I see, thanks for the answer.. Should I buy an adapter with a cord, like those grado ones often purchased along headphones on amazon or is the one that comes with the headphones good enough?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 11/8/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 11/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 515 Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia Last post on 2/20/12 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help me pick an AMP ! Last post on 10/5/12 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- if someone familiar with hd650+600 and denon please take a look Last post on 9/22/11 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- simple fiio e7/e9 question Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphones for Fiio E7 + E9 Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
FiiO E9 Review - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 132011/12/10 at 10:02am
The 3.5mm jack is for lower impedance phones like IEM's, D2000's, Grados etc hence the in line resistor.... the 6.3mm jack I assume would be for stuff like 600ohm Beyers etc.....
Just ordering mine now :)post #123 of 132011/12/10 at 10:07amQuote:
The stock adapter is good. You will not need another.post #124 of 132011/12/10 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Jack-MiccaQuote:Originally Posted by Oddworld
Riku540, I read that you're on your second unit because of the E9/E7 connection. How's your second unit?
James, if I want to use the Bass Boost of the E7, and I plug in the E7 to the 3.5 input, what volume should the E7 be set to so that it can act as a "line out"
Micca suggested:Quote:This is definitely one way that the E7 can be used with the E9. You might get a bit more background hiss when connected like this but the sound should still be very good, and you will get to use the E7's EQ. If do this, set the E7's volume to level 56 or above and use the volume on the E9 to control listening level.
Would you suggest this too? Is 56 too high? I was thinking 10 / 60
We inspected Riku's return unit and found that the E7 was the cause of the issue. The E9 unit was fine, however.
When you use the E7's headphone output to feed the E9, you want as high an output from the E7 as possible for best signal quality. 56 is unity gain from the built in E7 amp chip. I think anything between 56 to 60 should be fine.
Thanks, Jack. I bought both mine through Amazon, which I think buys from Micca or is partenered with them. Glad both Micca and Fiio are so helpful!post #125 of 132011/12/10 at 10:20am
I have been listening to various kinds of musics through my HD555/E7/E9 for more than 8 hours today, and I don't feel fatigue at all. Actually the more I listened, the more I liked this little cute yet powerful set.
What I want to say is, while I do appreciate the simple and clean ergonic design of E9, I feel something is missing from the panel or top surface or side surface, a FIIO logo. Let me tell you, James, you should be proud of your brand enough to put it on a visible surface of your products. Not necessarilly big, but it should be there. Just a penny for my thought.
Edited by minorityzune - 11/12/10 at 3:13pmpost #126 of 132011/12/10 at 10:35am
So I stopped using pink noise to burn in both the DT990 and E9. I now switched to a random mix of my entire music library to burn both in until my DT770/600 comes in.
This combo is kicking some serious ass. The treble is definitely more in tune than when I first got my E9 (as well my DT990 still being relatively new).
Let's just say that the DT990 will get 95% from now on.
I LOVE the E9!post #127 of 132011/12/10 at 11:24am
Wow, mine just got in the mail. Been listening about an hour. Its fantastic! Its so powerful!
I have the K702's do you suggest using E9 on low gain (switch down) or high gain (switch up)?
Edited by Oddworld - 11/12/10 at 11:32ampost #128 of 132011/12/10 at 11:38ampost #129 of 132011/12/10 at 12:15pmQuote:
Which ever gets you closest to the 9-12 o'clock range at your comfortable listening level. For me and my K702 that's the low gain setting.
Jackpost #130 of 132011/12/10 at 1:37pm
I am curious ...my D1 provide ample power to the AKG K702 but the bass is somewhat uncontrolled and lacking the texture(in some songs)
...will the bass response with this be good. or will it be the same ...people with E9, K702/1 and D1, can only answer this .. or should i look somewhere else.post #131 of 132011/12/10 at 1:37pmpost #132 of 132011/12/10 at 2:36pm
Does the usb that comes with the E9, have ferrites on it?
Also how is the E7 powered when docked on the E9, though the E9's mains power or though the usb?.
Edited by JRG1990 - 11/12/10 at 2:53pmpost #133 of 132011/12/10 at 7:59pmQuote:
1,Yes, it have ferries on it!
2, When the E9 is power on, E7 is powered by E9, and when E9 is off , E7 is charged by USB power !post #134 of 132011/12/10 at 8:11pmpost #135 of 132011/13/10 at 2:13am
As some of you might know, I ordered my Fiio amp/dac bundle from mp4nation on november the 9th. It was shipped on nov the 10th and I was able to see it's status on the post office website today, after 3 days. The current status is: "The item is being processed for delivery". I shall keep you guys posted about my delivery status, unless someone tells me otherwise, because I think it may be interesting for other people to know.
Just an FYI, I'm from Brazil and customs service is very slow, wild (high taxes everywhere) and inefficient on my country.
Edited by loganirado - 11/13/10 at 2:15am
- FiiO E9 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap audiophile laptop 3 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads & general... 6 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)