So it looks like the ear pads aren't directional like the D5000/7000 ? ie smaller in front bigger in back.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 4post #46 of 7511/5/10 at 2:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7511/5/10 at 7:38pmpost #48 of 7511/5/10 at 7:48pmpost #49 of 7511/5/10 at 8:02pm
Can't say, as I don't have D7000. But the A100 earpads are very very soft. They are also big enough to be comfortably placed around the ears. I can feel no pressure and no discomfort after hours of listening.
Cheerspost #50 of 7511/5/10 at 8:13pm
d7000 more comfortable imo, ah-a100 fits nice, but kinda tight, makes my ears sweat.... never had that problem with my d7000post #51 of 7511/5/10 at 8:30pm
I'm afraid not. In view of this, A100 may be a bit pricey.
But soundwise, I think it worths the money.post #52 of 7511/5/10 at 8:56pmQuote:
They publicize the material used for the pads as "skin soft" material - I take that means NOT genuine leather
But I agree, sound is all it's about right, and the A100 sound is well worth the money.post #53 of 7511/5/10 at 9:48pmpost #54 of 7511/5/10 at 9:59pm
I wouldn't say either.
I have HD650 with Cardas cable. When driven by Graham Slee Solo, to my ears HD650 outperforms A100 in terms of sound stage, details and dynamics. So, with $500, there are possibly some better choices. A100 is anyhow closed-type cans. Open cans still have their strength.
I wouldn't say A100 is the best sounding Denon too. Although I don't have D7000, I believe price tells the difference. The best sounding Denon should be D7000.
Having said that, if we're only talking about portable, closed-type, easily-driven cans, then I would nominate A100 to be top of the list.
Just my 2 cents.post #55 of 7511/5/10 at 10:54pmThread Starterpost #56 of 7511/5/10 at 11:07pmpost #57 of 7511/5/10 at 11:31pm
I think the first point I must make is, A100 is far more comfortable than all these portable you mentioned.
post #58 of 7511/5/10 at 11:50pmpost #59 of 7511/6/10 at 12:18amThread Starter
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 52 seconds ago
- › DIY Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › Gustard H10 vs Lyr/Lyr 2 for LCD-2F 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by micropixel
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Gemtune Urbanfun Hifi Dual-driver In-ear Headphones,Hybrid Balanced... by loomisjohnson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...