Recent Images In This Thread
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 11/10/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-5tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 7/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-4/5/6 vs Fischer FA-003? Last post on 3/11/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread - Page 72post #1066 of 393012/27/13 at 8:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 393012/28/13 at 5:54ampost #1068 of 393012/28/13 at 9:15am
HE-4 needs a minimum of 800mw @36Ohms in order to reproduce well the most dynamic music ( Classical for example).
For anyone interested, Head-direct does'nt have stock anymore but produces brand new HE-4 on demand. we just have to wait 8-10 days more after the order.
This HE-4 is one of the most Obvious Bang for the Buck Headphone I've ever me with Senns HD580/600. Definitelu Hi end sound for mid priced headphones.post #1069 of 393012/28/13 at 1:57pmQuote:
I'm not so sure... ODAC\O2 combo (600 mW) sounds not better than iPad mini with HE-4.post #1070 of 393012/30/13 at 11:23am
since i heard the emotiva sales are ending dec 31st and they wont knock them down again( we'll see), i ordered a mini x today. Cant wait to see how it does side by side to my sx-727, hoping for some cleaner bass texture, not really hoping for much more than i have already.post #1071 of 393012/30/13 at 11:46ampost #1072 of 393012/30/13 at 11:47ampost #1073 of 393012/30/13 at 11:52am
Grab a vintage pioneer off craigslist and hope it works, or go buy a mini x for 169! Can't vouch for the mini, yet. But can definitely vouch for the pioneers, mine has had work done, but not a complete overhaul, yet! Look for sx650s and up, I love my 727 but its a few years older, which can typically make more work. But you can find them in working order(most vintage pre-1980 pioneers) for under 75 bucks. Best of luck to you.post #1074 of 393012/30/13 at 12:55pmpost #1075 of 393012/30/13 at 1:06pmpost #1076 of 393012/30/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
On paper, I would say that the Vali would not have enough juice for the he-4. But I have seen stranger things. If it work, it works.post #1077 of 393012/30/13 at 1:55pmpost #1078 of 393012/30/13 at 1:56pmpost #1079 of 393012/30/13 at 1:57pm
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 45 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 minute ago
- › What portable DAC/AMP do you recommend me to use with the ATH M50X ? 1 minute ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Noise Cancelling headphones not too expensive with good sound 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear