Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread - Page 61

post #901 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

Omg I missed my chance frown.gif

Are you getting any more in at some point? Please say yes.

Really fancy the black ones.
I noticed that you had a pair and sold them..are you like regretting that sale now lol .I know the feeling. I got rid of a pair of w4r that now I really miss..I now know what they mean by ..sellers regret lol ..I have a pair of black eq5' that are just sitting in a case that I haven't used in a while that I'm thinking about selling ..don't get me wrong I really like them..a lot..they just don't get much play time anymore :-(
post #902 of 988

for 135$ , i don't think you can get a better iem - eagerly waiting for my pair to arrive

i may do a 3-way comparison between RE-262,RE-272,EQ-5.....

post #903 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post

for 135$ , i don't think you can get a better iem - eagerly waiting for my pair to arrive


i may do a 3-way comparison between RE-262,RE-272,EQ-5.....
they are pretty sweet huh. Think I'm going to have to break thrm out and enjoy them again..can't really use them outside rite now though..I live in Canada and it's really cold here rite now and the cold hurts the cable. It gets stiff and eventually will stiffen up or time. I had a pair before these ones and the left side shorted out ..so I had to buy another pair ..if you can find them for 135 bucks then grab them for sure. Up here in Toronto they are around 250 which for the sound quality is still a great price imo
post #904 of 988

i just bought a new pair ofr 135$  :D

i laso had them back in 2012 and sold them but i had to try them again

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post


if you can find them for 135 bucks then grab them for sure. Up here in Toronto they are around 250 which for the sound quality is still a great price imo
post #905 of 988

Noted chief. Thanks!

post #906 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post
 

There's no real comparison. The eQ-5 is miles ahead in expansiveness, soundstage, and vocals. 

At least in my opinion :)

Also, keep in mind I wasn't using the stock tips.

post #907 of 988

which tips do you suggest ?

 

eq-5 just arrived and they sound fine right out of the box - i guess they will get even better with the burn-in

 

post #908 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post

which tips do you suggest ?

eq-5 just arrived and they sound fine right out of the box - i guess they will get even better with the burn-in


 

They're great with UE medium silicones. I found those the best out of twenty I tested with.
post #909 of 988

is there a link for buying them ?

 

thanx

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sil3nce View Post


They're great with UE medium silicones. I found those the best out of twenty I tested with.
post #910 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post


They used to have replacement gray medium silicone tips that fit the super.fi series on amazon. But the ones I'm talking about are the tf10 tips that probably can only be ordered from UE (20?).
post #911 of 988

Just received these before heading to the office and have managed to sneak off and play some tunes through my iPhone 5. I have to say I like them a lot. I was impressed by the bass off the bat - nice punch with great texture. I also found the detail retrieval in these to be a good deal above average. These sound way better than what I paid for them...

 

I was worried that they would be okay, but nothing special as my only other single BA was a pair of Sony XBA-1IP that I bought and sold pretty quickly. They sounded really average - nothing to recommend them - they were competent, but boring as hell. I listened to some lossless Yes, Bowie, Talking Heads live (I love the Stop Making Sense disc) and some Dave Matthews....

 

Very, very pleased with these. I am using the large stock silicone and I think that things can get even better when I go home and try some tip rolling - I have a bunch of UE silicone and the above posts recommend them - we'll see.

 

Very nice packaging, looks to be built well and I couldn't be more pleased. Very pleasantly surprised with the quality of sound coming out of these little black blocks of aluminum.

post #912 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

Just received these before heading to the office and have managed to sneak off and play some tunes through my iPhone 5. I have to say I like them a lot. I was impressed by the bass off the bat - nice punch with great texture. I also found the detail retrieval in these to be a good deal above average. These sound way better than what I paid for them...

 

I was worried that they would be okay, but nothing special as my only other single BA was a pair of Sony XBA-1IP that I bought and sold pretty quickly. They sounded really average - nothing to recommend them - they were competent, but boring as hell. I listened to some lossless Yes, Bowie, Talking Heads live (I love the Stop Making Sense disc) and some Dave Matthews....

 

Very, very pleased with these. I am using the large stock silicone and I think that things can get even better when I go home and try some tip rolling - I have a bunch of UE silicone and the above posts recommend them - we'll see.

 

Very nice packaging, looks to be built well and I couldn't be more pleased. Very pleasantly surprised with the quality of sound coming out of these little black blocks of aluminum.

They're amazing. Go for those UE wide-bores.

post #913 of 988

do these iems change after the 'burn-in' period ?

post #914 of 988
Guys i highly recommend their amp, MHd-Q7 the pairing provides a truly fulfilling sound.
post #915 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post

do these iems change after the 'burn-in' period ?

Can't imagine them getting a lot better. They are quite nice as they are.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread