Pretty much, and it takes a bit to get one. I ordered mine on 8/18 and it just arrived today. I took about a week to ship from the UK to Boston, so it was about a month for them to get it in from Sennheiser and a week in shipping. OVerall, it's nice to have iPhone controls and a mic but the cable quality does not seem to be as good as the original, much more plasticy. For $64, I suppose it's worth it but that still seems to be a high price to pay. The TF10Vi cable is only $25.
Related Forum Threads
- Cable replacement for IE8 => IE8i Last post on 1/6/11 at 10:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for around $300USD? Last post on 1/11/12 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 right channel issue - cable suggestions? Last post on 4/23/15 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me decide IE8 vs Westone 3 vs GR07 Last post on 10/3/11 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs. Panasonic hje900 Last post on 8/15/11 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8? - Page 3post #31 of 379/23/11 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3710/1/11 at 6:35ampost #33 of 3710/22/12 at 2:06ampost #34 of 3711/7/12 at 9:39pmpost #35 of 3711/7/12 at 10:55pmQuote:
Well, I've had my IE8i cable for a few years (ordered it back when this thread was started actually) and it still works fine after many hours of listening and many times of being put in my coat pocket. Of course, my IEM cables never seem to break unlike those of many others, so YMMV I guess. But there shouldn't be anything horribly wrong with the quality of it at least.post #36 of 376/25/14 at 1:24pmpost #37 of 376/26/14 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by ajpevers
Actually it's way cheaper at the official Sennheiser spare parts webshop: http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-8i/cable-ie8i-standard-35mm---120cm-542182.html
Thank you for the heads up didn't realise the price difference. In the interest of fairness we are now matching this and doing the same price.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 9 seconds ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 15 seconds ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 32 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 1 minute ago
- › ipod classic gen3 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...