I spent a few months chosing between the JH 16, UE 18 and Westone ES5, but I finally went for the JH 16s. I just don't know what to do to "pimp" out my JH 16's. I usually listen to music through my iphone, so I was looking to buy a DAC that could connect to the 30 pin adapter on the bottom of the iphone, so it's all digital (does anything like that exist?), although I was told a standard amp would work well (can you recomend some... I heard the Meier Corda Stepdance is good: http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/amplifiers.htm ). Also, what about a cable, should I update the cable or does it not make a huge difference, and if I should upgrade it, can you recomend any? I am also having a tough time trying to chose a color, but that is personal. On one hand, I want something totally custom and special, on the other hand, I kinda like clear with JH flying girl.
Related Forum Threads
- Hesitating to pull the trigger Last post on 3/11/13 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First CIEM Recommendations please - hybrid (which one?) or BA (how many drivers?) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best custom iem available money no object Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
So I just ordered a pair of JH 16 Pro's.... now what?post #1 of 3511/7/10 at 1:40pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3511/7/10 at 1:48pmpost #3 of 3511/7/10 at 1:50pmThread Starterpost #4 of 3511/7/10 at 2:20pmThread Starterpost #5 of 3511/7/10 at 2:25pmpost #6 of 3511/7/10 at 3:16pmThread Starter
I listen to music a lot. I currently own:
Monster Beats Pro
Monster Turbine Copper
Shure SE530 (although the cable broke)
I just decided to upgrade, but I don't want to be limited to my iphone's deficiencies, which is why I asked these questions. Don't see why anyone would simply say "you could try listening to music."post #7 of 3511/7/10 at 3:17pmpost #8 of 3511/7/10 at 3:22pmpost #9 of 3511/7/10 at 3:44pmThread StarterQuote:
Like this guy:post #10 of 3511/7/10 at 5:38pmpost #11 of 3511/7/10 at 6:03pmpost #12 of 3511/7/10 at 6:11pmpost #13 of 3511/7/10 at 6:46pmThread StarterQuote:
Like what, a HiFiMAN? Any other good music players that you can recomend?post #14 of 3511/7/10 at 6:47pmThread Starterpost #15 of 3511/7/10 at 6:59pmQuote:
Hifiman is an option. The S:flo2 is, from what I've heard, supposed to be pretty good. I personally think that Ipod Touch/iPhone sound quality is just fineReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I just ordered a pair of JH 16 Pro's.... now what?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear MonitorsNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 1 second ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 seconds ago
- › dx50 or ipod classic with a amp 23 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser 558, akg 550-701, v-moda 100, beyerdynamic... 31 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 34 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 41 seconds ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 1 minute ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude