Well maybe I won't need LD to build a tube speaker amp after all. I'm using my mkvi+ as a preamp into a nuforce icon-2 power amp terminating in Monitor Audio RX1's. The combination is fantastic. I was listening especially for hard sounding snare drums, and annoying splashy high hat and cymbals, the curse of digital amplification. I have also listened to some Beatles remasters. The Beatles have been remastered pretty well and manage to sound great with the pre in the system, the recordings which were originally very harsh and poor sounding are very acceptable now and have a very good amount of detail retained despite the remastering. And for the other music I have listened to, some of which was starting to annoy me over the digital system I had, even though the icon-2 is quite soft sounding, it all sounds much better, fuller sounding, and no hint of harshness now. I could listen to it all day now...... and that could pose it's own problems! The system sounds very like the headphone system I have, see previous posts, detail and sound is similar but obviously slightly fuller in the bass with the speakers. All in all I'm very pleased with it. Also no hum using the SE headphone outs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK VI+ with HE orthos? Last post on 2/19/11 at 4:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD800 and sㄐㄜ Last post on 10/19/11 at 12:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 4/13/14 at 9:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a balanced tube headamp/preamp Last post on 9/3/11 at 2:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- T1 + SS amp ? Any good match ? Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 46
That's great! You're in for some serious fun, I'm still enjoying mine several years on and it's not stopping yet!!
Currently I feed my T1s from an audio gd nfb3 and a ld mk3.
I think I saw something about fans earlier in this thread. How is the noise level of the mk8 itself? I'm *very* picky when it comes to noise. (The heaters on my mk3 bothers me...)
I have experiences with 2 units of the MK8se. One is humming very silently (the very weak hum can be heard from 0.5m and less) and the second unit is totally quiet. I am extremely sensitive to all parasite sounds and there is no real issue with audible noise. I believe that you should hear nothing in normal circumstances.
Edited by seaice - 7/22/13 at 12:32pm
How bright are the current readouts?
Am I just bad at looking, or is it supposed to be hard to find a detailed review of the mk8se?
Is it a good choice for my T1s?
Sorry, I can not comment on the synergy with your T1. I use the MKVIIIse with my Sennheiser HD800. I have never tried the amp and T1s together but the MKVIIIse pairs greatly with my HD800. The synergy is better than A-GD Phoenix/HD800 combo. I hope that someone has the MIVIIIse with T1s and can provide you the info you are looking for.
Look back a few pages =p.
It's been out for a month but isn't listed/updated on the English page of little dot. There's only a few impressions in the chinese forum.
Odd, David doesn't list this one in the forums.
- Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
- › AKG K501 love... 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HE60/HEV70 (Baby Orpheus) set incl. Stax adapter (EU) 31 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 53 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Senh hd580 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 5 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)