Pretty much, and it takes a bit to get one. I ordered mine on 8/18 and it just arrived today. I took about a week to ship from the UK to Boston, so it was about a month for them to get it in from Sennheiser and a week in shipping. OVerall, it's nice to have iPhone controls and a mic but the cable quality does not seem to be as good as the original, much more plasticy. For $64, I suppose it's worth it but that still seems to be a high price to pay. The TF10Vi cable is only $25.
Related Forum Threads
- Cable replacement for IE8 => IE8i Last post on 1/6/11 at 10:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for around $300USD? Last post on 1/11/12 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 right channel issue - cable suggestions? Last post on 4/23/15 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me decide IE8 vs Westone 3 vs GR07 Last post on 10/3/11 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs. Panasonic hje900 Last post on 8/15/11 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: Today
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8? - Page 3post #31 of 379/23/11 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3710/1/11 at 6:35ampost #33 of 3710/22/12 at 2:06ampost #34 of 3711/7/12 at 9:39pmpost #35 of 3711/7/12 at 10:55pmQuote:
Well, I've had my IE8i cable for a few years (ordered it back when this thread was started actually) and it still works fine after many hours of listening and many times of being put in my coat pocket. Of course, my IEM cables never seem to break unlike those of many others, so YMMV I guess. But there shouldn't be anything horribly wrong with the quality of it at least.post #36 of 376/25/14 at 1:24pmpost #37 of 376/26/14 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by ajpevers
Actually it's way cheaper at the official Sennheiser spare parts webshop: http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-8i/cable-ie8i-standard-35mm---120cm-542182.html
Thank you for the heads up didn't realise the price difference. In the interest of fairness we are now matching this and doing the same price.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Sugestion for Sennheiser HD-650 12 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 30 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2