Well i'm a new owner as well. It only took 3 days to arrive in my country, but then again I live in south east asia so it's closer to China.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK VI+ with HE orthos? Last post on 2/19/11 at 4:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD800 and sㄐㄜ Last post on 10/19/11 at 12:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 9/7/14 at 9:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a balanced tube headamp/preamp Last post on 9/3/11 at 2:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- T1 + SS amp ? Any good match ? Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 9
Ordering mine this weekend, before the agonizing 3-5 week wait :( Looking forward to comparing this against my lyr and wa5 with the LCD 2.2s, K701s and Dt 880s. Btw, roughly how long did it take for you guys units to ship? Is the 3-5 week estimate accurate or a worse case scenario?
Mine was close to 5 weeks (maybe a few days shy). Try to keep yourself occupied with other things. I'd like to hear a review against the Lyr and WA5. It would be interesting to see how they stack up.
Yup, will be posting impressions once I get the mk6+. Hopefully my order will come in at the shorter end of the possible delivery time :)
Hey guys, actually, after going through all the threads on the mk6/6+, I haven't really been able to discern a clear recommendation for a good set of affordable driver and power tubes to roll. Mind giving me some suggestions?
Has anyone done any heavy modification to theirs? I haven't seen to much info on mods for this amp, but people have talked about it.
I don't think anyone has. I've definitely got it with mine too. Really makes the line out useless.
Edited by elwappo99 - 10/6/11 at 11:52pm
That kinda sucks, but it wont affect me too badly since I wont be using it single ended or as a pre-amp.
This amp is a pure balanced design so the SE out is only there for convenience sake. I personally prefer a great sounding balanced amp with a mediocre SE output than the opposite. Well! it would be nice to have both outputs sounding great but considering the price of this amp, I don't mind compromising. I believe the MKVI provide the best SQ/money if you can be bothered to re-terminate your cans. I has been favorably compared to Woo W22 and EC Balancing Act, which cost a lot more.
Anyway I am enjoying mine very much. I only wish the gain setting was accessible without opening the case as my favourite cans are DX1000 and HE-6.
Certainly the gain setting being more convenient would have been really nice. The SE output isn't really a convenience if you can't really use it. The hum is loud enough on more sensitive phones to become really irritating to the point I don't use it.
the little-dot mk VI was born pure balanced(i had the first version).
with se output is only half amplifier connected.
performance is slightly lower compared to the balanced beta-22.
in my opinon, one part very cheap in this amplifier is the alps pot and driver tubes
for the rest, only first choice
@zenpunk: the dx-1000 was my big love; modded is fantastic
The DX1000 remains my favourite headphone ( tried all the top tier phones) . Balanced and paired with the MKVI+, the bass is incredibly taut and controlled, and the treble really open up.
i agree with you
- Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › Don't like big "Sennheiser" word on 600\650 headband? Erase it! 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-A100 [mint condition] 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 13 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 14 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 14 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)