No insult taken
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/28/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 1/25/11
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/2/10
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 7/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/2/10
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 7/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- So I really like the K701 I recently got Last post on 2/23/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me decide - Grado GS-1000 or Grado PS-500 Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie needs Advice. Need a good amp for my Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 9/28/11 at 12:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- A Headphone to complement and be a companion to my Grado RS1 Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
PS1000 Impressions Thread - Page 56post #826 of 34114/21/14 at 2:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #827 of 34114/21/14 at 5:44pm
Thanks. Thought about you and how much you love these headphones when I made the purchase, with the exception of their weight which you've commented on them as being dumbells a few times, but from reading your posts, I know you absolutely love these headphones. Can't wait to get them, and I'm really hoping I like they suite my tastes and the mid-range isn't too recessed for my liking.
Have you ever owned/heard the RS1's at anytime?
If so, I'm curious what you thought about them, and why you don't own them, being you like all the Grado that you do own. Thankspost #828 of 34114/22/14 at 12:25pmI don't know about rs1, i only heard of it and it was a long time ago. I always think the gs1000, ps1000 and rs1/rs1i sound different. Not really better or worse. I even use different amps for my ps1000 and gs1000i. Anyway, this is a good headphones and I'm glad to own itpost #829 of 34114/22/14 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by fhuang
I don't know about rs1, i only heard of it and it was a long time ago. I always think the gs1000, ps1000 and rs1/rs1i sound different. Not really better or worse. I even use different amps for my ps1000 and gs1000i. Anyway, this is a good headphones and I'm glad to own it
Every Grado I've heard sounds different IMO. It is my concern that if I'm going to like the way it sounds enough too keep it.post #830 of 34114/22/14 at 12:40pmQuote:
It does sound different enough for me. Gs1000i is the smooth one with large soundstage and ps1000 is the exciting onepost #831 of 34114/22/14 at 1:08pmQuote:
I had the GS1Ki and the recessed/laid back mid-range was not for me at all!!! I much preferred my RS1i's by a very big margin, so I figured I would try the PS1Ki' because like your stating they are supposed to be more exciting, so I'll give them a try and hear if there for me…if not, then I know the RS1i's are the ones for me. Tell you the truth, I'm not realy looking for something else being that I truly enjoy the RS's, but my curiosity has got the best of me and I have too try them to see if I will prefer these or not, I'll find out.post #832 of 34114/22/14 at 2:15pmpost #833 of 34114/22/14 at 3:52pmpost #834 of 34114/22/14 at 10:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by joseph69
I had the GS1Ki and the recessed/laid back mid-range was not for me at all!!! I much preferred my RS1i's by a very big margin, so I figured I would try the PS1Ki' because like your stating they are supposed to be more exciting, so I'll give them a try and hear if there for me…if not, then I know the RS1i's are the ones for me. Tell you the truth, I'm not realy looking for something else being that I truly enjoy the RS's, but my curiosity has got the best of me and I have too try them to see if I will prefer these or not, I'll find out.
I had a similar experience. The GS1ks are beautiful, and they did grow on me over time, but never quite enough to overtake my PS500s...so they went off to a new home. I still need to hear the PS1ks, though...post #835 of 34115/13/14 at 9:00ampost #836 of 34115/13/14 at 11:04ampost #837 of 34115/13/14 at 2:54pmpost #838 of 34115/13/14 at 5:06pmpost #839 of 34115/13/14 at 8:23pm
- PS1000 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 21 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 27 seconds ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 36 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Mee Audio M6 Pro vs Sony MDR-EX450 2 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Schitt wyrd. priced to sell 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 8 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear