Pretty much, and it takes a bit to get one. I ordered mine on 8/18 and it just arrived today. I took about a week to ship from the UK to Boston, so it was about a month for them to get it in from Sennheiser and a week in shipping. OVerall, it's nice to have iPhone controls and a mic but the cable quality does not seem to be as good as the original, much more plasticy. For $64, I suppose it's worth it but that still seems to be a high price to pay. The TF10Vi cable is only $25.
Related Forum Threads
- Cable replacement for IE8 => IE8i Last post on 1/6/11 at 10:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for around $300USD? Last post on 1/11/12 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 right channel issue - cable suggestions? Last post on 4/23/15 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me decide IE8 vs Westone 3 vs GR07 Last post on 10/3/11 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs. Panasonic hje900 Last post on 8/15/11 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 3/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8? - Page 3post #31 of 379/23/11 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3710/1/11 at 6:35ampost #33 of 3710/22/12 at 2:06ampost #34 of 3711/7/12 at 9:39pmpost #35 of 3711/7/12 at 10:55pmQuote:
Well, I've had my IE8i cable for a few years (ordered it back when this thread was started actually) and it still works fine after many hours of listening and many times of being put in my coat pocket. Of course, my IEM cables never seem to break unlike those of many others, so YMMV I guess. But there shouldn't be anything horribly wrong with the quality of it at least.post #36 of 376/25/14 at 1:24pmpost #37 of 376/26/14 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by ajpevers
Actually it's way cheaper at the official Sennheiser spare parts webshop: http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-8i/cable-ie8i-standard-35mm---120cm-542182.html
Thank you for the heads up didn't realise the price difference. In the interest of fairness we are now matching this and doing the same price.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8?
- Hi End Cables
- › Schiit Owners Unite 16 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables Silver Poison - 12 feet cable 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Introduction and question concerning DACs 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Sonus Faber Pryma Alternatives? 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse