Mine only had balance issues when it broke after more than one year of usage. It didn't have a balance issue when it was working normally.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which I.E.M's Can produce House,Trance,techno Music's sub bass ? Last post on 2/8/13 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q7 Appreciation Thread Last post on 5/14/13 at 12:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon eQ5 in review - possibly the last earphone a man (or woman) could ever want in his (or... Last post on 4/5/13 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread - Page 50post #736 of 97610/7/12 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #737 of 97610/7/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
Not at all, that's seems strange. They shouldn't be sounding like that so either there's a problem or maybe your not getting a good seal or something, I've been using them all day (well really every day) and haven't noticed any defect in the sound.post #738 of 97610/8/12 at 5:23ampost #739 of 97611/5/12 at 10:18amJust ordered some of these.
Thanks to TechnoKid for the recommendation.
MusicaAcoustics still have them at a limited sale price of $199, which was already supposed to be changed to $249.post #740 of 97611/5/12 at 10:47ampost #741 of 97611/5/12 at 3:11pmpost #742 of 97611/8/12 at 12:40ampost #743 of 97611/8/12 at 12:23pmpost #744 of 97611/8/12 at 2:50pmpost #745 of 97612/6/12 at 11:34pm
I am so pleased with these EQ5s, I feel they are stellar. They really have for lack of a better word than balanced, a vivid saucy sound.
Yes the bass is more accurate than heavy.
I believe some of the perceptual balance issues people have are related more to fit. I actually tryed to use a medium on the left ear
and a large on the right, just to test fits and how it affected balance and basically made myself crazy. Went all big tip and really
certain things I had listened to before had more pan and the soundstage of the EQ-5 highlighted it. I have been running it from a
Tralucent T1 amp and LOD, this is so strong, wide and vivid.
Even directly out from source they are wonderful
Edited by l0rdr0ck - 12/6/12 at 11:37pmpost #746 of 97612/7/12 at 9:29ampost #747 of 97612/18/12 at 7:40pmpost #748 of 97612/18/12 at 8:25pmSo far preferring the comply tips over the silicones, feels a little more refined sounding,vocals are nicer and transients have a little more snap.. More to follow but so far preferring these to my ER4S's and FAD Heaven S.. Though it is a country mile off the PF's (as they should considering the price difference!) but still, for loud environments I think I have found a new favourite!
Just checking their site, have they stopped production of the 7's? can't seem them there, just these.post #749 of 97612/29/12 at 8:03am
I am seriously considering getting some EQ5's. I live in South Korea and the price here is very good. However, I have a few other iems on my shortlist and I am curious to know what people think about them in comparison.
Head Direct re0
Unfortunately, DBA-02mk2, Rockit r50, and Vsonic GR07's are not available here or above my price range.
My music taste is mainly indie rock, some dance, some electronica (and I'm not Korean as someone made a mistake of presuming in a previous post and recommended the best iems for KPop to me!).
I previously owned Westone UM1s and Klipsch s4's and I preferred the UM1s by a mile.
Thanks in advance.post #750 of 97612/29/12 at 8:25am
You can get the e-Q5 from Musica Acoustics and I think they ship to S. Korea. Even though I sold mine they're still one of my all time favorite IEM's and they work well with every type of music, at least everything I through at them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 48 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: ZMF Heaphone 4 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Toys for Boys 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)