I think he should at least listen to them with proper earpads first before selling them.
Related Forum Threads
- grado ps1- hp2 .... anything bettere around ? Last post on 1/24/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Exact size dimensions of the Grado HP-1000 (HP-2) Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Joe Grados? Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone ever get a killer deal on a set of headphones? if so where? Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol) - Page 9post #121 of 14511/24/10 at 10:49pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 14511/24/10 at 11:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by AnaxilusQuote:Originally Posted by clarinetmanQuote:
Hey man, if you do happen to decide to sell them--you may or may not know this, but I go to school with your sister Lizzy (as she has told me)! We're actually friends.
Again, not that this is any of my business per se, but I'd really love and greatly appreciate to give them a listen before you let them go... Perhaps they may be the greatest thing I've ever heard.
Like I said before though, I wouldn't go with the RS-1 if you have $1500 to blow. You can get a much better sound for that price (e.x. the LCD-2).
He wanted to pocket the change not buy an RS1 for $1500 lol.
Haha, yeah I figured. But still, if he just liked the "woody look" then there's nothing wrong with having both that and incredible sound.
I suppose priorities are important though....post #123 of 14511/25/10 at 1:33ampost #124 of 14511/25/10 at 1:36ampost #125 of 14511/26/10 at 9:09pm
See this is where I think a distinction needs to be made. He didn't buy w/ intent to profit. He purchased an unknown quantity based on looks alone. Now if he can't profit on such a rare find and the buyer can't benefit from such a rare find that would be disadvantageous to all. I think an exception is in order.post #126 of 14511/26/10 at 11:49pm
I don't believe that he's flipping for profit if he does this, or at least not against the terms of service. He bought a pair of headphones with the intention of using them; it isn't like he bought the Grados from someone with the intention of quickly selling to someone else.
If I bought K701 and immediately didn't like them, is it "illegal" for me to immediately sell them? What if I sell them for $250; you all would have no idea how much I originally paid, so how do you know if I'm flipping them or not? I don't believe it's fair to judge a user's reason to sell the headphones.
Second, about the price, are you saying that he has to sell them for what he paid, if he is allowed to sell them here? In that case, everyone here that owns this same model Grado, or R10, etc. is also considered flipping the headphones, since they are being sold for more than their original MSRP.post #127 of 14511/27/10 at 2:57ampost #128 of 14511/27/10 at 3:05am
because this is supposed to be a community, there's ebay if someone just wants money. But I think the op's case is a gray area and don't really have an opinion on it one way or the otherpost #129 of 14511/27/10 at 3:09amYou, my friend, are the luckiest bastard on headfi! Congratulations!
Edit - posting on my mobile phone here with very small screen and didn't spot this thread went further than the first page. Sorry if this post seems non-sequitur.
Fwiw imo the op got lucky, and I'm happy for him. There is no reason he should be attacked if he wants to sell these at market value.
Edited by EddieE - 11/27/10 at 3:14ampost #130 of 14511/27/10 at 3:59amQuote:
Sorry to interrupt but if your knew to Hi-Fi Audiop and you come upon something as amazing as the OP, you probably won't have the ear to appreciate what yoiu have recieved. If he flips I'd say he keeps most of it ansd starts with a mid-fi headphone and work his way up. That way someone who has wanted a HP-2 will get one and he will come out with a profit and good little start on this little hobby.
Sounds pretty good and a good way to work with our community.
I suggest those who attack the OP for such a good decision get down off your Ivory tower and view the world as it really is.
Edited by SoSpecial - 11/27/10 at 4:01ampost #131 of 14511/27/10 at 10:36am
I don't think anyone was attacking him at all. It was just a friendly discussion.
Okay, I'm gonna start and advice him to sell the HP-2 in the for sale forum and not make a profit, which means that the price has to be $25 or less.post #132 of 14511/27/10 at 12:11pmpost #133 of 14511/27/10 at 10:21pmpost #134 of 14511/27/10 at 10:42pm
Technically, even entire countries are communities. That doesn't meant that it's evil to sell products for their current standard market price.
- Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS... 43 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons (Added ER4S) 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 4 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 5 minutes ago
- › What to choose for under 100 us dollars?? 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for $200 (Q/k701, HD598, DT-770-PRO-32, Grado SR225i?) 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe