I think he should at least listen to them with proper earpads first before selling them.
Related Forum Threads
- grado ps1- hp2 .... anything bettere around ? Last post on 1/24/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Exact size dimensions of the Grado HP-1000 (HP-2) Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Joe Grados? Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone ever get a killer deal on a set of headphones? if so where? Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol) - Page 9post #121 of 14511/24/10 at 10:49pmpost #122 of 14511/24/10 at 11:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by AnaxilusQuote:Originally Posted by clarinetmanQuote:
Hey man, if you do happen to decide to sell them--you may or may not know this, but I go to school with your sister Lizzy (as she has told me)! We're actually friends.
Again, not that this is any of my business per se, but I'd really love and greatly appreciate to give them a listen before you let them go... Perhaps they may be the greatest thing I've ever heard.
Like I said before though, I wouldn't go with the RS-1 if you have $1500 to blow. You can get a much better sound for that price (e.x. the LCD-2).
He wanted to pocket the change not buy an RS1 for $1500 lol.
Haha, yeah I figured. But still, if he just liked the "woody look" then there's nothing wrong with having both that and incredible sound.
I suppose priorities are important though....post #123 of 14511/25/10 at 1:33ampost #124 of 14511/25/10 at 1:36ampost #125 of 14511/26/10 at 9:09pm
See this is where I think a distinction needs to be made. He didn't buy w/ intent to profit. He purchased an unknown quantity based on looks alone. Now if he can't profit on such a rare find and the buyer can't benefit from such a rare find that would be disadvantageous to all. I think an exception is in order.post #126 of 14511/26/10 at 11:49pm
I don't believe that he's flipping for profit if he does this, or at least not against the terms of service. He bought a pair of headphones with the intention of using them; it isn't like he bought the Grados from someone with the intention of quickly selling to someone else.
If I bought K701 and immediately didn't like them, is it "illegal" for me to immediately sell them? What if I sell them for $250; you all would have no idea how much I originally paid, so how do you know if I'm flipping them or not? I don't believe it's fair to judge a user's reason to sell the headphones.
Second, about the price, are you saying that he has to sell them for what he paid, if he is allowed to sell them here? In that case, everyone here that owns this same model Grado, or R10, etc. is also considered flipping the headphones, since they are being sold for more than their original MSRP.post #127 of 14511/27/10 at 2:57ampost #128 of 14511/27/10 at 3:05am
because this is supposed to be a community, there's ebay if someone just wants money. But I think the op's case is a gray area and don't really have an opinion on it one way or the otherpost #129 of 14511/27/10 at 3:09amYou, my friend, are the luckiest bastard on headfi! Congratulations!
Edit - posting on my mobile phone here with very small screen and didn't spot this thread went further than the first page. Sorry if this post seems non-sequitur.
Fwiw imo the op got lucky, and I'm happy for him. There is no reason he should be attacked if he wants to sell these at market value.
Edited by EddieE - 11/27/10 at 3:14ampost #130 of 14511/27/10 at 3:59amQuote:
Sorry to interrupt but if your knew to Hi-Fi Audiop and you come upon something as amazing as the OP, you probably won't have the ear to appreciate what yoiu have recieved. If he flips I'd say he keeps most of it ansd starts with a mid-fi headphone and work his way up. That way someone who has wanted a HP-2 will get one and he will come out with a profit and good little start on this little hobby.
Sounds pretty good and a good way to work with our community.
I suggest those who attack the OP for such a good decision get down off your Ivory tower and view the world as it really is.
Edited by SoSpecial - 11/27/10 at 4:01ampost #131 of 14511/27/10 at 10:36am
I don't think anyone was attacking him at all. It was just a friendly discussion.
Okay, I'm gonna start and advice him to sell the HP-2 in the for sale forum and not make a profit, which means that the price has to be $25 or less.post #132 of 14511/27/10 at 12:11pmpost #133 of 14511/27/10 at 10:21pmpost #134 of 14511/27/10 at 10:42pm
Technically, even entire countries are communities. That doesn't meant that it's evil to sell products for their current standard market price.
- Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 16 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 30 seconds ago
- › Grado 325is Chromed version 1 minute ago
- › IEM buying help...... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Need help determining if my new Ultimate Ears Custom In-Ear... 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob