- 93 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: nevada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Give me the rundown on durable IEMs with replaceable cables under $300 Last post on 3/24/11 at 6:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Help, thinking detachable wires, around 200$ budget Last post on 4/5/11 at 9:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quality IEMs with removable cord. Budget of $200. Last post on 1/31/11 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM with detachable cable? Last post on 11/3/10 at 5:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement Cables for Panasonic HJE900's - Any with built in mic? Last post on 8/11/10 at 5:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 3/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin, I'd like to thank @NLNH for sending me a set free of charge in exchange for my review. I will try and be as honest and truthful as I can in my review regardless. To be honest, when...
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Duribility of hje900 driverspost #1 of 1511/1/10 at 8:51amThread StarterI have been doing quite a bit of research on the hje900 and I know that the shell and the cables are very durable but I have read about some people having problems with the earbuds becoming defective by losing volume or having one earbud stop working. Is this a common problem with these earphones, what kind of warranty does panisonic offer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1511/2/10 at 7:46amThread Starterpost #3 of 1511/2/10 at 2:18pm
I was burning mine in last week and I checked them, my stomach sank as only one side was working. I unplugged them, plugged them back in, and both worked again -- I didn't have them plugged in all the way.
Panasonic/Technics has a good reputation -- I'm not expecting any problems with the drivers.post #4 of 1511/2/10 at 2:38pmpost #5 of 1511/3/10 at 3:26pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1511/3/10 at 3:43pmpost #7 of 1511/3/10 at 3:52pm
I maybe cannot provide any input on the failing after months of use, but I did receive a pair of these this past week with a faulty driver out of the sealed box which to say the least has left me seriously reconsidering whether or not I should consider owning these any further. By Sunday this week I should get my money back via paypal plus I am maybe going to be left with the dud pair I was sent seeing as the people I bought them off don't want returns.
Any reply's in this thread of yours Rufus could make it that I decide this earphone is a dodo, because if there is anything I could not be less interested in it is another earphone that's unreliable because of some aspect of its design that's flawed.post #8 of 1511/3/10 at 4:04pmpost #9 of 1511/3/10 at 5:31pm
I've had mine seriously abused mine in the 9-10 months of owning them(I've had them since january or February, not sure)and they show no semblance of dying. Very soon after getting them I dropped them on concrete and a jogger ran over them and they got not a single scratch. Lemme drop them to the floor right now and step on them *checks sound* Still fine. I used a case the first couple of months, then got tired of it so now I just throw them into my pockets..
My original cables started to go out because one of my dogs was chewing on them. I've had a bit of misfortune with the replacement Sleek Audio cables though, both I've bought have been slightly defective out of the box.
The main issue with these is the nozzle filters falling out, which seems to be a quality control issue with the manufacturing process. However, this is not a serious issue at all as it is remedied so easily, and opens the path for foam modding. There do seem to be a couple of defective drivers out there, but they've been going strong for most of a year for me and show no signs of slowing down. If anything, their sound has become refined.
Edited by Napilopez - 11/3/10 at 5:32pmpost #10 of 1511/3/10 at 6:47pm
Got these IEMs mid-January, so almost a year now. The cable crapped out on me last month but I'm very hard on my gear so it's not completely surprising, the actual drivers themselves are still great though, I rigged up a DIY cable and they sound better than ever. This new cable's starting to break down too though...post #11 of 157/20/11 at 6:22am
I bought a NIB pair of these off Ebay recently and was completely thrilled.....for about a month. Just like someone said earlier, one day the sound just started going out and then failed completely. I unplugged them and plugged them back in and that worked briefly, but now there is no sound at all in one driver. I switched them and even bought a Sleek Audio SA-6 cable just to make sure that it was not the cable and confirmed that the driver just quit working. I called Panasonic and they have the replacement drivers for $88.00 but they are on back-order. Very discouraged......any ideas?post #12 of 157/20/11 at 2:23pmOver a year and no problems whatsoever. I carry them around in the pouch but I have dropped and banged them into things more times than I care to count. They work perfectly. Filters fell out though, just as was said above. No change in sound resulted.post #13 of 157/21/11 at 8:10ampost #14 of 157/29/11 at 7:24am
i've had them for 12 months when one side fell apart into two parts right where the visible line is. seems like the glue gave in... thank god my local panasonic support could replace them and they're now again in use for 6 month without problems. but every time i'm getting slightly panicked when they fall on the ground - especially on hard surfaces because they make a real loud noise when hitting it.
Edited by fastbuck - 7/29/11 at 7:29amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Duribility of hje900 drivers
- Hi End Cables
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 27 seconds ago
- › Blind Testing (O/T conversation moved from HD600 thread) 1 minute ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 3 minutes ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added... 4 minutes ago
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse