Pretty much, and it takes a bit to get one. I ordered mine on 8/18 and it just arrived today. I took about a week to ship from the UK to Boston, so it was about a month for them to get it in from Sennheiser and a week in shipping. OVerall, it's nice to have iPhone controls and a mic but the cable quality does not seem to be as good as the original, much more plasticy. For $64, I suppose it's worth it but that still seems to be a high price to pay. The TF10Vi cable is only $25.
Related Forum Threads
- Cable replacement for IE8 => IE8i Last post on 1/6/11 at 10:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for around $300USD? Last post on 1/11/12 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 right channel issue - cable suggestions? Last post on 4/23/15 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me decide IE8 vs Westone 3 vs GR07 Last post on 10/3/11 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs. Panasonic hje900 Last post on 8/15/11 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8? - Page 3post #31 of 379/23/11 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3710/1/11 at 6:35ampost #33 of 3710/22/12 at 2:06ampost #34 of 3711/7/12 at 9:39pmpost #35 of 3711/7/12 at 10:55pmQuote:
Well, I've had my IE8i cable for a few years (ordered it back when this thread was started actually) and it still works fine after many hours of listening and many times of being put in my coat pocket. Of course, my IEM cables never seem to break unlike those of many others, so YMMV I guess. But there shouldn't be anything horribly wrong with the quality of it at least.post #36 of 376/25/14 at 1:24pmpost #37 of 376/26/14 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by ajpevers
Actually it's way cheaper at the official Sennheiser spare parts webshop: http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-8i/cable-ie8i-standard-35mm---120cm-542182.html
Thank you for the heads up didn't realise the price difference. In the interest of fairness we are now matching this and doing the same price.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Three Word Story 44 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 5 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...