- 93 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: nevada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Give me the rundown on durable IEMs with replaceable cables under $300 Last post on 3/24/11 at 6:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Help, thinking detachable wires, around 200$ budget Last post on 4/5/11 at 9:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quality IEMs with removable cord. Budget of $200. Last post on 1/31/11 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM with detachable cable? Last post on 11/3/10 at 5:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement Cables for Panasonic HJE900's - Any with built in mic? Last post on 8/11/10 at 5:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Duribility of hje900 driverspost #1 of 1511/1/10 at 8:51amThread StarterI have been doing quite a bit of research on the hje900 and I know that the shell and the cables are very durable but I have read about some people having problems with the earbuds becoming defective by losing volume or having one earbud stop working. Is this a common problem with these earphones, what kind of warranty does panisonic offer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1511/2/10 at 7:46amThread Starterpost #3 of 1511/2/10 at 2:18pm
I was burning mine in last week and I checked them, my stomach sank as only one side was working. I unplugged them, plugged them back in, and both worked again -- I didn't have them plugged in all the way.
Panasonic/Technics has a good reputation -- I'm not expecting any problems with the drivers.post #4 of 1511/2/10 at 2:38pmpost #5 of 1511/3/10 at 3:26pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1511/3/10 at 3:43pmpost #7 of 1511/3/10 at 3:52pm
I maybe cannot provide any input on the failing after months of use, but I did receive a pair of these this past week with a faulty driver out of the sealed box which to say the least has left me seriously reconsidering whether or not I should consider owning these any further. By Sunday this week I should get my money back via paypal plus I am maybe going to be left with the dud pair I was sent seeing as the people I bought them off don't want returns.
Any reply's in this thread of yours Rufus could make it that I decide this earphone is a dodo, because if there is anything I could not be less interested in it is another earphone that's unreliable because of some aspect of its design that's flawed.post #8 of 1511/3/10 at 4:04pmpost #9 of 1511/3/10 at 5:31pm
I've had mine seriously abused mine in the 9-10 months of owning them(I've had them since january or February, not sure)and they show no semblance of dying. Very soon after getting them I dropped them on concrete and a jogger ran over them and they got not a single scratch. Lemme drop them to the floor right now and step on them *checks sound* Still fine. I used a case the first couple of months, then got tired of it so now I just throw them into my pockets..
My original cables started to go out because one of my dogs was chewing on them. I've had a bit of misfortune with the replacement Sleek Audio cables though, both I've bought have been slightly defective out of the box.
The main issue with these is the nozzle filters falling out, which seems to be a quality control issue with the manufacturing process. However, this is not a serious issue at all as it is remedied so easily, and opens the path for foam modding. There do seem to be a couple of defective drivers out there, but they've been going strong for most of a year for me and show no signs of slowing down. If anything, their sound has become refined.
Edited by Napilopez - 11/3/10 at 5:32pmpost #10 of 1511/3/10 at 6:47pm
Got these IEMs mid-January, so almost a year now. The cable crapped out on me last month but I'm very hard on my gear so it's not completely surprising, the actual drivers themselves are still great though, I rigged up a DIY cable and they sound better than ever. This new cable's starting to break down too though...post #11 of 157/20/11 at 6:22am
I bought a NIB pair of these off Ebay recently and was completely thrilled.....for about a month. Just like someone said earlier, one day the sound just started going out and then failed completely. I unplugged them and plugged them back in and that worked briefly, but now there is no sound at all in one driver. I switched them and even bought a Sleek Audio SA-6 cable just to make sure that it was not the cable and confirmed that the driver just quit working. I called Panasonic and they have the replacement drivers for $88.00 but they are on back-order. Very discouraged......any ideas?post #12 of 157/20/11 at 2:23pmOver a year and no problems whatsoever. I carry them around in the pouch but I have dropped and banged them into things more times than I care to count. They work perfectly. Filters fell out though, just as was said above. No change in sound resulted.post #13 of 157/21/11 at 8:10ampost #14 of 157/29/11 at 7:24am
i've had them for 12 months when one side fell apart into two parts right where the visible line is. seems like the glue gave in... thank god my local panasonic support could replace them and they're now again in use for 6 month without problems. but every time i'm getting slightly panicked when they fall on the ground - especially on hard surfaces because they make a real loud noise when hitting it.
Edited by fastbuck - 7/29/11 at 7:29amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Duribility of hje900 drivers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear