The Leben CS-300XS vs the Woo Audio WA-5? I won't compare right now, but the Leben is awesome period.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for ALL Genres and AMP to Match Last post on 6/2/11 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 ear fatigue Last post on 1/10/11 at 12:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How to improve my head phone system? Last post on 10/1/11 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
AMP A / B COMPARISONS - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 5005/19/11 at 8:49amQuote:... a $400 DAC could sound better than my $1500 DAC I just made out of some string, a USB cable and an empty bag of Doritos.
Your reductio ad absurdum image is wonderful. I can see a way to interface the string to the empty Doritos bag; but how did you interface the USB cable to the string? Reminds me of the $1 finger-powered cellophane based turntable/speaker RCA developed in the 50's to parachute into communist countries to spread the word about democracy. Even though I haven't heard your expensive DAC, I suspect it sounds substantially better than the RCA which I have heard and couldn't have been designed to sound worse. Talk about jitter! But DACs have come a long way since the 50s and $400 can buy a lot of serious engineering. Seriously, though, I think what you are rightly complaining about is a variety of "thread noise", perhaps more properly characterized as thread noise with a pervasively strident tone: something which until recently has been refreshingly absent from this thread and which I expect to fade away, given the obvious merit of milosz's thoughtful efforts.post #498 of 5005/28/11 at 6:59am
I have just finished reading through this thread, and even though I didn't grasp all the technical details, I found it enlightening (even concerning some aspects of human nature..) and really wish to express my gratitude to Milosz for the excellent work he has done. I very much look forward to your DAC comparisons Milosz!post #499 of 5006/27/11 at 10:38am
I just ordered a set of LCD2's...and was wondering what am to use with them!!!! Oh Boy I ran across this thread!
I built a SOHA II Cavalli design, have a SCHITT ASGARD and a very nice PreAmp by AVA, a Insight+....and even an head amp section of an Onkyo 05 AVR.
I asked the AVA person and he said the amp for the head section was great and try it before spending more $$$.
I did and it really sounds great with my present set of AKG702's.
But being the nut I am, I bought a Schitt ASGARD for hear a Class a SS amp and see for myself if the preamp head amp was any good...it was!
And wanted to see what a tube amp would sound like or do...and built the SOHAii.
Basically in my A/B tests they all sound pretty good.
Honestly I cant hear a real worldly difference and would be happy with either one...
I think I will hear quite a difference between the 702 cans and the LCD2's..
All the best!
- AMP A / B COMPARISONS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 2 minutes ago
- › 150€/$ budget - IEM straight down wearable + low cable noise - Need... 2 minutes ago
- › Open-back headphones and amplifier under EUR 300 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 4 minutes ago
- › Basically all the Bose bashing is baseless. 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 7 minutes ago
- › What happens when one plugs computer speakers into the headphone... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)