Well maybe I won't need LD to build a tube speaker amp after all. I'm using my mkvi+ as a preamp into a nuforce icon-2 power amp terminating in Monitor Audio RX1's. The combination is fantastic. I was listening especially for hard sounding snare drums, and annoying splashy high hat and cymbals, the curse of digital amplification. I have also listened to some Beatles remasters. The Beatles have been remastered pretty well and manage to sound great with the pre in the system, the recordings which were originally very harsh and poor sounding are very acceptable now and have a very good amount of detail retained despite the remastering. And for the other music I have listened to, some of which was starting to annoy me over the digital system I had, even though the icon-2 is quite soft sounding, it all sounds much better, fuller sounding, and no hint of harshness now. I could listen to it all day now...... and that could pose it's own problems! The system sounds very like the headphone system I have, see previous posts, detail and sound is similar but obviously slightly fuller in the bass with the speakers. All in all I'm very pleased with it. Also no hum using the SE headphone outs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK VI+ with HE orthos? Last post on 2/19/11 at 4:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD800 and sㄐㄜ Last post on 10/19/11 at 12:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 4/13/14 at 9:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a balanced tube headamp/preamp Last post on 9/3/11 at 2:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- T1 + SS amp ? Any good match ? Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 46
That's great! You're in for some serious fun, I'm still enjoying mine several years on and it's not stopping yet!!
Currently I feed my T1s from an audio gd nfb3 and a ld mk3.
I think I saw something about fans earlier in this thread. How is the noise level of the mk8 itself? I'm *very* picky when it comes to noise. (The heaters on my mk3 bothers me...)
I have experiences with 2 units of the MK8se. One is humming very silently (the very weak hum can be heard from 0.5m and less) and the second unit is totally quiet. I am extremely sensitive to all parasite sounds and there is no real issue with audible noise. I believe that you should hear nothing in normal circumstances.
Edited by seaice - 7/22/13 at 12:32pm
How bright are the current readouts?
Am I just bad at looking, or is it supposed to be hard to find a detailed review of the mk8se?
Is it a good choice for my T1s?
Sorry, I can not comment on the synergy with your T1. I use the MKVIIIse with my Sennheiser HD800. I have never tried the amp and T1s together but the MKVIIIse pairs greatly with my HD800. The synergy is better than A-GD Phoenix/HD800 combo. I hope that someone has the MIVIIIse with T1s and can provide you the info you are looking for.
Look back a few pages =p.
It's been out for a month but isn't listed/updated on the English page of little dot. There's only a few impressions in the chinese forum.
Odd, David doesn't list this one in the forums.
- Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
- › Looking for new Over-ear Headphones 42 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ vs Akg k267 Tiesto Which one should I buy? 59 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC meet April 19, 2014 <> meet impressions 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob