Well maybe I won't need LD to build a tube speaker amp after all. I'm using my mkvi+ as a preamp into a nuforce icon-2 power amp terminating in Monitor Audio RX1's. The combination is fantastic. I was listening especially for hard sounding snare drums, and annoying splashy high hat and cymbals, the curse of digital amplification. I have also listened to some Beatles remasters. The Beatles have been remastered pretty well and manage to sound great with the pre in the system, the recordings which were originally very harsh and poor sounding are very acceptable now and have a very good amount of detail retained despite the remastering. And for the other music I have listened to, some of which was starting to annoy me over the digital system I had, even though the icon-2 is quite soft sounding, it all sounds much better, fuller sounding, and no hint of harshness now. I could listen to it all day now...... and that could pose it's own problems! The system sounds very like the headphone system I have, see previous posts, detail and sound is similar but obviously slightly fuller in the bass with the speakers. All in all I'm very pleased with it. Also no hum using the SE headphone outs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK VI+ with HE orthos? Last post on 2/19/11 at 4:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD800 and sㄐㄜ Last post on 10/19/11 at 12:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:18 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a balanced tube headamp/preamp Last post on 9/3/11 at 2:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- T1 + SS amp ? Any good match ? Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 46
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That's great! You're in for some serious fun, I'm still enjoying mine several years on and it's not stopping yet!!
Currently I feed my T1s from an audio gd nfb3 and a ld mk3.
I think I saw something about fans earlier in this thread. How is the noise level of the mk8 itself? I'm *very* picky when it comes to noise. (The heaters on my mk3 bothers me...)
I have experiences with 2 units of the MK8se. One is humming very silently (the very weak hum can be heard from 0.5m and less) and the second unit is totally quiet. I am extremely sensitive to all parasite sounds and there is no real issue with audible noise. I believe that you should hear nothing in normal circumstances.
Edited by seaice - 7/22/13 at 12:32pm
How bright are the current readouts?
Am I just bad at looking, or is it supposed to be hard to find a detailed review of the mk8se?
Is it a good choice for my T1s?
Sorry, I can not comment on the synergy with your T1. I use the MKVIIIse with my Sennheiser HD800. I have never tried the amp and T1s together but the MKVIIIse pairs greatly with my HD800. The synergy is better than A-GD Phoenix/HD800 combo. I hope that someone has the MIVIIIse with T1s and can provide you the info you are looking for.
Look back a few pages =p.
It's been out for a month but isn't listed/updated on the English page of little dot. There's only a few impressions in the chinese forum.
Odd, David doesn't list this one in the forums.
- Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SACD Surround: DSD or Not? 29 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 32 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 36 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › headphone suggestions (bass, walking, cycling, durability) 1 minute ago
- › BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › measurements are models 4 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital