or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PS1000 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS1000 Impressions Thread - Page 43

post #631 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post

I personnally think that you should have started your own PS1000 impressions thread, especially since you keep comparing them to other flagship headphones, and not favorably i might add. Aside from threads like this one, and the Grado fan club, there arent many threads where Grado fans, (notice i said fans and not fanboys), can come to seek shelter from all the Grado bashing that some of these threads turn out to be. I once got my arse kicked for mentioning the G word in an LCD3 thread, and i wasn't even bad mouthing the LCD3s.

As far as the PS1000 not being five times better than the SR325is, i couldn't agree more, i only asked you that question, (wich you haven't answered, by the way), regarding the LCD2 and LCD3's price vs performance ratio, because you seem to think that the PS1000 are too expensive and don't deserve their flagship title, wich, according to you, should belong to the RS1i. As far as i'm concerned, the PS1000 are every bit as deserving of their flagship status as the T1, HD800, LCD3...etc.

As i have said many times, i think that $500-600 is the sweet spot where you still get A LOT of sound quality for your money, after that, the return on investment drops very quickly, also, people who know me, know how much i love my SR80i, and that i could be happy with them as my only pair. 

Oh! and not everyone thinks the PS1000 suck, i happend to love mine, so i guess my hearing must be skrewed.

The lcd-2 are fairly priced and are a bargain for the sound u get, the lcd-3 are a little bit expensive, but certainly not grossly overpriced like the ps1000, and whether or not ps1000 deserves flagship status when compared to the others is questionable.

I think theyre all right headphones, and price and competition set aside of course.
I never said they suck, but rather do not stand a chance vs other flagships when price/performance is considered. They are however one of grados best headphones and good to have in a collection or if you are a huge grado fan.

Also grados get bashed for a reason, consider the other flagships, sennheiser came up with the 55mm ring radiators, beyer with the tesla magnet strength drivers, and audeze and hifiman with planar technology and improved on it. Grado has been pushing the same drivers on its headphones and only tweaked them a bit for an improvement in sound. The ps1000 are simply better drivers but have no modern technology to them really. Im not saying thats bad, but that could be part of why they dont perform with the others. Also the headband is the same as the rest of the grados and the rod slippage and rattling issues still continue, as well as the uncomfortable pads.

Im not here to insult grado, i do enjoy their products and do especially like the chrome on the ps1000, but i have to be honest when i post my impressions. I appreciate the ps1000s for what theyre good at, and nothing more, nothing less
post #632 of 3409

I think DG is just trying to be fair.  No need to get all bent about her opinons, for that's all they are.smile.gif

post #633 of 3409

I'm having a hard time following you Dub step Girl, you say that you're not here to insult Grado, (wich by the way is a familly name, and should always start with a capital G), now, where was i, oh yeah!, you're not here to insult Grado, and yet you say, ''Grado has been pushing the same drivers on its headphones and only tweaked them a bit for an improvement in sound. The ps1000 are simply better drivers but have no modern technology to them really.''. if this is your idea of showing appreciation, because, this is the PS1000 appreciation thread, i'd like to see you when you decide to thrash a brand and/or model.

 

You should really start you're own thread, really.

post #634 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post

I'm having a hard time following you Dub step Girl, you say that you're not here to insult Grado, (wich by the way is a familly name, and should always start with a capital G), now, where was i, oh yeah!, you're not here to insult Grado, and yet you say, ''Grado has been pushing the same drivers on its headphones and only tweaked them a bit for an improvement in sound. The ps1000 are simply better drivers but have no modern technology to them really.''. if this is your idea of showing appreciation, because, this is the PS1000 appreciation thread, i'd like to see you when you decide to thrash a brand and/or model.

 

You should really start you're own thread, really.

 



I think you're overreacting - DG's comments about the drivers are, IMO, factual and as a PS1000 owner, I find most of her comparisons to other headphones fairly representative of my own opinions.

If nothing else, her posts have generated more activity in this thread than there has been in a while.

post #635 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post

I'm having a hard time following you Dub step Girl, you say that you're not here to insult Grado, (wich by the way is a familly name, and should always start with a capital G), now, where was i, oh yeah!, you're not here to insult Grado, and yet you say, ''Grado has been pushing the same drivers on its headphones and only tweaked them a bit for an improvement in sound. The ps1000 are simply better drivers but have no modern technology to them really.''. if this is your idea of showing appreciation, because, this is the PS1000 appreciation thread, i'd like to see you when you decide to thrash a brand and/or model.

 

You should really start you're own thread, really.

 

If the only Grado threads are fan club threads, then it becomes a chore to find impressions at all. It’s stilly to ask that anyone who has impressions to add to create their own thread.

 

Dubstep girl was providing honest, valuable impressions and all you can focus on is the specific thread they’re being posted in? your priorities are out of whack, sorry. 

 

Posts like this and the idea behind it make head-fi a damn chore to browse. All this tip toeing around what someone thinks about a headphone and how they can say it without upsetting the fanboys. there just be impressions threads. period.

post #636 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCfiner View Post

 

If the only Grado threads are fan club threads, then it becomes a chore to find impressions at all. It’s stilly to ask that anyone who has impressions to add to create their own thread.

 

Dubstep girl was providing honest, valuable impressions and all you can focus on is the specific thread they’re being posted in? your priorities are out of whack, sorry. 

 

Posts like this and the idea behind it make head-fi a damn chore to browse. All this tip toeing around what someone thinks about a headphone and how they can say it without upsetting the fanboys. there just be impressions threads. period.

Agreed ... and I'm a Grado fan.  Maybe they're a combination of vintage sound and hand-made techniques that parallel the construction of a fine musical instrument.  Or, maybe they're just old and over-priced.  IMHO, you have to recognize their faults even if you like them.  Music after all, is more than just technology - so there's room for both viewpoints.  I still like Grados best. wink.gif

post #637 of 3409

DG IS appreciating them.  She's just not slobbering over them.

post #638 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCfiner View Post

 

If the only Grado threads are fan club threads, then it becomes a chore to find impressions at all. It’s stilly to ask that anyone who has impressions to add to create their own thread.

 

Dubstep girl was providing honest, valuable impressions and all you can focus on is the specific thread they’re being posted in? your priorities are out of whack, sorry. 

 

Posts like this and the idea behind it make head-fi a damn chore to browse. All this tip toeing around what someone thinks about a headphone and how they can say it without upsetting the fanboys. there just be impressions threads. period.

 

Agreed completely! She has plenty of right to post her thoughts. 
post #639 of 3409

I guess i have a different definition of the word ''appreciation'', To me, an appreciation thread is a place to discuss positively about a specific brand or model, and not a place where you openly insult a company by stating that they're flagship headphones are overpriced and use backward technology.

 

And to be honest, if find Dub step Girl's posts a lot more confusing than anything else.

post #640 of 3409

Dupstep Girl, do you have any access to another PS1000 pair? What I mean, is what I wrote earlier. I do believe that older production PS1000 souns differ, as I have tried such in hi fi shop, before I bought my, chrome one, and I still suspect, even you may call this an speculation, that first run were better, or, they may need 500-700 hours of burn in, but I am not sure about that either, as I sold my after they got 300

 

THX

post #641 of 3409

All I know is that I'm even more interested in the PS1000s now than I was before. I have an idea of what DG prefers in terms of sound sigs based on her posts over the last year or so, and seeing her opinion turn more favorable as she took the time to more in-depthly audition the chrome beauties is a positive for me. Reason being, the Grado sound sig is higher on my list in terms of preference than it is hers. So if she found the PS1ks to go from, say, a 5 to maybe a 7, with me it'll likely be a 7 to perhaps a 9 or even better. 

 

I don't know if I'd feel this way if not also for some improvements I've encountered with my GS1ks lately. As I posted in the Grado thread, these have closed the gap between my PS500s and T1s, and I think it may even be a dead heat now....previously they were settled in as my 3rd favorite phone. Upgrading to a better DAC (and potentially the much higher number of burn-in hours I've put on them) has allowed them to do things I'd never heard them do before and I've really been enjoying them more than ever. 

 

One of these days I'm going to take my local dealer up on his offer to get me a demo pair to play with...but I want to make sure I'm prepared to pull the trigger before I do lol

post #642 of 3409

This thread has made for some good posting in the last few pages. Anyone tried the PS1000 out of GS X MK2? Too bright?

post #643 of 3409
post #644 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore View Post

Dupstep Girl, do you have any access to another PS1000 pair? What I mean, is what I wrote earlier. I do believe that older production PS1000 souns differ, as I have tried such in hi fi shop, before I bought my, chrome one, and I still suspect, even you may call this an speculation, that first run were better, or, they may need 500-700 hours of burn in, but I am not sure about that either, as I sold my after they got 300

THX

Nope i dont. I do know that the previous pair i had heard was a non chrome. Maybe it is different, that one wasnt bright and harsh. It seemed warmer, but then again, maybe it was just the music, that time i only heard audiiphile reference type of stuff, didnt test the a whole lot.
post #645 of 3409
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

This thread has made for some good posting in the last few pages. Anyone tried the PS1000 out of GS X MK2? Too bright?

 

Hope to be able to answer that question in about 8 weeks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PS1000 Impressions Thread