Mine only had balance issues when it broke after more than one year of usage. It didn't have a balance issue when it was working normally.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which I.E.M's Can produce House,Trance,techno Music's sub bass ? Last post on 2/8/13 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q7 Appreciation Thread Last post on 5/14/13 at 12:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon eQ5 in review - possibly the last earphone a man (or woman) could ever want in his (or... Last post on 4/5/13 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have been using Samson SR940 for a week now so this review will not be too detailed. It was a blind purchase as there are no helpful reviews available. I bought two headphones; Beyer DT880 pro...
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread - Page 50post #736 of 88010/7/12 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #737 of 88010/7/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
Not at all, that's seems strange. They shouldn't be sounding like that so either there's a problem or maybe your not getting a good seal or something, I've been using them all day (well really every day) and haven't noticed any defect in the sound.post #738 of 88010/8/12 at 5:23ampost #739 of 88011/5/12 at 10:18amJust ordered some of these.
Thanks to TechnoKid for the recommendation.
MusicaAcoustics still have them at a limited sale price of $199, which was already supposed to be changed to $249.post #740 of 88011/5/12 at 10:47ampost #741 of 88011/5/12 at 3:11pmpost #742 of 88011/8/12 at 12:40ampost #743 of 88011/8/12 at 12:23pmpost #744 of 88011/8/12 at 2:50pmpost #745 of 88012/6/12 at 11:34pm
I am so pleased with these EQ5s, I feel they are stellar. They really have for lack of a better word than balanced, a vivid saucy sound.
Yes the bass is more accurate than heavy.
I believe some of the perceptual balance issues people have are related more to fit. I actually tryed to use a medium on the left ear
and a large on the right, just to test fits and how it affected balance and basically made myself crazy. Went all big tip and really
certain things I had listened to before had more pan and the soundstage of the EQ-5 highlighted it. I have been running it from a
Tralucent T1 amp and LOD, this is so strong, wide and vivid.
Even directly out from source they are wonderful
Edited by l0rdr0ck - 12/6/12 at 11:37pmpost #746 of 88012/7/12 at 9:29ampost #747 of 88012/18/12 at 7:40pmpost #748 of 88012/18/12 at 8:25pmSo far preferring the comply tips over the silicones, feels a little more refined sounding,vocals are nicer and transients have a little more snap.. More to follow but so far preferring these to my ER4S's and FAD Heaven S.. Though it is a country mile off the PF's (as they should considering the price difference!) but still, for loud environments I think I have found a new favourite!
Just checking their site, have they stopped production of the 7's? can't seem them there, just these.post #749 of 88012/29/12 at 8:03am
I am seriously considering getting some EQ5's. I live in South Korea and the price here is very good. However, I have a few other iems on my shortlist and I am curious to know what people think about them in comparison.
Head Direct re0
Unfortunately, DBA-02mk2, Rockit r50, and Vsonic GR07's are not available here or above my price range.
My music taste is mainly indie rock, some dance, some electronica (and I'm not Korean as someone made a mistake of presuming in a previous post and recommended the best iems for KPop to me!).
I previously owned Westone UM1s and Klipsch s4's and I preferred the UM1s by a mile.
Thanks in advance.post #750 of 88012/29/12 at 8:25am
You can get the e-Q5 from Musica Acoustics and I think they ship to S. Korea. Even though I sold mine they're still one of my all time favorite IEM's and they work well with every type of music, at least everything I through at them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › FiiO's New PCOCC-A Cables - Impressions, Reviews, Discussion 14 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › The $999 vs $99 Challenge Tour! 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Grado sr60 or Sr80 for portable source 4 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 4 minutes ago
- › x3 - Freeze while playing 4 minutes ago
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital