Mine only had balance issues when it broke after more than one year of usage. It didn't have a balance issue when it was working normally.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which I.E.M's Can produce House,Trance,techno Music's sub bass ? Last post on 2/8/13 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q7 Impressions Thread Last post on 12/13/15 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon eQ5 in review - possibly the last earphone a man (or woman) could ever want in his (or... Last post on 4/5/13 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 1/20/17 at 9:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread - Page 50post #736 of 102610/7/12 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #737 of 102610/7/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
Not at all, that's seems strange. They shouldn't be sounding like that so either there's a problem or maybe your not getting a good seal or something, I've been using them all day (well really every day) and haven't noticed any defect in the sound.post #738 of 102610/8/12 at 5:23ampost #739 of 102611/5/12 at 10:18amJust ordered some of these.
Thanks to TechnoKid for the recommendation.
MusicaAcoustics still have them at a limited sale price of $199, which was already supposed to be changed to $249.post #740 of 102611/5/12 at 10:47ampost #741 of 102611/5/12 at 3:11pmpost #742 of 102611/8/12 at 12:40ampost #743 of 102611/8/12 at 12:23pmpost #744 of 102611/8/12 at 2:50pmpost #745 of 102612/6/12 at 11:34pm
I am so pleased with these EQ5s, I feel they are stellar. They really have for lack of a better word than balanced, a vivid saucy sound.
Yes the bass is more accurate than heavy.
I believe some of the perceptual balance issues people have are related more to fit. I actually tryed to use a medium on the left ear
and a large on the right, just to test fits and how it affected balance and basically made myself crazy. Went all big tip and really
certain things I had listened to before had more pan and the soundstage of the EQ-5 highlighted it. I have been running it from a
Tralucent T1 amp and LOD, this is so strong, wide and vivid.
Even directly out from source they are wonderful
Edited by l0rdr0ck - 12/6/12 at 11:37pmpost #746 of 102612/7/12 at 9:29ampost #747 of 102612/18/12 at 7:40pmpost #748 of 102612/18/12 at 8:25pmSo far preferring the comply tips over the silicones, feels a little more refined sounding,vocals are nicer and transients have a little more snap.. More to follow but so far preferring these to my ER4S's and FAD Heaven S.. Though it is a country mile off the PF's (as they should considering the price difference!) but still, for loud environments I think I have found a new favourite!
Just checking their site, have they stopped production of the 7's? can't seem them there, just these.post #749 of 102612/29/12 at 8:03am
I am seriously considering getting some EQ5's. I live in South Korea and the price here is very good. However, I have a few other iems on my shortlist and I am curious to know what people think about them in comparison.
Head Direct re0
Unfortunately, DBA-02mk2, Rockit r50, and Vsonic GR07's are not available here or above my price range.
My music taste is mainly indie rock, some dance, some electronica (and I'm not Korean as someone made a mistake of presuming in a previous post and recommended the best iems for KPop to me!).
I previously owned Westone UM1s and Klipsch s4's and I preferred the UM1s by a mile.
Thanks in advance.post #750 of 102612/29/12 at 8:25am
You can get the e-Q5 from Musica Acoustics and I think they ship to S. Korea. Even though I sold mine they're still one of my all time favorite IEM's and they work well with every type of music, at least everything I through at them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 22 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear