Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 72post #1066 of 390012/27/13 at 8:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 390012/28/13 at 5:54ampost #1068 of 390012/28/13 at 9:15am
HE-4 needs a minimum of 800mw @36Ohms in order to reproduce well the most dynamic music ( Classical for example).
For anyone interested, Head-direct does'nt have stock anymore but produces brand new HE-4 on demand. we just have to wait 8-10 days more after the order.
This HE-4 is one of the most Obvious Bang for the Buck Headphone I've ever me with Senns HD580/600. Definitelu Hi end sound for mid priced headphones.post #1069 of 390012/28/13 at 1:57pmQuote:
I'm not so sure... ODAC\O2 combo (600 mW) sounds not better than iPad mini with HE-4.post #1070 of 390012/30/13 at 11:23am
since i heard the emotiva sales are ending dec 31st and they wont knock them down again( we'll see), i ordered a mini x today. Cant wait to see how it does side by side to my sx-727, hoping for some cleaner bass texture, not really hoping for much more than i have already.post #1071 of 390012/30/13 at 11:46ampost #1072 of 390012/30/13 at 11:47ampost #1073 of 390012/30/13 at 11:52am
Grab a vintage pioneer off craigslist and hope it works, or go buy a mini x for 169! Can't vouch for the mini, yet. But can definitely vouch for the pioneers, mine has had work done, but not a complete overhaul, yet! Look for sx650s and up, I love my 727 but its a few years older, which can typically make more work. But you can find them in working order(most vintage pre-1980 pioneers) for under 75 bucks. Best of luck to you.post #1074 of 390012/30/13 at 12:55pmpost #1075 of 390012/30/13 at 1:06pmpost #1076 of 390012/30/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
On paper, I would say that the Vali would not have enough juice for the he-4. But I have seen stranger things. If it work, it works.post #1077 of 390012/30/13 at 1:55pmpost #1078 of 390012/30/13 at 1:56pmpost #1079 of 390012/30/13 at 1:57pm
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shanling M2 DAP 27 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 41 seconds ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 57 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › [AKG K545 vs K550MKII] I don't know what to do :( 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...