I see, thanks for the answer.. Should I buy an adapter with a cord, like those grado ones often purchased along headphones on amazon or is the one that comes with the headphones good enough?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 11/8/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 11/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 515 Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia Last post on 2/20/12 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help me pick an AMP ! Last post on 10/5/12 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- if someone familiar with hd650+600 and denon please take a look Last post on 9/22/11 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- simple fiio e7/e9 question Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphones for Fiio E7 + E9 Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
FiiO E9 Review - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 131611/12/10 at 10:02am
The 3.5mm jack is for lower impedance phones like IEM's, D2000's, Grados etc hence the in line resistor.... the 6.3mm jack I assume would be for stuff like 600ohm Beyers etc.....
Just ordering mine now :)post #123 of 131611/12/10 at 10:07amQuote:
The stock adapter is good. You will not need another.post #124 of 131611/12/10 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Jack-MiccaQuote:Originally Posted by Oddworld
Riku540, I read that you're on your second unit because of the E9/E7 connection. How's your second unit?
James, if I want to use the Bass Boost of the E7, and I plug in the E7 to the 3.5 input, what volume should the E7 be set to so that it can act as a "line out"
Micca suggested:Quote:This is definitely one way that the E7 can be used with the E9. You might get a bit more background hiss when connected like this but the sound should still be very good, and you will get to use the E7's EQ. If do this, set the E7's volume to level 56 or above and use the volume on the E9 to control listening level.
Would you suggest this too? Is 56 too high? I was thinking 10 / 60
We inspected Riku's return unit and found that the E7 was the cause of the issue. The E9 unit was fine, however.
When you use the E7's headphone output to feed the E9, you want as high an output from the E7 as possible for best signal quality. 56 is unity gain from the built in E7 amp chip. I think anything between 56 to 60 should be fine.
Thanks, Jack. I bought both mine through Amazon, which I think buys from Micca or is partenered with them. Glad both Micca and Fiio are so helpful!post #125 of 131611/12/10 at 10:20am
I have been listening to various kinds of musics through my HD555/E7/E9 for more than 8 hours today, and I don't feel fatigue at all. Actually the more I listened, the more I liked this little cute yet powerful set.
What I want to say is, while I do appreciate the simple and clean ergonic design of E9, I feel something is missing from the panel or top surface or side surface, a FIIO logo. Let me tell you, James, you should be proud of your brand enough to put it on a visible surface of your products. Not necessarilly big, but it should be there. Just a penny for my thought.
Edited by minorityzune - 11/12/10 at 3:13pmpost #126 of 131611/12/10 at 10:35am
So I stopped using pink noise to burn in both the DT990 and E9. I now switched to a random mix of my entire music library to burn both in until my DT770/600 comes in.
This combo is kicking some serious ass. The treble is definitely more in tune than when I first got my E9 (as well my DT990 still being relatively new).
Let's just say that the DT990 will get 95% from now on.
I LOVE the E9!post #127 of 131611/12/10 at 11:24am
Wow, mine just got in the mail. Been listening about an hour. Its fantastic! Its so powerful!
I have the K702's do you suggest using E9 on low gain (switch down) or high gain (switch up)?
Edited by Oddworld - 11/12/10 at 11:32ampost #128 of 131611/12/10 at 11:38ampost #129 of 131611/12/10 at 12:15pmQuote:
Which ever gets you closest to the 9-12 o'clock range at your comfortable listening level. For me and my K702 that's the low gain setting.
Jackpost #130 of 131611/12/10 at 1:37pm
I am curious ...my D1 provide ample power to the AKG K702 but the bass is somewhat uncontrolled and lacking the texture(in some songs)
...will the bass response with this be good. or will it be the same ...people with E9, K702/1 and D1, can only answer this .. or should i look somewhere else.post #131 of 131611/12/10 at 1:37pmpost #132 of 131611/12/10 at 2:36pm
Does the usb that comes with the E9, have ferrites on it?
Also how is the E7 powered when docked on the E9, though the E9's mains power or though the usb?.
Edited by JRG1990 - 11/12/10 at 2:53pmpost #133 of 131611/12/10 at 7:59pmQuote:
1,Yes, it have ferries on it!
2, When the E9 is power on, E7 is powered by E9, and when E9 is off , E7 is charged by USB power !post #134 of 131611/12/10 at 8:11pmpost #135 of 131611/13/10 at 2:13am
As some of you might know, I ordered my Fiio amp/dac bundle from mp4nation on november the 9th. It was shipped on nov the 10th and I was able to see it's status on the post office website today, after 3 days. The current status is: "The item is being processed for delivery". I shall keep you guys posted about my delivery status, unless someone tells me otherwise, because I think it may be interesting for other people to know.
Just an FYI, I'm from Brazil and customs service is very slow, wild (high taxes everywhere) and inefficient on my country.
Edited by loganirado - 11/13/10 at 2:15am
- FiiO E9 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 12 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 27 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 38 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)