Well maybe I won't need LD to build a tube speaker amp after all. I'm using my mkvi+ as a preamp into a nuforce icon-2 power amp terminating in Monitor Audio RX1's. The combination is fantastic. I was listening especially for hard sounding snare drums, and annoying splashy high hat and cymbals, the curse of digital amplification. I have also listened to some Beatles remasters. The Beatles have been remastered pretty well and manage to sound great with the pre in the system, the recordings which were originally very harsh and poor sounding are very acceptable now and have a very good amount of detail retained despite the remastering. And for the other music I have listened to, some of which was starting to annoy me over the digital system I had, even though the icon-2 is quite soft sounding, it all sounds much better, fuller sounding, and no hint of harshness now. I could listen to it all day now...... and that could pose it's own problems! The system sounds very like the headphone system I have, see previous posts, detail and sound is similar but obviously slightly fuller in the bass with the speakers. All in all I'm very pleased with it. Also no hum using the SE headphone outs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK VI+ with HE orthos? Last post on 2/19/11 at 4:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD800 and sㄐㄜ Last post on 10/19/11 at 12:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 11/18/14 at 3:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a balanced tube headamp/preamp Last post on 9/3/11 at 2:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- T1 + SS amp ? Any good match ? Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 46
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That's great! You're in for some serious fun, I'm still enjoying mine several years on and it's not stopping yet!!
Currently I feed my T1s from an audio gd nfb3 and a ld mk3.
I think I saw something about fans earlier in this thread. How is the noise level of the mk8 itself? I'm *very* picky when it comes to noise. (The heaters on my mk3 bothers me...)
I have experiences with 2 units of the MK8se. One is humming very silently (the very weak hum can be heard from 0.5m and less) and the second unit is totally quiet. I am extremely sensitive to all parasite sounds and there is no real issue with audible noise. I believe that you should hear nothing in normal circumstances.
Edited by seaice - 7/22/13 at 12:32pm
How bright are the current readouts?
Am I just bad at looking, or is it supposed to be hard to find a detailed review of the mk8se?
Is it a good choice for my T1s?
Sorry, I can not comment on the synergy with your T1. I use the MKVIIIse with my Sennheiser HD800. I have never tried the amp and T1s together but the MKVIIIse pairs greatly with my HD800. The synergy is better than A-GD Phoenix/HD800 combo. I hope that someone has the MIVIIIse with T1s and can provide you the info you are looking for.
Look back a few pages =p.
It's been out for a month but isn't listed/updated on the English page of little dot. There's only a few impressions in the chinese forum.
Odd, David doesn't list this one in the forums.
- Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Best gear for listening to classical music... 35 seconds ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 1 minute ago
- › JVC FX850 Trebs are REALLY fatiguing?? 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig 3 minutes ago
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Best format for ripping CD's 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2