Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 37

post #541 of 1259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealer View Post

 

I am a owner of  Beyers T1 and Hifiman He500.. So am wondering... if I gonna get a Little Dot amp...which of the above 2 models should I be pairing with Mk6+ or Mk8... ???

 

 

MKVIIIse is better for Beyers T1. These Beyers were one of the headphones they have made this amp for.

 

But not sure about the Hifimans, sorry.
 


Edited by seaice - 2/8/13 at 2:56pm
post #542 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealer View Post

Hi,

I am a owner of  Beyers T1 and Hifiman He500..

So am wondering... if I gonna get a Little Dot amp...which of the above 2 models should I be pairing with

Mk6+ or Mk8... ???

Pls adv...
thanks in advance

The mk6 is an stellar amp for hifimans.
post #543 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealer View Post

Hi,

 

I am a owner of  Beyers T1 and Hifiman He500..

 

So am wondering... if I gonna get a Little Dot amp...which of the above 2 models should I be pairing with

 

Mk6+ or Mk8... ???

 

Pls adv...

thanks in advance

It looks like you might have to get both..biggrin.gif

post #544 of 1259

MK6 for sure. It is designed by in mind to power demanding orthodynamics and unique electrostatic transducers such as the AKG K1000. It will suit the HE-500 and T1's very well. The MK8 is designed to provide ample amount of power impedence wise for 150-600ohm headphones such as the HD580-800's and 600ohm Beyer's. The T1 will also pair well from a technical point of view but the T1 tesla driver can eat up more than 600ohm's at times.

post #545 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

It looks like you might have to get both..biggrin.gif


great idea :) 2 headphones = 2 amps :) Buy both, compare all amp/headphone combinations and let us know ;) Then keep the better chain for yourself and take the other one to your wife > you are happy & Valentine/Christmas solved & your wife is happy > your happiness is doubled ;)


Edited by seaice - 2/9/13 at 4:09am
post #546 of 1259

Well, I really wish for that

 

Nearly got a resale Mk6+ but missed by seconds.. someone grabbed it..

 

Anyway. thanks for the input..

will consider it...

 

Anyone selling off their unit and shipping oversea???

PM me.. I interested if the price is right...

 

rgds

post #547 of 1259

 

post #548 of 1259

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #549 of 1259

Nice pictures. Get some tube rolling going on too :)

post #550 of 1259

Hi,

just wondering...since I did not see anyone mentioning this

 

if you tube roll, do you have to perform biasing???

if yes... how?

 

appreciated...

post #551 of 1259
No biasing needs to be done as it is self biasing. Just drop in a tube and enjoy.
post #552 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealer View Post

Hi,

just wondering...since I did not see anyone mentioning this

 

if you tube roll, do you have to perform biasing???

if yes... how?

 

appreciated...

now, you´ve a lot of tubes to try...

have funwink.gif

p.s.:the amplifier deserves good tubes

post #553 of 1259

There was a very kind French guy at the London meet. Could he, or someone remind me what tubes were rolled in the mk vi+?. The sound out of the HE-6 was mind blowing.

post #554 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by azureaura View Post

There was a very kind French guy at the London meet. Could he, or someone remind me what tubes were rolled in the mk vi+?. The sound out of the HE-6 was mind blowing.

That would be zenpunks amp and if i am not mistaken he had tung sol 5998 output tubes, not sure what drivers he uses. In my opinion the HE-6s through Didiers 6+ were the best sounding at the meet. His amp put meat on the bones if you know what i mean.

 

It's actually got me thinking about getting a mk6 for my LCD-2s but it means changing everything from SE to balanced.


Edited by alvin sawdust - 5/1/13 at 3:58pm
post #555 of 1259

The TS5998 are amazing in this amp used as output tubes. Costly though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite