Mine only had balance issues when it broke after more than one year of usage. It didn't have a balance issue when it was working normally.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which I.E.M's Can produce House,Trance,techno Music's sub bass ? Last post on 2/8/13 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q7 Appreciation Thread Last post on 5/14/13 at 12:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon eQ5 in review - possibly the last earphone a man (or woman) could ever want in his (or... Last post on 4/5/13 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 2/6/15 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not at all, that's seems strange. They shouldn't be sounding like that so either there's a problem or maybe your not getting a good seal or something, I've been using them all day (well really every day) and haven't noticed any defect in the sound.
Thanks to TechnoKid for the recommendation.
MusicaAcoustics still have them at a limited sale price of $199, which was already supposed to be changed to $249.
I am so pleased with these EQ5s, I feel they are stellar. They really have for lack of a better word than balanced, a vivid saucy sound.
Yes the bass is more accurate than heavy.
I believe some of the perceptual balance issues people have are related more to fit. I actually tryed to use a medium on the left ear
and a large on the right, just to test fits and how it affected balance and basically made myself crazy. Went all big tip and really
certain things I had listened to before had more pan and the soundstage of the EQ-5 highlighted it. I have been running it from a
Tralucent T1 amp and LOD, this is so strong, wide and vivid.
Even directly out from source they are wonderful
Edited by l0rdr0ck - 12/6/12 at 11:37pm
Just checking their site, have they stopped production of the 7's? can't seem them there, just these.
I am seriously considering getting some EQ5's. I live in South Korea and the price here is very good. However, I have a few other iems on my shortlist and I am curious to know what people think about them in comparison.
Head Direct re0
Unfortunately, DBA-02mk2, Rockit r50, and Vsonic GR07's are not available here or above my price range.
My music taste is mainly indie rock, some dance, some electronica (and I'm not Korean as someone made a mistake of presuming in a previous post and recommended the best iems for KPop to me!).
I previously owned Westone UM1s and Klipsch s4's and I preferred the UM1s by a mile.
Thanks in advance.
You can get the e-Q5 from Musica Acoustics and I think they ship to S. Korea. Even though I sold mine they're still one of my all time favorite IEM's and they work well with every type of music, at least everything I through at them.
- Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 7 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 7 minutes ago
- › Need help finding similar tips to this one (pictures inside) 9 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 10 minutes ago
- › How to replace a dedicated sound card? 11 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2