Sick! I might get some of these. I have the HD 650s shipping at the moment, was planning to go the amp+headphones route, but I might send back the 650s and get these instead. Then I dont have to worry about amp synergy and all that crap
Related Forum Threads
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR 207 (or 202) compared to Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 600s or HD 650s for rock / techno? Last post on 8/19/11 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cans for the office...not too much isolation. Last post on 6/28/11 at 1:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone suggestions? Last post on 5/27/11 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Review of the Ultrasone HFI-2400 Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 2211/21/10 at 11:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2211/21/10 at 11:39pmpost #18 of 2212/16/10 at 6:26ampost #19 of 227/21/11 at 8:42ampost #20 of 229/29/11 at 12:15pm
Hey guys. I just wanted to confirm what kesslerjesus's review of the HFi-2400. I purchased them about 2 months ago and have noted the same impressions as kessler did. I then had them recabled by Moon Audio with their Silver Dragon V3 cable w/ the hardwire split mod.
The 2400s claim to fame is definitely the bass. It's big without being bloaty. More on the punchy side and pretty similar to the HFi-580.
Just as kessler mentioned, they are recessed. This is my only gripe about the 2400s. I mainly listen to rock music and it's very weird having the vocals buried behind the bass and drums. Leading me to assume that these headphones although not the best with rock music, might do very well with electronica music or instrumental music. Listening to St. Vincent's new album Strange Mercy, the bass and instruments are the main focus on these headphones with Annie Clark's vocals taking a back seat. Because of this, the sound just didn't come off right.
Prior to the recable, the highs I noticed were rolled off. After the recable, the highs became more apparent and definitely sounded better to me. I started hearing details just as reverb decay from recordings. Not that you couldn't before, but with the silver recable it became much more apparent.
Just wanted to say thanks again to kesslerjesus for his honest impressions. After reading them, I'll be most likely looking for a new tube based amp now!post #21 of 224/6/12 at 12:57pmpost #22 of 2210/4/12 at 4:35amQuote:
Hey, i got my hands onto a pair of 580s recently as my first pair of high quality headphones. Afterwards i got the chance to try the 2400s on a local store, and their bass blew my mind away...i am seriously considering selling my 580s and buying the 2400s, but after your comment i am starting to wonder whether to do so, mainly because my phones are really new (2-3 weeks)...would you compare the bass of the 580s to the 2400s? Should i just wait for them to burn-in completely? I was seriously impressed by the sound of the 2400s, but if the consensus of the HeadFi community is that i should wait...well i would (:
- Review of the Ultrasone HFI-2400 Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 11 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia impressions and discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...