Well I'm looking into other headphones lately, I have the Senn HD 448, but i want more rockish headphones, and i hear grado are like the quintessential rock headphones, so i was wondering what are the best pair for price, i don't have the budget for something like the RS2i but im thinking some where in the 100-250 range, I'm looking for around ear, are the... oh what are the called Alissandro? cans any good, or are they just repackaged SR125i's?
- brandGradotagged by System, 11/5/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 11/5/10
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/5/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 11/5/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/5/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/5/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sell everything for a RS1? Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buy sr225i/325is or Trade mspro for rs1i? Last post on 9/12/11 at 4:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help me create my dream setup Last post on 8/3/11 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD25 and then Grado sr80i Last post on 7/31/11 at 3:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- decent headphones for classic rock? Last post on 7/21/11 at 11:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
Best grados under 300$post #1 of 4411/5/10 at 8:34amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4411/5/10 at 9:17ampost #3 of 4411/5/10 at 9:53amThread Starterpost #4 of 4411/5/10 at 10:02am
Aren't you looking for the "best" Grado's under $300 like your title states? Well, there is no "best" unfortunately -- especially when it comes to Grado. (When it comes to "Grado" and "Price" -- it would be best to just ignore, as it's skewed)
Why? Well, the thread explains. All of the Grados under the "Reference Series" sound too similar to pick one and classify it as an all out "best". In fact, many say that cannot hear a difference between them. So you might be perfectly content with "just" the SR80i.
Edited by Katun - 11/5/10 at 10:04ampost #5 of 4411/5/10 at 10:05amThread Starter
.............I'm asking an opinion questing, that graph isn't help full, graphs are all but useless, they only give a general idea of what you might hear, not what you will actually hear.post #6 of 4411/5/10 at 10:18ampost #7 of 4411/5/10 at 10:23am
I'm a big fan of 325is with the big G-Cushions. I think it would be interesting for you to try 225i with the G-Cush. Soundstage would be more like the Senns but have the Grado punch. 2 cents.post #8 of 4411/5/10 at 10:39ampost #9 of 4411/5/10 at 10:44amThread StarterQuote:
Thank you, that's the kind of response i was looking for, so the 225i's with the G-cush you say? i thought that those cups were only for the 1k series, do All grado's use the same housing?
yes i did and that's the conclusion i came to.post #10 of 4411/5/10 at 10:45amThread StarterQuote:
ok thats cool, i was looking at them and they looked exactly like the SR 80i's so i was like....hmmmm.post #11 of 4411/5/10 at 10:47ampost #12 of 4411/5/10 at 10:54amThread Starter
OH REALLY!!! i was gonna say, i may go for a cheaper model of the grados like the 801 or the 125*tight on cash* and get some cups for them, i hate on ear headphones...like just the pads lol.post #13 of 4411/5/10 at 11:04am
I was going to do that exact same thing -- buy an SR80i with the $45 G-Cush pads. I needed to transform them into something other than "earpad". Like you, I absolutely cannot stand earpad headphones -- even super soft XB300.
Although, I ended up buying the SR80i without them -- as I had a feeling I wouldn't like Grados. Turns out, I was right, I didn't like them. But, I did learn that the stock pads are really not that bad. Perfectly fine for shorter sessions.
You might want to read up a bit on that transformation though. Some say they really cannot stand the G-Cush on the lower end models. But it may just be preference... (Then again, some really approve of the transformation)post #14 of 4411/5/10 at 11:12am
You're close to Portland. I would suggest a trip to 32 Ohm Audio and listen to the Grados yourself. That's the best way to find out and the best way to find out if the sound difference between the SR80 and SR225 and SR325 is worth the increase in price. I would also suggest trying each of the SR series headphones with both the comfies and the bowls. The models below the SR225 now come standard with comfies but you can buy the bowls separate if you prefer the sound with the bowls. I personally like the bowls and use some EQ to tame the treble that the bowls accentuate.post #15 of 4411/5/10 at 1:10pmThread Starter
thanks ham, yea i have looked into 32 ohm on there "web site" i have yet ot have a chance to go down there.... hopefully i ill for mah birth day!
- Best grados under 300$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 17 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 17 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 20 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 56 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear