Sick! I might get some of these. I have the HD 650s shipping at the moment, was planning to go the amp+headphones route, but I might send back the 650s and get these instead. Then I dont have to worry about amp synergy and all that crap
Related Forum Threads
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR 207 (or 202) compared to Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 600s or HD 650s for rock / techno? Last post on 8/19/11 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cans for the office...not too much isolation. Last post on 6/28/11 at 1:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone suggestions? Last post on 5/27/11 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Review of the Ultrasone HFI-2400 Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 2211/21/10 at 11:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2211/21/10 at 11:39pmpost #18 of 2212/16/10 at 6:26ampost #19 of 227/21/11 at 8:42ampost #20 of 229/29/11 at 12:15pm
Hey guys. I just wanted to confirm what kesslerjesus's review of the HFi-2400. I purchased them about 2 months ago and have noted the same impressions as kessler did. I then had them recabled by Moon Audio with their Silver Dragon V3 cable w/ the hardwire split mod.
The 2400s claim to fame is definitely the bass. It's big without being bloaty. More on the punchy side and pretty similar to the HFi-580.
Just as kessler mentioned, they are recessed. This is my only gripe about the 2400s. I mainly listen to rock music and it's very weird having the vocals buried behind the bass and drums. Leading me to assume that these headphones although not the best with rock music, might do very well with electronica music or instrumental music. Listening to St. Vincent's new album Strange Mercy, the bass and instruments are the main focus on these headphones with Annie Clark's vocals taking a back seat. Because of this, the sound just didn't come off right.
Prior to the recable, the highs I noticed were rolled off. After the recable, the highs became more apparent and definitely sounded better to me. I started hearing details just as reverb decay from recordings. Not that you couldn't before, but with the silver recable it became much more apparent.
Just wanted to say thanks again to kesslerjesus for his honest impressions. After reading them, I'll be most likely looking for a new tube based amp now!post #21 of 224/6/12 at 12:57pmpost #22 of 2210/4/12 at 4:35amQuote:
Hey, i got my hands onto a pair of 580s recently as my first pair of high quality headphones. Afterwards i got the chance to try the 2400s on a local store, and their bass blew my mind away...i am seriously considering selling my 580s and buying the 2400s, but after your comment i am starting to wonder whether to do so, mainly because my phones are really new (2-3 weeks)...would you compare the bass of the 580s to the 2400s? Should i just wait for them to burn-in completely? I was seriously impressed by the sound of the 2400s, but if the consensus of the HeadFi community is that i should wait...well i would (:
- Review of the Ultrasone HFI-2400 Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 20 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 21 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 51 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 52 seconds ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 1 minute ago
- › Mezzo Hifi - New AK120/AK100 Mods (WM8741 in software mode) 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › DT880 PRO pad experiment, Velour vs Softskin. 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)