or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PS1000 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS1000 Impressions Thread - Page 56

post #826 of 3411

No insult taken

post #827 of 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

No insult taken

Thanks. Thought about you and how much you love these headphones when I made the purchase, with the exception of their weight which you've commented on them as being dumbells a few times, but from reading your posts, I know you absolutely love these headphones. Can't wait to get them, and I'm really hoping I like they suite my tastes and the mid-range isn't too recessed for my liking. 

Have you ever owned/heard the RS1's at anytime?

If so, I'm curious what you thought about them, and why you don't own them, being you like all the Grado that you do own. Thanks

post #828 of 3411
I don't know about rs1, i only heard of it and it was a long time ago. I always think the gs1000, ps1000 and rs1/rs1i sound different. Not really better or worse. I even use different amps for my ps1000 and gs1000i. Anyway, this is a good headphones and I'm glad to own it
post #829 of 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhuang View Post

I don't know about rs1, i only heard of it and it was a long time ago. I always think the gs1000, ps1000 and rs1/rs1i sound different. Not really better or worse. I even use different amps for my ps1000 and gs1000i. Anyway, this is a good headphones and I'm glad to own it

Every Grado I've heard sounds different IMO. It is my concern that if I'm going to like the way it sounds enough too keep it.

post #830 of 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Every Grado I've heard sounds different IMO. It is my concern that if I'm going to like the way it sounds enough too keep it.

It does sound different enough for me. Gs1000i is the smooth one with large soundstage and ps1000 is the exciting one
post #831 of 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhuang View Post


It does sound different enough for me. Gs1000i is the smooth one with large soundstage and ps1000 is the exciting one

I had the GS1Ki and the recessed/laid back mid-range was not for me at all!!! I much preferred my RS1i's by a very big margin, so I figured I would try the PS1Ki' because like your stating they are supposed to be more exciting, so I'll give them a try and hear if there for me…if not, then I know the RS1i's are the ones for me. Tell you the truth, I'm not realy looking for something else being that I truly enjoy the RS's, but my curiosity has got the best of me and I have too try them to see if I will prefer these or not,  I'll find out.

post #832 of 3411

When do you get them, Joseph....tomorrow ?

post #833 of 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

When do you get them, Joseph....tomorrow ?

Yes, according to the UPS tracking, they are in N.J. today, and I'll have them tomorrow.

post #834 of 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I had the GS1Ki and the recessed/laid back mid-range was not for me at all!!! I much preferred my RS1i's by a very big margin, so I figured I would try the PS1Ki' because like your stating they are supposed to be more exciting, so I'll give them a try and hear if there for me…if not, then I know the RS1i's are the ones for me. Tell you the truth, I'm not realy looking for something else being that I truly enjoy the RS's, but my curiosity has got the best of me and I have too try them to see if I will prefer these or not,  I'll find out.

 

I had a similar experience. The GS1ks are beautiful, and they did grow on me over time, but never quite enough to overtake my PS500s...so they went off to a new home. I still need to hear the PS1ks, though...

post #835 of 3411

expectant owner of a pair of ps1000's, they should be delivered before the end of the week, i've got some reading to do

post #836 of 3411
Nice, can't wait for you too hear them!

Edited by joseph69 - 5/13/14 at 11:06am
post #837 of 3411

:popcorn:

post #838 of 3411

This post is only a test

post #839 of 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

expectant owner of a pair of ps1000's, they should be delivered before the end of the week, i've got some reading to do
congrats, they are still my favorite headphone smily_headphones1.gif
post #840 of 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

This post is only a test


was the test a success ??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PS1000 Impressions Thread