Well i'm a new owner as well. It only took 3 days to arrive in my country, but then again I live in south east asia so it's closer to China.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK VI+ with HE orthos? Last post on 2/19/11 at 4:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD800 and sㄐㄜ Last post on 10/19/11 at 12:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 11/18/14 at 3:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a balanced tube headamp/preamp Last post on 9/3/11 at 2:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- T1 + SS amp ? Any good match ? Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Ordering mine this weekend, before the agonizing 3-5 week wait :( Looking forward to comparing this against my lyr and wa5 with the LCD 2.2s, K701s and Dt 880s. Btw, roughly how long did it take for you guys units to ship? Is the 3-5 week estimate accurate or a worse case scenario?
Mine was close to 5 weeks (maybe a few days shy). Try to keep yourself occupied with other things. I'd like to hear a review against the Lyr and WA5. It would be interesting to see how they stack up.
Yup, will be posting impressions once I get the mk6+. Hopefully my order will come in at the shorter end of the possible delivery time :)
Hey guys, actually, after going through all the threads on the mk6/6+, I haven't really been able to discern a clear recommendation for a good set of affordable driver and power tubes to roll. Mind giving me some suggestions?
Has anyone done any heavy modification to theirs? I haven't seen to much info on mods for this amp, but people have talked about it.
I don't think anyone has. I've definitely got it with mine too. Really makes the line out useless.
Edited by elwappo99 - 10/6/11 at 11:52pm
That kinda sucks, but it wont affect me too badly since I wont be using it single ended or as a pre-amp.
This amp is a pure balanced design so the SE out is only there for convenience sake. I personally prefer a great sounding balanced amp with a mediocre SE output than the opposite. Well! it would be nice to have both outputs sounding great but considering the price of this amp, I don't mind compromising. I believe the MKVI provide the best SQ/money if you can be bothered to re-terminate your cans. I has been favorably compared to Woo W22 and EC Balancing Act, which cost a lot more.
Anyway I am enjoying mine very much. I only wish the gain setting was accessible without opening the case as my favourite cans are DX1000 and HE-6.
Certainly the gain setting being more convenient would have been really nice. The SE output isn't really a convenience if you can't really use it. The hum is loud enough on more sensitive phones to become really irritating to the point I don't use it.
the little-dot mk VI was born pure balanced(i had the first version).
with se output is only half amplifier connected.
performance is slightly lower compared to the balanced beta-22.
in my opinon, one part very cheap in this amplifier is the alps pot and driver tubes
for the rest, only first choice
@zenpunk: the dx-1000 was my big love; modded is fantastic
The DX1000 remains my favourite headphone ( tried all the top tier phones) . Balanced and paired with the MKVI+, the bass is incredibly taut and controlled, and the treble really open up.
i agree with you
- Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1, powerful WAV player 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120II 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Techne Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2