4.post #1070 of 355912/30/13 at 11:23am
since i heard the emotiva sales are ending dec 31st and they wont knock them down again( we'll see), i ordered a mini x today. Cant wait to see how it does side by side to my sx-727, hoping for some cleaner bass texture, not really hoping for much more than i have already.post #1071 of 355912/30/13 at 11:46ampost #1072 of 355912/30/13 at 11:47ampost #1073 of 355912/30/13 at 11:52am
Grab a vintage pioneer off craigslist and hope it works, or go buy a mini x for 169! Can't vouch for the mini, yet. But can definitely vouch for the pioneers, mine has had work done, but not a complete overhaul, yet! Look for sx650s and up, I love my 727 but its a few years older, which can typically make more work. But you can find them in working order(most vintage pre-1980 pioneers) for under 75 bucks. Best of luck to you.post #1074 of 355912/30/13 at 12:55pmpost #1075 of 355912/30/13 at 1:06pmpost #1076 of 355912/30/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
On paper, I would say that the Vali would not have enough juice for the he-4. But I have seen stranger things. If it work, it works.post #1077 of 355912/30/13 at 1:55pmpost #1078 of 355912/30/13 at 1:56pmpost #1079 of 355912/30/13 at 1:57pm
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 54 seconds ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 58 seconds ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for over ear headphones <=$200 1 minute ago
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Impressions page 1 minute ago
- › MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Amping for AKG Q701 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)