Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › FiiO E9 Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E9 Review - Page 76

post #1126 of 1320

I wonder if feiao James can tell me where i can buy a 2-pin euro power adaptor for my E9. I am in France and am using the E9 with a UK block through an adaptor.

post #1127 of 1320
Quote:
Originally Posted by finemind View Post

I wonder if feiao James can tell me where i can buy a 2-pin euro power adaptor for my E9. I am in France and am using the E9 with a UK block through an adaptor.



http://s.dealextreme.com/search/power+adaptor.html?category=403, it is the best way to get a power adapter, btw, we have 3 versions of E9, UK, EU and US standard, please ask the dealer before you buy our E9, 

 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

post #1128 of 1320


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post





...we have 3 versions of E9, UK, EU and US standard, please ask the dealer before you buy our E9, 

 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 


 

Not knowing this I have bought my E9i from a seller in England but I live in Europe! How can I check what version I have? Are there any internal differences or just the adapter?

 

If so I think you should have made it clear for buyers... I had done a lot of reading before I ordered the amps and I haven't seen it anywhere... At least it should be mentioned in your site...


Edited by DomieMic65 - 1/1/12 at 3:22am
post #1129 of 1320

Coming from hi-end audio, been there done that...Krell, Audio Research, BAT, Classe, Bryston...Martin logan, Sonus Faber, Apogee...I am very surprised at the above comment.

 

For less than $100.00, the FiiO E9 is a good value for what it is. I do not understand people who like to trash equipments just because there is no Hi-end brand name associated with the gear.

 

I have been using the E9 with the lowly JVC HARX 700 to listen to Spotify via my Imac and I am very pleased with the combination. True there is better and much better amp/DAC outhere but from the price to performance ratio, the E 9 and E10 are worth every penny .

 

Want real sound stage go get some old Apogee or Martin logan. Let's be real.

post #1130 of 1320

@ ACDOAN

...you mean my comment?

It didn't have to do with the sound quality of the E9. I totally agree with you .. for the money it's great!!

 

I was just wondering (and still do) about the different versions of the amp regarding the UK, EU, USA as the manufacturer stated 3 posts up!

 

post #1131 of 1320
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomieMic65 View Post

@ ACDOAN

...you mean my comment?

It didn't have to do with the sound quality of the E9. I totally agree with you .. for the money it's great!!

 

I was just wondering (and still do) about the different versions of the amp regarding the UK, EU, USA as the manufacturer stated 3 posts up!

 



I think he was referring to poster a page or two who was really trashing the E9.

post #1132 of 1320

Oh yes... I see!!

post #1133 of 1320

I actually have a pair of K701s and I have ALREADY decided to buy the E7 + E9. After i realized how much it costs and what it does, I will most definitely get it. But since youve done some real listening of your 701 on it, how would you compare the sound to a much better (more expensive) amp for example?

 

BTW, this amp being so appealing, I dont think that even a better one for the same price would change my mind.

post #1134 of 1320
I think the K701 sounded too dry and analytical off the E7/E9. It really deserves something to warm it up, like a tube amp. The E9 is better left for headphones with a full bodied sound signature.

The E9 is also somewhat dynamic in the mid area (quite upfront), so the mids REALLY take the stage with the K701.
post #1135 of 1320

I hate the power supply of the E9 with the el-cheapo ac cord and the adapter. Is there a better a/c voltage adapter that will work with the E9 ? I am talking about something that looks like my Laptop a/c voltage adapter.

 

post #1136 of 1320

Eh?

Owners of FiiO e7+e9 combo, do you leave the E7 charging all the time or turn off the charging function when the battery is full and turn it on when the battery is low?

I am curious which way will be the best to preserve the battery life.

post #1137 of 1320

I had USB charging disabled on mine, when I used it with the E9. But I never used it as portable amp, so battery life wasn't a problem... rolleyes.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray92 View Post

Eh?

Owners of FiiO e7+e9 combo, do you leave the E7 charging all the time or turn off the charging function when the battery is full and turn it on when the battery is low?

I am curious which way will be the best to preserve the battery life.



 

post #1138 of 1320
Quote:

Originally Posted by ACDOAN View Post

 

For less than $100.00, the FiiO E9 is a good value for what it is. I do not understand people who like to trash equipments just because there is no Hi-end brand name associated with the gear.

 

 

 

Sadly, you will find them in every hobby that involves cash being exchanged for gear. Initially, I also believe there was a guerilla campaign being waged by 'name' manufacturers against anything coming out of China - given that a lot of their own gear is now manufactured in the same factories, I believe (hope ?) that trend may be on the way out.

 

My perception now is that the remaining 'hi end' is seriously high-end : hand-made components milled out of a single hunk of aluminium by the last Swiss craftsmen on earth etc. Even with a flagging Euro, the sticker price on some of that kit makes me giddy, but I'm sure Ferrari owners don't glance at the Hyundai in the lane next to them and think 'Wow - I'll bet that represents fantastic VFM !'.

post #1139 of 1320


Mine is exhibiting exactly the same behavior though I wouldn't call the noise loud. For a while, I thought one of my hard drives was writing--that's kind of what it sounded like. Then I figured out it was the E9.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujja View Post

Noisy power adapter !!

 

Been using the E9 for a week and when on standby there is a loud high pitched buzzing sound coming from the power adapter. When the knob is turned on the sound completely disappears. Because of this I've been leaving the amp on as it's not easy getting to the wall plug to turn it off.

 

Does anyone else's power adapter make a buzzing sound or is mine faulty?

 

Thanks



 

post #1140 of 1320
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpopper View Post


Mine is exhibiting exactly the same behavior though I wouldn't call the noise loud. For a while, I thought one of my hard drives was writing--that's kind of what it sounded like. Then I figured out it was the E9.

 



 

 

Odd, I don't have this problem.
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › FiiO E9 Review