It looks like i'm gonna go with either the M1 or M3, right now i have the MEE M9s and they have a bit too much bass so the M2s seem to be the odd man out. Anyone heard the M9s and can compare them??
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz M1: Best Budget IEM? (Review) Last post on 9/26/11 at 5:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce ne-700x or Brainwavz m2? Last post on 8/9/11 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM around 70$ to100$ Last post on 1/7/11 at 8:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Brainwavz M3 Last post on 12/14/10 at 1:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
Brainwavz M3 Review - Page 6post #76 of 929/3/11 at 5:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 929/5/11 at 1:45pmThread Starterpost #78 of 9211/30/11 at 3:35pm
Ok guys, So I got my M3s today, did a very little listening session before burn in... Overall is pretty much what I expected, The bass and the highs are way better than on my PX-100, mids are sweet! I found the sound pretty balanced. I wonder if they will significantly improve after burn in.
Nevertheless I have to confess that I'm an IEM newbie, these are my first pair! The thing is.... how the f... do you handle the cable memory? I'm wearing them over the ear and the cable just keeps twisting, it really pisses me off.... do you have any advice on this?
Also, I understand IEMs are somehow "fragile" , do you have any advice to make them last longer? My PX-100s are in perfect shape and they are 6 years old... I'm pretty careful with my gear.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by ljperez84 - 11/30/11 at 3:42pmpost #79 of 9212/1/11 at 11:58am
My advice for the cable memory is to get a very small rubber band (black obviously) and use it as a "chin slider" to keep the headphones taught under your chin and over your ears. You'll have to fold it over and over itself to get it tight enough, but the rubber holds it in place pretty well. The smaller the band, the better obviously! That's what I had to do with my M3s.post #80 of 9212/1/11 at 5:43pm
@dbdyntsty25 Thanks! I'll try that,
Did any of you feel a downgrade in performance during burn in? My M3s have been burnning in for about 20 hours and I could almost swear that they were sounding a bit better out of the box.
Placebo effect of new headphones? My hearing is not very good today? What do you guys think?
Edited by ljperez84 - 12/1/11 at 5:44pmpost #81 of 9211/30/12 at 5:39ampost #82 of 9212/2/12 at 5:05amThread Starterpost #83 of 921/27/13 at 1:51pmpost #84 of 921/29/13 at 7:58amThread Starter
no i dont think so but if i had to guess senns tend to be quite V shaped. the cx400 should be fairly low end. the 870 not sure and the ie4 i saw said it was basically a cx500 but there is very little on them.
the m3 is likely to be much more balanced and guessing they are likely to be better sounding for the money. (i am guessing they all about the same price since you asked about them)post #85 of 922/5/13 at 1:14pmpost #86 of 924/7/13 at 10:52pmpost #87 of 924/15/13 at 9:18pm
I just want to say that I really love my Brainwavz M3s. This for me is the best bang for the buck purchase I ever made. I upgraded my IEM to a much more expensive one but I never got rid of the M3 and still listen to it from time to time. Truly great!post #88 of 924/18/13 at 6:18am
I got my M3's when they were first released, and put them through alot of wear and tear. They survived alot of abuse, but they survived THIS far before crumbling in my bag. The suckers are pretty darn resilient.
I am going to buy another pair, seriously these little ear phones don't make me miss my more powerful system. Their clarity is excellent, bass is extremely punchy(not muddy and dull like dedicated bass phones). Sound stage is preserved very well, probably the most 3 dimensional sound staging I have heard (given the song treats your eats to such noise).
Seriously if you only use one earphone/headphone these could seriously be IT. Just don't expect to pair it with a powerful amp(the amp powering most headphone jacks is good enough anyway).
Edited by ninjikiran - 4/18/13 at 6:25ampost #89 of 928/7/13 at 7:37pmpost #90 of 928/9/13 at 1:34amQuote:
Do you get the same exact noise when you listen to the same audio files on different devices (i.e. your PC, phone, mp3 player etc).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz M3 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 3 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 10 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 11 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 12 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 13 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 13 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)