Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › [Review] Nuforce Icon HDP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Nuforce Icon HDP - Page 10

post #136 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfrombluesea View Post

I finally decided to bought HDP for my Senn HD 650.

Came yesterday, tried it on. It gives very transparent and balanced sound.

I like it!

Nice etysmile.gif

post #137 of 172

I got this amp with me. Actually I am not that surprised about its quality. For me it is almost the same with my JDSLabs C421. Or is it just because still fresh from the box?

How long do I need to burn in at least to unleash the full potential of HDP?

post #138 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahnlang View Post

I got this amp with me. Actually I am not that surprised about its quality. For me it is almost the same with my JDSLabs C421. Or is it just because still fresh from the box?

How long do I need to burn in at least to unleash the full potential of HDP?

 

 

I read somewhere yesterday saying about 150 hours. Google the 'reviews' online.

post #139 of 172

I feel like I hear hiss coming from HDP when I use my AKG Q701. Is that normal?

 

I compared it with my JDS Labs C421 and there was no hiss at all (I used the same song for the comparison).

FYI : I used cardass cable with my C421 and for HDO I used the standard usb cable that came with the HDP.

 

Does anyone experience the same problem like me?

 

---edited : solved---

I tried to use Zune player instead of iTunes and strangely I do not hear any hiss at all.

Is iTunes not a good player ? Or do I need to change some settings in iTunes?


Edited by vahnlang - 11/12/12 at 3:03pm
post #140 of 172

I think my HDP is broken since everytime I connect to PC, it seems fine(can produce good music quality), but after few hours the sound is getting horrible(I tried to use my headphone AKG Q701 / JBL speaker, both of them seem produce terrible sound from HDP)

 

I tried to use my Zune HD (I set maximum volume on Zune HD already) as an input and it works fine, but one thing I notice that I have to turn the knob more than half way in order to hear the "listenable"/loud music. 

This won't happen if I use my JDS Labs C421, which I only need to slightly turn on my C421 knob to hear loud music.

 

Anyone experience the same issue like me?

 

Do you guys think the customer service of Nuforce is trusted? I might send it to Nuforce for repair..

 

Thanks


Edited by vahnlang - 11/28/12 at 11:15am
post #141 of 172

Just tuned in to this discussion. Used to have the HDP paired with the Senn 650's. That was a nice setup. Such a small footprint on the desk that offered quality sound for the cost.

post #142 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahnlang View Post

I think my HDP is broken since everytime I connect to PC, it seems fine(can produce good music quality), but after few hours the sound is getting horrible(I tried to use my headphone AKG Q701 / JBL speaker, both of them seem produce terrible sound from HDP)

 

I tried to use my Zune HD (I set maximum volume on Zune HD already) as an input and it works fine, but one thing I notice that I have to turn the knob more than half way in order to hear the "listenable"/loud music. 

This won't happen if I use my JDS Labs C421, which I only need to slightly turn on my C421 knob to hear loud music.

 

Anyone experience the same issue like me?

 

Do you guys think the customer service of Nuforce is trusted? I might send it to Nuforce for repair..

 

Thanks

 

Just curious if this issue was ever resolved? Been reading the reviews on this for a while to coincidentally replace my JDS Labs C421 (which only seem OK for me when driving my Senn. HD800), when I came across your post, so I am curious... These do sell like crazy on Amazon--I know because in the past two or three days it seems at least 3 vendors selling on Amazon ran out of stock on these right before my eyes!

post #143 of 172

They have a new headphone amp coming out.

 

 

Performance, features, style and price are all bound to delight / the most demanding listener will find the HAP-100 to be the ideal centerpiece for headphone and conventional stereo listening. The HAP-100 is a world-class combination preamp and headphone amplifier targeted for the audio enthusiast that makes quality headphone listening a high priority as well. The innovative design packs together a host of features never before available at its price point..

post #144 of 172

It's already out. I've had one for a little while now, and hope to have a review up soon (maaaaaybe before Christmas). 

post #145 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeni View Post

They have a new headphone amp coming out.

 

 

Performance, features, style and price are all bound to delight / the most demanding listener will find the HAP-100 to be the ideal centerpiece for headphone and conventional stereo listening. The HAP-100 is a world-class combination preamp and headphone amplifier targeted for the audio enthusiast that makes quality headphone listening a high priority as well. The innovative design packs together a host of features never before available at its price point..

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626173/nuforce-releases-hap-100-single-ended-class-a-high-end-headphone-amplifier

post #146 of 172

I've got a lot of notes written down for review, but I must have had a power surge or something fry my board so I'm waiting on a replacement before I finish writing things up. On the plus side, I should hopefully also be getting a new output jack with lower impedance, so it'll be interesting to see how that changes the sound. 

edit: whoops wrong thread sort of. The above comment is regarding the HAP-100.


Edited by Armaegis - 1/9/13 at 12:06am
post #147 of 172

I'm thinking of getting one of these to up the power on my Nuforce iDo. Can anyone offer an opinion of the POWER these bad boys put out? From the Specs it looks like it's on par with the Schiit Asgard II. Do they get pretty LOUD? 


Edited by bareyb - 2/23/13 at 12:53pm
post #148 of 172

The HDP can almost drive my HE-6. If you're listening to dynamics that loudly, you might be deaf. 

post #149 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

The HDP can almost drive my HE-6. If you're listening to dynamics that loudly, you might be deaf. 

I got to audition one today. While it does get louder than the iDo, it still isn't quite what I was looking for. I ended up buying a Hall Headphone Amp with a lot more power. To get the sound I was looking for it was clear after hearing the HDP that I needed a full sized Amp. They HDP does sound great for it's size though. 

post #150 of 172

Hey, I have a question about this unit.


I got one about two weeks ago, planning to pair it with an AKG K702. I've been trying to burn it in, and while it sounds better than it did the day I got it, certain quirks wouldn't go away. The bass was really light, certain frequencies were fatiguing, and there was a noticeably uncomfortable amount of sibilance. I had been using the 3.5 -> 6.3 adapter included with my K702. On a whim, I switched to the one included with the Icon HDP, and those quirks seem to have dissolved. There's more bass, the sibilance is tamed, and it's not fatiguing. Is this even possible, or is it possibly just the placebo effect?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › [Review] Nuforce Icon HDP