Mine only had balance issues when it broke after more than one year of usage. It didn't have a balance issue when it was working normally.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which I.E.M's Can produce House,Trance,techno Music's sub bass ? Last post on 2/8/13 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q7 Appreciation Thread Last post on 5/14/13 at 12:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon eQ5 in review - possibly the last earphone a man (or woman) could ever want in his (or... Last post on 4/5/13 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread - Page 50post #736 of 97810/7/12 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #737 of 97810/7/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
Not at all, that's seems strange. They shouldn't be sounding like that so either there's a problem or maybe your not getting a good seal or something, I've been using them all day (well really every day) and haven't noticed any defect in the sound.post #738 of 97810/8/12 at 5:23ampost #739 of 97811/5/12 at 10:18amJust ordered some of these.
Thanks to TechnoKid for the recommendation.
MusicaAcoustics still have them at a limited sale price of $199, which was already supposed to be changed to $249.post #740 of 97811/5/12 at 10:47ampost #741 of 97811/5/12 at 3:11pmpost #742 of 97811/8/12 at 12:40ampost #743 of 97811/8/12 at 12:23pmpost #744 of 97811/8/12 at 2:50pmpost #745 of 97812/6/12 at 11:34pm
I am so pleased with these EQ5s, I feel they are stellar. They really have for lack of a better word than balanced, a vivid saucy sound.
Yes the bass is more accurate than heavy.
I believe some of the perceptual balance issues people have are related more to fit. I actually tryed to use a medium on the left ear
and a large on the right, just to test fits and how it affected balance and basically made myself crazy. Went all big tip and really
certain things I had listened to before had more pan and the soundstage of the EQ-5 highlighted it. I have been running it from a
Tralucent T1 amp and LOD, this is so strong, wide and vivid.
Even directly out from source they are wonderful
Edited by l0rdr0ck - 12/6/12 at 11:37pmpost #746 of 97812/7/12 at 9:29ampost #747 of 97812/18/12 at 7:40pmpost #748 of 97812/18/12 at 8:25pmSo far preferring the comply tips over the silicones, feels a little more refined sounding,vocals are nicer and transients have a little more snap.. More to follow but so far preferring these to my ER4S's and FAD Heaven S.. Though it is a country mile off the PF's (as they should considering the price difference!) but still, for loud environments I think I have found a new favourite!
Just checking their site, have they stopped production of the 7's? can't seem them there, just these.post #749 of 97812/29/12 at 8:03am
I am seriously considering getting some EQ5's. I live in South Korea and the price here is very good. However, I have a few other iems on my shortlist and I am curious to know what people think about them in comparison.
Head Direct re0
Unfortunately, DBA-02mk2, Rockit r50, and Vsonic GR07's are not available here or above my price range.
My music taste is mainly indie rock, some dance, some electronica (and I'm not Korean as someone made a mistake of presuming in a previous post and recommended the best iems for KPop to me!).
I previously owned Westone UM1s and Klipsch s4's and I preferred the UM1s by a mile.
Thanks in advance.post #750 of 97812/29/12 at 8:25am
You can get the e-Q5 from Musica Acoustics and I think they ship to S. Korea. Even though I sold mine they're still one of my all time favorite IEM's and they work well with every type of music, at least everything I through at them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 51 seconds ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 2 minutes ago
- › "New" 5th Gen ....questions 3 minutes ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 3 minutes ago
- › Mosh Pit Monitor 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)