Sick! I might get some of these. I have the HD 650s shipping at the moment, was planning to go the amp+headphones route, but I might send back the 650s and get these instead. Then I dont have to worry about amp synergy and all that crap
Related Forum Threads
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR 207 (or 202) compared to Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 600s or HD 650s for rock / techno? Last post on 8/19/11 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cans for the office...not too much isolation. Last post on 6/28/11 at 1:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone suggestions? Last post on 5/27/11 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
Review of the Ultrasone HFI-2400 Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 2211/21/10 at 11:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2211/21/10 at 11:39pmpost #18 of 2212/16/10 at 6:26ampost #19 of 227/21/11 at 8:42ampost #20 of 229/29/11 at 12:15pm
Hey guys. I just wanted to confirm what kesslerjesus's review of the HFi-2400. I purchased them about 2 months ago and have noted the same impressions as kessler did. I then had them recabled by Moon Audio with their Silver Dragon V3 cable w/ the hardwire split mod.
The 2400s claim to fame is definitely the bass. It's big without being bloaty. More on the punchy side and pretty similar to the HFi-580.
Just as kessler mentioned, they are recessed. This is my only gripe about the 2400s. I mainly listen to rock music and it's very weird having the vocals buried behind the bass and drums. Leading me to assume that these headphones although not the best with rock music, might do very well with electronica music or instrumental music. Listening to St. Vincent's new album Strange Mercy, the bass and instruments are the main focus on these headphones with Annie Clark's vocals taking a back seat. Because of this, the sound just didn't come off right.
Prior to the recable, the highs I noticed were rolled off. After the recable, the highs became more apparent and definitely sounded better to me. I started hearing details just as reverb decay from recordings. Not that you couldn't before, but with the silver recable it became much more apparent.
Just wanted to say thanks again to kesslerjesus for his honest impressions. After reading them, I'll be most likely looking for a new tube based amp now!post #21 of 224/6/12 at 12:57pmpost #22 of 2210/4/12 at 4:35amQuote:
Hey, i got my hands onto a pair of 580s recently as my first pair of high quality headphones. Afterwards i got the chance to try the 2400s on a local store, and their bass blew my mind away...i am seriously considering selling my 580s and buying the 2400s, but after your comment i am starting to wonder whether to do so, mainly because my phones are really new (2-3 weeks)...would you compare the bass of the 580s to the 2400s? Should i just wait for them to burn-in completely? I was seriously impressed by the sound of the 2400s, but if the consensus of the HeadFi community is that i should wait...well i would (:
- Review of the Ultrasone HFI-2400 Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 12 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 4 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN’s Lucky Upgrade Opportunity 7 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 7 minutes ago
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear