New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

a step up from klipsch s4

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I'm currently looking for an upgrade to my s4. I am currently going for the hje900 or the re0 but I am open to suggestions. What I'm looking for is similar to what someone previously posted in a thread a while back

1. Does not sound bloated (i.e overly boomy and/or rolled off highs) 2. Has very good to great detail in the highs 3. Mids that are not recessed but not too forward or honky sounding 3. Tight punchy bass. I'd take less quantity if the quality was great, however, I do prefer the tight punchy bass you can feel 4. wide and deep soundstage a definite plus

I mostly listen to rock, blues, hip hop and indie

Aldo I'm wondering whether the panny's are really a step up from the s4.
post #2 of 11

Panasonic HJE900 are fine but REO bass may not be same what you looking for, so to me Klisch Custom 3 willbe fit in better if the whole frequency balance you neeeded with deep punchy bass. Also some more IEMs are great choice like DBA-02, MC5, RE-ZERO, Image X5, PFE112 and SA6. BTW all qualities you looking for in IEMs like wide soundstage, deep punchy bass, great mids and clean extended highs without AMPs help then FX700 the right IEMs but for really wide soundstage, deep punchy bass, good mids and highs Radius DDMs are quality IEMs with excelent price and they are little behind than FX700.

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
How would the pfe mc5 and rezero compare to my sound specifications?
post #4 of 11

I recommend klipsch custom 3 , it will fill all your criteria that you are looking for and it sounds great .

post #5 of 11

The HJE900's are definitely a step up from the S4, I'd suggest them as an upgrade.  I preferred the Westone 2 to the Custom 3, it has a little more life and bass impact than the Klipsch C3.  If you want the "punch" stick with a dynamic, like the Panny's.  

post #6 of 11

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyRusso View Post

The HJE900's are definitely a step up from the S4, I'd suggest them as an upgrade.  I preferred the Westone 2 to the Custom 3, it has a little more life and bass impact than the Klipsch C3.  If you want the "punch" stick with a dynamic, like the Panny's.  

 

definitely agree. i have the s4's and hje900's, pannys are a significant upgrade from s4's and built like a tank. energetic sound, but the mids are slightly recessed on the panny's. only real gripe is the cable is kind of short, 1m, but still a great value considering the current pricing.

 

i also tried the custom 3's before deciding on the westone 2's, besides liking the sound of the w2's more, the klipsch cables annoyed me, as they did with the s4.

 

the dba-02's, they seem intriguing based on what i've read and attractive pricing, but it's been tough to get a set, which makes me wonder if its this hard to buy them how would it be like trying to get warranty service if needed?
 

post #7 of 11

I got the Monster turbine pro coppers for about $225, and, at that price, they were a perfect step up from the s4 and have everything you're looking for.

post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd View Post
the dba-02's, they seem intriguing based on what i've read and attractive pricing, but it's been tough to get a set, which makes me wonder if its this hard to buy them how would it be like trying to get warranty service if needed?

 

I can assure you Bugden Audio (Fischer Audio marketer in North America) service is quite good. Heck Ethan from bugdenaudio frequently answers questions in the DBA-02 review thread and has even recabled some DBA's for some people.
 

post #9 of 11

I went to the turbines as an upgrade from the s4 and loved and love them. Great phones and def a step up from the s4. 

post #10 of 11

imo, the mc5 are a little bit lacking in the bass dept without an amp.  i like mine a lot but i always have to listen with an amp to get them to sound how i want.  the dba-02 is the same way for me.  their bass is better than the mc5 without an amp though. they do have tight bass like you wanted.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoszepp View Post

How would the pfe mc5 and rezero compare to my sound specifications?

Edited by mffl41 - 11/6/10 at 8:06pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisayaboi View Post



I can assure you Bugden Audio (Fischer Audio marketer in North America) service is quite good. Heck Ethan from bugdenaudio frequently answers questions in the DBA-02 review thread and has even recabled some DBA's for some people.
 

 

that's great to hear, but what is the best method to contact him? he hasn't replied to any of my emails regarding my order...which is why i've already ordered a different brand from another vendor.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: