The Leben CS-300XS vs the Woo Audio WA-5? I won't compare right now, but the Leben is awesome period.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for ALL Genres and AMP to Match Last post on 6/2/11 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 ear fatigue Last post on 1/10/11 at 12:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How to improve my head phone system? Last post on 10/1/11 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
AMP A / B COMPARISONS - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 5005/19/11 at 8:49amQuote:... a $400 DAC could sound better than my $1500 DAC I just made out of some string, a USB cable and an empty bag of Doritos.
Your reductio ad absurdum image is wonderful. I can see a way to interface the string to the empty Doritos bag; but how did you interface the USB cable to the string? Reminds me of the $1 finger-powered cellophane based turntable/speaker RCA developed in the 50's to parachute into communist countries to spread the word about democracy. Even though I haven't heard your expensive DAC, I suspect it sounds substantially better than the RCA which I have heard and couldn't have been designed to sound worse. Talk about jitter! But DACs have come a long way since the 50s and $400 can buy a lot of serious engineering. Seriously, though, I think what you are rightly complaining about is a variety of "thread noise", perhaps more properly characterized as thread noise with a pervasively strident tone: something which until recently has been refreshingly absent from this thread and which I expect to fade away, given the obvious merit of milosz's thoughtful efforts.post #498 of 5005/28/11 at 6:59am
I have just finished reading through this thread, and even though I didn't grasp all the technical details, I found it enlightening (even concerning some aspects of human nature..) and really wish to express my gratitude to Milosz for the excellent work he has done. I very much look forward to your DAC comparisons Milosz!post #499 of 5006/27/11 at 10:38am
I just ordered a set of LCD2's...and was wondering what am to use with them!!!! Oh Boy I ran across this thread!
I built a SOHA II Cavalli design, have a SCHITT ASGARD and a very nice PreAmp by AVA, a Insight+....and even an head amp section of an Onkyo 05 AVR.
I asked the AVA person and he said the amp for the head section was great and try it before spending more $$$.
I did and it really sounds great with my present set of AKG702's.
But being the nut I am, I bought a Schitt ASGARD for hear a Class a SS amp and see for myself if the preamp head amp was any good...it was!
And wanted to see what a tube amp would sound like or do...and built the SOHAii.
Basically in my A/B tests they all sound pretty good.
Honestly I cant hear a real worldly difference and would be happy with either one...
I think I will hear quite a difference between the 702 cans and the LCD2's..
All the best!
- AMP A / B COMPARISONS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 second ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 38 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear