It looks like i'm gonna go with either the M1 or M3, right now i have the MEE M9s and they have a bit too much bass so the M2s seem to be the odd man out. Anyone heard the M9s and can compare them??
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz M1: Best Budget IEM? (Review) Last post on 9/26/11 at 5:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce ne-700x or Brainwavz m2? Last post on 8/9/11 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM around 70$ to100$ Last post on 1/7/11 at 8:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Brainwavz M3 Last post on 12/14/10 at 1:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction:The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Brainwavz M3 Review - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok guys, So I got my M3s today, did a very little listening session before burn in... Overall is pretty much what I expected, The bass and the highs are way better than on my PX-100, mids are sweet! I found the sound pretty balanced. I wonder if they will significantly improve after burn in.
Nevertheless I have to confess that I'm an IEM newbie, these are my first pair! The thing is.... how the f... do you handle the cable memory? I'm wearing them over the ear and the cable just keeps twisting, it really pisses me off.... do you have any advice on this?
Also, I understand IEMs are somehow "fragile" , do you have any advice to make them last longer? My PX-100s are in perfect shape and they are 6 years old... I'm pretty careful with my gear.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by ljperez84 - 11/30/11 at 3:42pm
My advice for the cable memory is to get a very small rubber band (black obviously) and use it as a "chin slider" to keep the headphones taught under your chin and over your ears. You'll have to fold it over and over itself to get it tight enough, but the rubber holds it in place pretty well. The smaller the band, the better obviously! That's what I had to do with my M3s.
@dbdyntsty25 Thanks! I'll try that,
Did any of you feel a downgrade in performance during burn in? My M3s have been burnning in for about 20 hours and I could almost swear that they were sounding a bit better out of the box.
Placebo effect of new headphones? My hearing is not very good today? What do you guys think?
Edited by ljperez84 - 12/1/11 at 5:44pm
no i dont think so but if i had to guess senns tend to be quite V shaped. the cx400 should be fairly low end. the 870 not sure and the ie4 i saw said it was basically a cx500 but there is very little on them.
the m3 is likely to be much more balanced and guessing they are likely to be better sounding for the money. (i am guessing they all about the same price since you asked about them)
I just want to say that I really love my Brainwavz M3s. This for me is the best bang for the buck purchase I ever made. I upgraded my IEM to a much more expensive one but I never got rid of the M3 and still listen to it from time to time. Truly great!
I got my M3's when they were first released, and put them through alot of wear and tear. They survived alot of abuse, but they survived THIS far before crumbling in my bag. The suckers are pretty darn resilient.
I am going to buy another pair, seriously these little ear phones don't make me miss my more powerful system. Their clarity is excellent, bass is extremely punchy(not muddy and dull like dedicated bass phones). Sound stage is preserved very well, probably the most 3 dimensional sound staging I have heard (given the song treats your eats to such noise).
Seriously if you only use one earphone/headphone these could seriously be IT. Just don't expect to pair it with a powerful amp(the amp powering most headphone jacks is good enough anyway).
Edited by ninjikiran - 4/18/13 at 6:25am
Do you get the same exact noise when you listen to the same audio files on different devices (i.e. your PC, phone, mp3 player etc).
- Brainwavz M3 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 18 seconds ago
- › WTB: Sony PHA-3 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Quick Sale: PS Audio Digital Link 3 3 minutes ago
- › What's a good DAC for my DarkVoice 336SE ? 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 5 minutes ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)