Well I'm looking into other headphones lately, I have the Senn HD 448, but i want more rockish headphones, and i hear grado are like the quintessential rock headphones, so i was wondering what are the best pair for price, i don't have the budget for something like the RS2i but im thinking some where in the 100-250 range, I'm looking for around ear, are the... oh what are the called Alissandro? cans any good, or are they just repackaged SR125i's?
- brandGradotagged by System, 11/5/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 11/5/10
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/5/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 11/5/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/5/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/5/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sell everything for a RS1? Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buy sr225i/325is or Trade mspro for rs1i? Last post on 9/12/11 at 4:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help me create my dream setup Last post on 8/3/11 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD25 and then Grado sr80i Last post on 7/31/11 at 3:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- decent headphones for classic rock? Last post on 7/21/11 at 11:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
Best grados under 300$post #1 of 4411/5/10 at 8:34amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4411/5/10 at 9:17ampost #3 of 4411/5/10 at 9:53amThread Starterpost #4 of 4411/5/10 at 10:02am
Aren't you looking for the "best" Grado's under $300 like your title states? Well, there is no "best" unfortunately -- especially when it comes to Grado. (When it comes to "Grado" and "Price" -- it would be best to just ignore, as it's skewed)
Why? Well, the thread explains. All of the Grados under the "Reference Series" sound too similar to pick one and classify it as an all out "best". In fact, many say that cannot hear a difference between them. So you might be perfectly content with "just" the SR80i.
Edited by Katun - 11/5/10 at 10:04ampost #5 of 4411/5/10 at 10:05amThread Starter
.............I'm asking an opinion questing, that graph isn't help full, graphs are all but useless, they only give a general idea of what you might hear, not what you will actually hear.post #6 of 4411/5/10 at 10:18ampost #7 of 4411/5/10 at 10:23am
I'm a big fan of 325is with the big G-Cushions. I think it would be interesting for you to try 225i with the G-Cush. Soundstage would be more like the Senns but have the Grado punch. 2 cents.post #8 of 4411/5/10 at 10:39ampost #9 of 4411/5/10 at 10:44amThread StarterQuote:
Thank you, that's the kind of response i was looking for, so the 225i's with the G-cush you say? i thought that those cups were only for the 1k series, do All grado's use the same housing?
yes i did and that's the conclusion i came to.post #10 of 4411/5/10 at 10:45amThread StarterQuote:
ok thats cool, i was looking at them and they looked exactly like the SR 80i's so i was like....hmmmm.post #11 of 4411/5/10 at 10:47ampost #12 of 4411/5/10 at 10:54amThread Starter
OH REALLY!!! i was gonna say, i may go for a cheaper model of the grados like the 801 or the 125*tight on cash* and get some cups for them, i hate on ear headphones...like just the pads lol.post #13 of 4411/5/10 at 11:04am
I was going to do that exact same thing -- buy an SR80i with the $45 G-Cush pads. I needed to transform them into something other than "earpad". Like you, I absolutely cannot stand earpad headphones -- even super soft XB300.
Although, I ended up buying the SR80i without them -- as I had a feeling I wouldn't like Grados. Turns out, I was right, I didn't like them. But, I did learn that the stock pads are really not that bad. Perfectly fine for shorter sessions.
You might want to read up a bit on that transformation though. Some say they really cannot stand the G-Cush on the lower end models. But it may just be preference... (Then again, some really approve of the transformation)post #14 of 4411/5/10 at 11:12am
You're close to Portland. I would suggest a trip to 32 Ohm Audio and listen to the Grados yourself. That's the best way to find out and the best way to find out if the sound difference between the SR80 and SR225 and SR325 is worth the increase in price. I would also suggest trying each of the SR series headphones with both the comfies and the bowls. The models below the SR225 now come standard with comfies but you can buy the bowls separate if you prefer the sound with the bowls. I personally like the bowls and use some EQ to tame the treble that the bowls accentuate.post #15 of 4411/5/10 at 1:10pmThread Starter
thanks ham, yea i have looked into 32 ohm on there "web site" i have yet ot have a chance to go down there.... hopefully i ill for mah birth day!
- Best grados under 300$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) appreciation thread 8 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 pro VS Sony MA900 VS Beyerdynamic 990 pro 250ohm //... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 7 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 7 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)