or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PS1000 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS1000 Impressions Thread - Page 48

post #706 of 3409
Ya, ill go post on the he-500 thread on it later.

Wont Say much about hifiman here though or the grado conservatives will get annoyed biggrin.gif
post #707 of 3409

Hold on putting ps1000 on sale, because once your setup get along well with PS1000 you might feel HD800 has (a little) veil when compare to PS1000 side by side (at least I do!).

post #708 of 3409

You doesn't have to compare them to hear that veil, its simply there.

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by chirawatf View Post
 

Hold on putting ps1000 on sale, because once your setup get along well with PS1000 you might feel HD800 has (a little) veil when compare to PS1000 side by side (at least I do!).

post #709 of 3409

PS1000's came today! I've been listening to them the last few hours and boy I am getting sore ears and fatigue. Is this normal? They are heavy, but not nearly as heavy as I thought they'd be and they are really comfortable otherwise. 

 

Overall I'm extremely happy I purchased them. I cannot wait to get an amp for it, but that will have to wait for a few weeks. Thanks again everyone! I'll keep posting as I keep listening! :)

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

post #710 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfox1306 View Post

PS1000's came today! I've been listening to them the last few hours and boy I am getting sore ears and fatigue. Is this normal? They are heavy, but not nearly as heavy as I thought they'd be and they are really comfortable otherwise. 

If you are running completely unamped, that may be the source of the fatigue. I know they are low impedance, but they still benefit from a good amp. The Q701s are the same way for me. Low(ish) impedance, but they are very fatiguing without an amp. And they sound very thin that way.

Beautiful headphones, though. Congrats!
Edited by hsubox - 9/5/13 at 7:01pm
post #711 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsubox View Post


If you are running completely unamped, that may be the source of the fatigue. I know they are low impedance, but they still benefit from a good amp. The Q701s are the same way for me. Low(ish) impedance, but they are very fatiguing without an amp. And they sound very thin that way.

Beautiful headphones, though. Congrats!

 

This. 

 

The GS1ks are the same way. I actually don't care for them  unamped, which is the only Grado I can say that about. They need an amp to sound their best. 

post #712 of 3409

I am currently running them through a Marantz SR5006 home theater amplifier. I love them thus far and i'm wondering if they'll break in a little more. Supposedly they don't have much use to them, so maybe they'll break in more. I plan on getting a little dot 1+ amp in the near future. My ultimate plan is to save up for a woo audio amp, but one step at a time. 

post #713 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfox1306 View Post
 

I am currently running them through a Marantz SR5006 home theater amplifier. I love them thus far and i'm wondering if they'll break in a little more. Supposedly they don't have much use to them, so maybe they'll break in more. I plan on getting a little dot 1+ amp in the near future. My ultimate plan is to save up for a woo audio amp, but one step at a time. 

 

CONGRATS! My PS1000 / Woo Audio WA6-SE combination has treating me pretty well.

post #714 of 3409

PS1000 where returned yesterday. i tried to like them, but i just found them too bright, even with the warm sounding tubes on the WA6-SE, they where basically an RS1i but a little brighter still.

 

might buy RS1i again soon, i miss them.

 

they are good headphones, but i guess they just weren't for me. 


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 9/6/13 at 2:57pm
post #715 of 3409

Sorry, but for some reason, I can't use the post quote with my laptop.

 

To fastfox 1306, I think that you're making a very good choice with the Little Dot 1+, I thought of going with Woo, but I read so many good things about the Little Dot 1+, that I figured that since it's so cheap, I didn't have much to lose in trying it, long story short, I bought another Little Dot 1+ for my second sound system.

 

Please, keep us posted, and happy listening.

post #716 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

PS1000 where returned yesterday. i tried to like them, but i just found them too bright, even with the warm sounding tubes on the WA6-SE, they where basically an RS1i but a little brighter still.

 

might buy RS1i again soon, i miss them.

 

they are good headphones, but i guess they just weren't for me. 

 

Have you heard the "i" version of the GS1ks, DG? If so, how would you compare them to the PS1ks and the RS1s? 

post #717 of 3409

i never heard the GSK long enough, but seems darker than PS1000, i didn't really find them bright, i found them to be more U shaped and a wider soundstage. i liked them, but i didn't hear them long term, might be bright too, not sure.

 

i have heard both regular and i though, very little difference i think. maybe just less recessed on the i version.

 

RS1 is great, though i preferred RS1i, i found the RS1 version i had to be a little too shouty in the mids, weird i guess. The RS1i are my favs though.

post #718 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

i never heard the GSK long enough, but seems darker than PS1000, i didn't really find them bright, i found them to be more U shaped and a wider soundstage. i liked them, but i didn't hear them long term, might be bright too, not sure.

 

i have heard both regular and i though, very little difference i think. maybe just less recessed on the i version.

 

RS1 is great, though i preferred RS1i, i found the RS1 version i had to be a little too shouty in the mids, weird i guess. The RS1i are my favs though.

 

I continue to be amazed by how different our ears must be. I owned the GS1000i for quite some time, and sold it because I found it too bright in direct comparison to my PS1000, which I don't find bright at all. Much happier with the flagship. I had a similar problem with the RS1i, which I also eventually sold in favor of the RS2i, which I like better and find to be warmer.

 

On another topic for the crew, I've been away from this thread for some time, and I wonder if anyone has formed an opinion on the PS1000 vs the PS500. In other words, is there any real cause to consider it the sonic little brother of the PS1000? I've been auditioning the PS500 for a month or so and am still trying to figure that one out.

post #719 of 3409
I hated rs2i was unlistenable, brightest grado by far
post #720 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdanderson View Post

CONGRATS! My PS1000 / Woo Audio WA6-SE combination has treating me pretty well.


Big +1 to this. My PS-1000s love the Woo. I found the RCA 6FD7 to not have the bright upper mids low treble of the Sylvania and GE versions(drove me nuts on my HE-500 too). I'm not feeling any symptoms of upgraditis with this setup;)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PS1000 Impressions Thread