Pretty much, and it takes a bit to get one. I ordered mine on 8/18 and it just arrived today. I took about a week to ship from the UK to Boston, so it was about a month for them to get it in from Sennheiser and a week in shipping. OVerall, it's nice to have iPhone controls and a mic but the cable quality does not seem to be as good as the original, much more plasticy. For $64, I suppose it's worth it but that still seems to be a high price to pay. The TF10Vi cable is only $25.
Related Forum Threads
- Cable replacement for IE8 => IE8i Last post on 1/6/11 at 10:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for around $300USD? Last post on 1/11/12 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 right channel issue - cable suggestions? Last post on 4/23/15 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me decide IE8 vs Westone 3 vs GR07 Last post on 10/3/11 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs. Panasonic hje900 Last post on 8/15/11 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8? - Page 3post #31 of 379/23/11 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3710/1/11 at 6:35ampost #33 of 3710/22/12 at 2:06ampost #34 of 3711/7/12 at 9:39pmpost #35 of 3711/7/12 at 10:55pmQuote:
Well, I've had my IE8i cable for a few years (ordered it back when this thread was started actually) and it still works fine after many hours of listening and many times of being put in my coat pocket. Of course, my IEM cables never seem to break unlike those of many others, so YMMV I guess. But there shouldn't be anything horribly wrong with the quality of it at least.post #36 of 376/25/14 at 1:24pmpost #37 of 376/26/14 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by ajpevers
Actually it's way cheaper at the official Sennheiser spare parts webshop: http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-8i/cable-ie8i-standard-35mm---120cm-542182.html
Thank you for the heads up didn't realise the price difference. In the interest of fairness we are now matching this and doing the same price.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › Effect Audio cables - new thread for discussion, reviews, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › is this really a problem with blind tests? 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 4 minutes ago
- › Does what you plug into affect sound and can anything be done to... 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 6 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of... 8 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...