Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › IEM or head phone around $ 100?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IEM or head phone around $ 100? - Page 2

post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 

Thanks Kadano, I'll look into it. Btw, the post I linked does say that the build of Xcape looks like it's made from the same factory as Re0 (cables/housing), only the design has a cleaner and solid look.

post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 

After going through the multi-iem thread again, I think I wil go for the Panasonic RP-HJE900, only $ 90, any advice?

post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoj View Post

After going through the multi-iem thread again, I think I wil go for the Panasonic RP-HJE900, only $ 90, any advice?

I think that trying different iems is the best case scenario for you so you get to see for yourself what type of sound signature you are looking for. Most places have a return policy so that'll probably give you a chance to try out many iems. The Reos get a lot of respect for a reason..their msrp was like $160 and they rival other top tier iems.
 

post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFallenAngelXx View Post

I think that trying different iems is the best case scenario for you so you get to see for yourself what type of sound signature you are looking for. Most places have a return policy so that'll probably give you a chance to try out many iems. The Reos get a lot of respect for a reason..their msrp was like $160 and they rival other top tier iems.
 


If only that was possible in Belgium :) There are a few big multimedia centers, but the only iem brands you'll find there are Bose, Sennheiser, Skullcandy, Philips,.. I can't test out the Re0, nor the Panasonic, nor the M3 without paying a lot of shipping costs to return it.

 

I updated my IEM list.


Edited by Skoj - 11/17/10 at 4:49am
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoj View Post

If only that was possible in Belgium :) There are a few big multimedia centers, but the only iem brands you'll find there are Bose, Sennheiser, Skullcandy, Philips,.. I can't test out the Re0, nor the Panasonic, nor the M3 without paying a lot of shipping costs to return it.

 

I updated my IEM list.


Aww that stinks..maybe you can keep an eye out for any local meets in your area if they have any? I wish you the best of luck..also if you research extensively you might be able to find what you're looking for based on what other people look for in their iems.

post #21 of 24


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoj View Post


If only that was possible in Belgium :) There are a few big multimedia centers, but the only iem brands you'll find there are Bose, Sennheiser, Skullcandy, Philips,.. I can't test out the Re0, nor the Panasonic, nor the M3 without paying a lot of shipping costs to return it.

 

I updated my IEM list.

I think you should focus on the most important specs for you and if you're not sure about the sound you like, you could try some IEM around 50$ and see what signature fits to your taste before buying in the 100$ price range.
 

post #22 of 24
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac2003 View Post

Also, did you see the Sunrise SW-Xcape. That could be an option, as it's a warmer RE0 like in-ear.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post

... sunrise is also a contender at that price it all depends on what are your sound priorities and likes

 

After reading this comparison thread, I ruled out the Panasonic HJE900 and bought the Sunrise Xcape. Thanks everyone! biggrin.gif

post #23 of 24

Good choice, you won't be disappointed, its only weakness would be microphonics, but not so important if worn over the ear and using the clip.

post #24 of 24

I hope you enjoy them! smily_headphones1.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › IEM or head phone around $ 100?