Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 54

post #796 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post
 

 

+1. and sometime a matched quartet of power tubes is expensive

 

I will confirm when they get my bendix 6080WB ....

post #797 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by [OverDrive] View Post
 

 

I will confirm when they get my bendix 6080WB ....

 

write your impressions about this tubes

:veryevil:

post #798 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post
 

 

write your impressions about this tubes

:veryevil:

 

I can't promise... :rolleyes:

 

 

 

:devil_face:

post #799 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by [OverDrive] View Post
 

 

I can't promise... :rolleyes:

 

 

 

:devil_face:

 

te possino...

post #800 of 1264

Aldo they are not bad, they'll definitely suit your tastes. 

post #801 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
 

Aldo they are not bad, they'll definitely suit your tastes.

 

i know. was a joke with overdrive

post #802 of 1264
post #803 of 1264

Yes and not worth it. Get some Tung Sol or Sylvania 6SN7 bad boys. RCA coin base tall ladder 6SN7 are very nice too.

post #804 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Yes and not worth it. Get some Tung Sol or Sylvania 6SN7 bad boys. RCA coin base tall ladder 6SN7 are very nice too.

THat's a shame to hear. I read a nice article about a fellow who tired Sophia Tubes against MANY NOS tubes, 

 

Also good to see there are Tung Sol Clear tops out there 


Edited by Mshenay - 10/1/13 at 12:28pm
post #805 of 1264

The only Sophia Electric tubes I have and would recommend greatly is there KT88's and 12AX/U7 premium grade A tubes. The used 6SN7 I purchased off ebay from the original seller gave me the initial reaction of "Is that it?"

post #806 of 1264

What about PSVANE tubes?

 

I have tried many great 12AT7 NOS tubes in my MKVIIIse: Brimar 6060 yellow T, Tesla E83CC, Tesla ECC83, GE 12AT7 and cheap RCA 12AT7... And I really love the PSVANE 12AT7-T! They are great rivals to the best NOS 12AT7 tubes I own (Brimars, Teslas) and surpase them in several areas (especially in details). I also use PSVANE 6CA7-T / EL34 tubes in my speaker amp and these are the best EL-34 I have ever owned...

 

However, I have never heard the PSVANE 6SN7s (because I do not own an amp for these) but would like to hear from someone who tried them.


Edited by seaice - 10/2/13 at 5:43am
post #807 of 1264

I love  my Psvane 6SN7/CV181, very clean and detailed sound, and they look fantastic:

 

post #808 of 1264

 

Both sets arrived today.  They're a noticeable step up from the stock tubes.  Slightly more treble, definitely more bass and a little bit clearer sounding overall.

post #809 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaice View Post
 

What about PSVANE tubes?

 

I have tried many great 12AT7 NOS tubes in my MKVIIIse: Brimar 6060 yellow T, Tesla E83CC, Tesla ECC83, GE 12AT7 and cheap RCA 12AT7... And I really love the PSVANE 12AT7-T! They are great rivals to the best NOS 12AT7 tubes I own (Brimars, Teslas) and surpase them in several areas (especially in details). I also use PSVANE 6CA7-T / EL34 tubes in my speaker amp and these are the best EL-34 I have ever owned...

 

However, I have never heard the PSVANE 6SN7s (because I do not own an amp for these) but would like to hear from someone who tried them.

 

Haven't heard the Psvane 6SN7 but there 12A**7 dual triode tubes are amongst the best money can buy for a fraction of what NOS vintage tubes ask for.

 

Since you have the MK VIIISE to try out 12AT7 tubes, buy a set of Mullard CV4024 and report back to me how they sound, I find them to provide a very very very nice low-end.

post #810 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

 

Haven't heard the Psvane 6SN7 but there 12A**7 dual triode tubes are amongst the best money can buy for a fraction of what NOS vintage tubes ask for.

 

Since you have the MK VIIISE to try out 12AT7 tubes, buy a set of Mullard CV4024 and report back to me how they sound, I find them to provide a very very very nice low-end.

 

Keep in mind that these are basically hand selected Chinese tube packed and marketed for audiophiles.  The same tubes without the lipstick can be got from reputable tube dealers that can hand select low noise, low microphonics and balance tubes for a fraction of the cost.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite