Reiser, do you have a good source for tubes? I looked up the VT-229 you mentioned on eBay.. the cheapest pair on there is $190...... I'll keep looking at alternatives I suppose.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK VI+ with HE orthos? Last post on 2/19/11 at 4:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD800 and sㄐㄜ Last post on 10/19/11 at 12:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a balanced tube headamp/preamp Last post on 9/3/11 at 2:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- T1 + SS amp ? Any good match ? Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 2post #16 of 236411/15/10 at 10:11pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 236411/16/10 at 3:44am
Thank you for the great link to that tube comparison thread...
I read in Glitche's posting on another thread that he liked the RCA black plate 6AS7G’s (power) and Raytheon VT-231 (driver) combination with the Mk VI.
I was wondering about how tubes can be substituted. Eg instead of the Raytheon VT 231 can I use the Tung-Sol 6SN7GT 'Round Plate' instead?
I am basing on the fact that they were both on the 6SN7 thread and so are similar? Is this true that you can substitute them as they are similar?
Thanks!post #18 of 236411/16/10 at 6:57amThread Starter
Shuguang 6SN7 don't seem to work, only hum and they don't entirely fit into the socket due to their base size. I dremel'd the golden rings to make room so that they fit, didn't fix the problem though. Some wasted money there..post #19 of 236411/16/10 at 9:50pm
Hello Guys , I would like to join the club, even after having to send my brand new MKVI back to China for repairs. It is an amazing amp and it is worth the hassle and wait. Will post again when I get it back.
Edited by che15 - 11/21/10 at 1:23pmpost #20 of 236411/16/10 at 9:52pmpost #21 of 236411/16/10 at 9:59pm
The package was perfect as the amp , so I do not think it was the shipping , but When I powered it the meters were on 40 volt instead of 60 and there was no sound coming out of the XLR or Single ended outputs. Tried new tubes, power cords , 3 CD players, checked the fuse, gain switches and nothing happened , so Davis said to ship it back for repair.post #22 of 236411/16/10 at 10:07pmpost #23 of 236411/17/10 at 9:25ampost #24 of 236411/17/10 at 9:37amThread Starter
When I installed new power tubes one pair was at around 90, I left it playing for about 3 hours and it automatically biased down to 60 on both pairs. Really unfortunate that you need to send yours back to China, but it's well worth the wait.
post #25 of 236411/18/10 at 6:26amThread Starter
I just received my dampers for the 6AS7G power tubes and the microphonics are now entirely gone. The lower end also tightened up, really recommending some dampers for these since they tend to be a bit microphonic.post #26 of 236411/20/10 at 3:25am
Thank for your advice on the differences between the VI+ and VIII SE and on tube rolling advice. I'm keen to buy a VI+ after having a LD II++. The LD II++ after I tubed rolled some Mullards in, it was excellent, however I sold it because it just did not have the outright power to drive my HD650s they way I wanted them and that it was not balanced. As far as I am concerned this balanced amp is a bargain.post #27 of 236411/20/10 at 12:26pmThread Starter
As the LD VI can drive the K1000s and Ortho's just fine, you'll have more than enough power for your HD650s.
Quote:Originally Posted by nkoulban
Thank for your advice on the differences between the VI+ and VIII SE and on tube rolling advice. I'm keen to buy a VI+ after having a LD II++. The LD II++ after I tubed rolled some Mullards in, it was excellent, however I sold it because it just did not have the outright power to drive my HD650s they way I wanted them and that it was not balanced. As far as I am concerned this balanced amp is a bargain.post #28 of 236411/21/10 at 1:29pmQuote:
Which Dampeners did you get, would you mind sending me the link.
Thankspost #29 of 236411/21/10 at 3:55pmThread Starter
I got my dampers from Sandy, really great quality. http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370451156794&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_5087wt_1139Quote:
Edited by reiserFS - 11/21/10 at 4:03pmpost #30 of 236411/22/10 at 2:11pmThread Starter
Just got in a matched quad of RCA 6AS7G black plates and to my luck they're bad, huming like crazy even after deoxiting the pins. My grey plates are working and are dead silent. On the bright side, I've manged to score a quad of Tung-Sol 5998 which are identical to the overpriced WE421A.
Edited by reiserFS - 11/22/10 at 2:28pm
- Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › DIY Earbuds 31 seconds ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 37 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 4 minutes ago
- › Is audible channel imbalance normal? What's your experience 4 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-X11 upcoming | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone capable DAP maybe 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 10 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear