Well i'm a new owner as well. It only took 3 days to arrive in my country, but then again I live in south east asia so it's closer to China.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MK VI+ with HE orthos? Last post on 2/19/11 at 4:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD800 and sㄐㄜ Last post on 10/19/11 at 12:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 11/18/14 at 3:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a balanced tube headamp/preamp Last post on 9/3/11 at 2:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- T1 + SS amp ? Any good match ? Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Ordering mine this weekend, before the agonizing 3-5 week wait :( Looking forward to comparing this against my lyr and wa5 with the LCD 2.2s, K701s and Dt 880s. Btw, roughly how long did it take for you guys units to ship? Is the 3-5 week estimate accurate or a worse case scenario?
Mine was close to 5 weeks (maybe a few days shy). Try to keep yourself occupied with other things. I'd like to hear a review against the Lyr and WA5. It would be interesting to see how they stack up.
Yup, will be posting impressions once I get the mk6+. Hopefully my order will come in at the shorter end of the possible delivery time :)
Hey guys, actually, after going through all the threads on the mk6/6+, I haven't really been able to discern a clear recommendation for a good set of affordable driver and power tubes to roll. Mind giving me some suggestions?
Has anyone done any heavy modification to theirs? I haven't seen to much info on mods for this amp, but people have talked about it.
I don't think anyone has. I've definitely got it with mine too. Really makes the line out useless.
Edited by elwappo99 - 10/6/11 at 11:52pm
That kinda sucks, but it wont affect me too badly since I wont be using it single ended or as a pre-amp.
This amp is a pure balanced design so the SE out is only there for convenience sake. I personally prefer a great sounding balanced amp with a mediocre SE output than the opposite. Well! it would be nice to have both outputs sounding great but considering the price of this amp, I don't mind compromising. I believe the MKVI provide the best SQ/money if you can be bothered to re-terminate your cans. I has been favorably compared to Woo W22 and EC Balancing Act, which cost a lot more.
Anyway I am enjoying mine very much. I only wish the gain setting was accessible without opening the case as my favourite cans are DX1000 and HE-6.
Certainly the gain setting being more convenient would have been really nice. The SE output isn't really a convenience if you can't really use it. The hum is loud enough on more sensitive phones to become really irritating to the point I don't use it.
the little-dot mk VI was born pure balanced(i had the first version).
with se output is only half amplifier connected.
performance is slightly lower compared to the balanced beta-22.
in my opinon, one part very cheap in this amplifier is the alps pot and driver tubes
for the rest, only first choice
@zenpunk: the dx-1000 was my big love; modded is fantastic
The DX1000 remains my favourite headphone ( tried all the top tier phones) . Balanced and paired with the MKVI+, the bass is incredibly taut and controlled, and the treble really open up.
i agree with you
- Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 25 seconds ago
- › Alternatives to Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads ~$400 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over ear Headphones-Price Drop! 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations headphone for open office ? 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Unified X1,3,5,7 Theming thread (Video/image library) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3