Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Pro Review!l
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beats Pro Review!l - Page 9

post #121 of 171

This isn't the usual Beats-bashing (although I love that sport). The OP doesn't need someone telling him the Pros aren't the greatest thing ever, he needs opinion on his intended upgrade.

post #122 of 171

Never has a headphone that reaches the recognizability of ibud. So essentially, you are paying $400 so people know you can drop $400 on headphones. SQ vs price is always relative. Difference between Pros and HD800 is price tier. $400 may be expensive for those who can kind of afford it. $1000 is not expensive for the others who can afford it. People have different demand and usage at these price levels.

 

Head-fi has it's own values... mostly.

 

I am feel so guilty for bumping this thread.

I will go put on my Z1000 now...

post #123 of 171

I use my beats pros as a way to convince people there is better options.

post #124 of 171

i kinda wanna buy pink beats just for the looks. but ill probably just buy hd 600s with that money instead

 

i still wonder how beats  sound off a WA6SE with my dac.....

post #125 of 171

After many years scientists have come up with the perfect product description to sell beats.

 

Sh1+

post #126 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post

After many years scientists have come up with the perfect product description to sell beats.

 

Sh1+



Screen shot 2011-12-15 at 1.23.49 PM.png

 

"and listen to the music the way they should: the way I do." - Dr. Dre.

P.S. The world revolves around me, so you should do what I do.

post #127 of 171

atsmile.gifBump?

 

Oh how I love a nice long thread. Made for a good read. 

 

I am going to chime in and say that I do enjoy my Beats Pro very much. I have listened to other brands and I can say that yes, there are others that sound better than the Pros. HOWEVER, for my music tastes and listening preferences, I thoroughly enjoy my Beats Pro and the sound they produce. I had the Studios first and returned them because of the build quality and over emphasis on bass. They also leaked more than I liked. I then tested out a friend of mine who had the Pros and after offering him a six pack to let me borrow them for a week for a test drive, I was able to give them a good run through. And I was impressed. Compared to the Studios I was really quite pleased. After my week long period with them I bought my own. And I did not pay 400+ for them. I paid 250 via the Monster Outlet Store. I believe that price was more in line with what they should cost.

 

What irks me is when I read that people generalize us Beats wearers are those who want to show off to the world "HEY! Look at me! I am wearing Beats! And you KNOW they cost a truck load of money! Weeeee!" Maybe some do, in fact I know some do. I work for a major airline and see 700 plus people a day. Many have Beats and many clearly just dont care about what kind of sound they are getting. They wear them for style (which is something that I dont hold against a user). Some people like to coordinate their outfits and style with other accessories. More power to them. 

 

Then you come across a user like me who happens to LIKE what the Beats Pro supply me and I get classified under someone who is out there to show others that I am hot **** because of the headphones I am wearing...Ugh.

 

Either way this who Beats debate will never die. I leave ya'll with what I usually share with my cellphone forum buddies. To each his/her own. If you like em, enjoy em.

post #128 of 171

The Beats Pro I listened to sounded pretty nice, I just thought they didn't sound as good as others in the same price range. But of course we all have different ears, so I'm sure some will have the opinion that they're better.

post #129 of 171

denon d2000 better imo

post #130 of 171

I have to say first off that I don't like Beats every time I have auditioned the headphones I have been underwhelmed with them BUT I don't listen to music that most Beats users do.

 

For the people that say Beats are the best without trying anything else I have no more sympathy or respect for than the people that blindly antagonize happy Beats users would are humble enough.

post #131 of 171

Yea, like beats pro are also a ideal headphone for drummers, as they've got some pretty decent passive noise cancellation, and they're really durable so it would mind if the stick hit them (i've done that in many occasions). 

post #132 of 171

I have chance to borrow a genuine Beats Pro from my friend for several months. My friend bought it at local Apple Store for $399.

I listen to the Beat Pro with my Apple iPod (5th generation).

 

Below is my honest opinion about the Beats Pro.:

 

A) In general

===========

1) Price: It is rather expensive and not many people can accept this price.

Another perception about Beats Pro is that this headphone is made by company (MONSTER) who're not really specialized in headphones.

Imagine if Beats Pro is made by Audio Technical or Sennheiser, for sure you will judge differently.

 

 

2) Overall Build: Solidly built with high quality materials such as aluminum chassis.

So far there is no headphone in the market that looks similar to Beats Pro's design.

 

 

3) Comfortability: It's relatively heavy because most of the headphones are made of plastic that may looks cheap bur Beats Pro built like a tank.
It is not suitable if you have a pair of big ears.

 

4) Resale value: It has a better resale value comparing to other mid/high end headphones in the same category.

Be careful of the cheap Beats Pro, most likely they could be fake. In fact for fake Beats Pro, you can get it new like $80.00 from China.
I have no comment about its sound.

 

B) Sound Quality

================

What about the performance of the a genuine Beats Pro?

From my listening experience, I have quite a similar opinion like "mastershake2393":

 

1) Bass (Low): It has a very heavy, deep & tight bass comparing to other headphones that I have ever tried. Even the Audio Technical such as M50 or Pro700Mk2 did not come close. I believe that Beats Pro has been tuned to such unique characteristics.

 

2) Mids Tone: It is just good (decent) but not the best. However, the detail is not that bad too. Sometimes the bass does bleed into mids.

 

3) Treble (High Tone): This is the weakest element in Beats Pro. However, it is not tha bad.

 

However the shortcoming in Mids & High in Beats Pro can be easily solved by using a good portable amp such as Alo's Rx-MK3-B or RSA SR-71B. Then it would be a very impressive headphones.

 

In conclusion, if you like electronic music, dance/trance, hip-hop , pop & new wave & you crazy about Beat Pro unique bass , and you're willing to spend for a good headphone amp., and you also see the value of Beat Pro, then this is  a great headphone for you.

post #133 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdminpdx View Post

atsmile.gifBump?

 

Oh how I love a nice long thread. Made for a good read. 

 

I am going to chime in and say that I do enjoy my Beats Pro very much. I have listened to other brands and I can say that yes, there are others that sound better than the Pros. HOWEVER, for my music tastes and listening preferences, I thoroughly enjoy my Beats Pro and the sound they produce. I had the Studios first and returned them because of the build quality and over emphasis on bass. They also leaked more than I liked. I then tested out a friend of mine who had the Pros and after offering him a six pack to let me borrow them for a week for a test drive, I was able to give them a good run through. And I was impressed. Compared to the Studios I was really quite pleased. After my week long period with them I bought my own. And I did not pay 400+ for them. I paid 250 via the Monster Outlet Store. I believe that price was more in line with what they should cost.

 

What irks me is when I read that people generalize us Beats wearers are those who want to show off to the world "HEY! Look at me! I am wearing Beats! And you KNOW they cost a truck load of money! Weeeee!" Maybe some do, in fact I know some do. I work for a major airline and see 700 plus people a day. Many have Beats and many clearly just dont care about what kind of sound they are getting. They wear them for style (which is something that I dont hold against a user). Some people like to coordinate their outfits and style with other accessories. More power to them. 

 

Then you come across a user like me who happens to LIKE what the Beats Pro supply me and I get classified under someone who is out there to show others that I am hot **** because of the headphones I am wearing...Ugh.

 

Either way this who Beats debate will never die. I leave ya'll with what I usually share with my cellphone forum buddies. To each his/her own. If you like em, enjoy em.

     I absolutely second that. It makes us seem like people who just wear it for style. Even in my area I see many a person glance at me and it makes you wonder what that person might be thinking. It really makes you shudder when you think that they're thinking that you're a victim of brand names. Sure, some do say that they're good if you get them cheap (and I did), but others just hate on you whether or not they've actually heard it. Even if they say they did, they probably already own headphones that trump all else, so... However, like what you said, to each their own.

     I'm actually quite glad that both you and the OP somewhat share the same thoughts that I do. I guess we're part of the same group here: the people who actually appreciate what the Beats headphones can do.

 

Quote:
Screen shot 2011-12-15 at 1.23.49 PM.png

 

"and listen to the music the way they should: the way I do." - Dr. Dre.

P.S. The world revolves around me, so you should do what I do.

I actually LOL'd at this. But to be honest, I actually think that Dr. Dre's part is only as an endorser and a guy who gets a part of the revenue. I don't think that he had any part in the production of the sound signature of Beats. Personally, I think that it's Jimmy Iovine that's making this brand what it is. Even though Dre is a producer of rap and hip-hop music, I think he doesn't even use the Beats in his studio unless there are interviews. It's Jimmy; it's all Jimmy.

 

OMG! One year BUMP!

deadhorse.gif(bump bump bump...)

post #134 of 171

The Pros are definitely the best of the Beats line. The sound is not bad. The problem comes when you look at the competition in their price range. I think it would be difficult to find another headphone in the same price range that doesn't sound better. There are lots of great sounding choices in the sub $100 range that will sound just as good or better with hip-hop with lots of bass. Its not like the Pros have some kind of unique sound signature unlike anything else out there. For $400 you can get true audiophile class headphones, or you can get something stylish (for now) with mediocre sound quality.

post #135 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallentx View Post

The Pros are definitely the best of the Beats line. The sound is not bad. The problem comes when you look at the competition in their price range. I think it would be difficult to find another headphone in the same price range that doesn't sound better. There are lots of great sounding choices in the sub $100 range that will sound just as good or better with hip-hop with lots of bass. Its not like the Pros have some kind of unique sound signature unlike anything else out there. For $400 you can get true audiophile class headphones, or you can get something stylish (for now) with mediocre sound quality.

     I know, and I think that's why Beats gets so much hate from many a community (like Head-Fi... : \). But let me tell you: some people just go too far with it and simply yell that is your face even if you're not paying full price.

     The Beats hate is prevalent in many forms all across the Internet. Reviews, check. Forums, check. Q&A sites, check. Video comments, check. It feels both saddening and right. Sure, the Studios and Solos are basically junk, but now everything that comes after it has to bear their predecessors' weight whilst pulling their own. It's kinda why you don't find many people who have Pros or Mixrs around. The mere fact that the plastic kinds have generated so much hate really makes me feel uneasy when I walk out on the streets donning these headphones....I can only wish to buy better heapdhones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Pro Review!l