Sick! I might get some of these. I have the HD 650s shipping at the moment, was planning to go the amp+headphones route, but I might send back the 650s and get these instead. Then I dont have to worry about amp synergy and all that crap
Related Forum Threads
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR 207 (or 202) compared to Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 600s or HD 650s for rock / techno? Last post on 8/19/11 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cans for the office...not too much isolation. Last post on 6/28/11 at 1:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone suggestions? Last post on 5/27/11 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Review of the Ultrasone HFI-2400 Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 2211/21/10 at 11:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2211/21/10 at 11:39pmpost #18 of 2212/16/10 at 6:26ampost #19 of 227/21/11 at 8:42ampost #20 of 229/29/11 at 12:15pm
Hey guys. I just wanted to confirm what kesslerjesus's review of the HFi-2400. I purchased them about 2 months ago and have noted the same impressions as kessler did. I then had them recabled by Moon Audio with their Silver Dragon V3 cable w/ the hardwire split mod.
The 2400s claim to fame is definitely the bass. It's big without being bloaty. More on the punchy side and pretty similar to the HFi-580.
Just as kessler mentioned, they are recessed. This is my only gripe about the 2400s. I mainly listen to rock music and it's very weird having the vocals buried behind the bass and drums. Leading me to assume that these headphones although not the best with rock music, might do very well with electronica music or instrumental music. Listening to St. Vincent's new album Strange Mercy, the bass and instruments are the main focus on these headphones with Annie Clark's vocals taking a back seat. Because of this, the sound just didn't come off right.
Prior to the recable, the highs I noticed were rolled off. After the recable, the highs became more apparent and definitely sounded better to me. I started hearing details just as reverb decay from recordings. Not that you couldn't before, but with the silver recable it became much more apparent.
Just wanted to say thanks again to kesslerjesus for his honest impressions. After reading them, I'll be most likely looking for a new tube based amp now!post #21 of 224/6/12 at 12:57pmpost #22 of 2210/4/12 at 4:35amQuote:
Hey, i got my hands onto a pair of 580s recently as my first pair of high quality headphones. Afterwards i got the chance to try the 2400s on a local store, and their bass blew my mind away...i am seriously considering selling my 580s and buying the 2400s, but after your comment i am starting to wonder whether to do so, mainly because my phones are really new (2-3 weeks)...would you compare the bass of the 580s to the 2400s? Should i just wait for them to burn-in completely? I was seriously impressed by the sound of the 2400s, but if the consensus of the HeadFi community is that i should wait...well i would (:
- Review of the Ultrasone HFI-2400 Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 11 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 12 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 13 minutes ago
- › NFB-11 issues? Or am I using it wrong? 13 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 13 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 14 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 15 minutes ago
- › Sony CKL-NWZX2 Black Leather Flip Case for ZX2 16 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 17 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 19 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2