So it looks like the ear pads aren't directional like the D5000/7000 ? ie smaller in front bigger in back.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 4post #46 of 7511/5/10 at 2:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7511/5/10 at 7:38pmpost #48 of 7511/5/10 at 7:48pmpost #49 of 7511/5/10 at 8:02pm
Can't say, as I don't have D7000. But the A100 earpads are very very soft. They are also big enough to be comfortably placed around the ears. I can feel no pressure and no discomfort after hours of listening.
Cheerspost #50 of 7511/5/10 at 8:13pm
d7000 more comfortable imo, ah-a100 fits nice, but kinda tight, makes my ears sweat.... never had that problem with my d7000post #51 of 7511/5/10 at 8:30pm
I'm afraid not. In view of this, A100 may be a bit pricey.
But soundwise, I think it worths the money.post #52 of 7511/5/10 at 8:56pmQuote:
They publicize the material used for the pads as "skin soft" material - I take that means NOT genuine leather
But I agree, sound is all it's about right, and the A100 sound is well worth the money.post #53 of 7511/5/10 at 9:48pmpost #54 of 7511/5/10 at 9:59pm
I wouldn't say either.
I have HD650 with Cardas cable. When driven by Graham Slee Solo, to my ears HD650 outperforms A100 in terms of sound stage, details and dynamics. So, with $500, there are possibly some better choices. A100 is anyhow closed-type cans. Open cans still have their strength.
I wouldn't say A100 is the best sounding Denon too. Although I don't have D7000, I believe price tells the difference. The best sounding Denon should be D7000.
Having said that, if we're only talking about portable, closed-type, easily-driven cans, then I would nominate A100 to be top of the list.
Just my 2 cents.post #55 of 7511/5/10 at 10:54pmThread Starterpost #56 of 7511/5/10 at 11:07pmpost #57 of 7511/5/10 at 11:31pm
I think the first point I must make is, A100 is far more comfortable than all these portable you mentioned.
post #58 of 7511/5/10 at 11:50pmpost #59 of 7511/6/10 at 12:18amThread Starter
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 55 seconds ago
- › Would this setup work? 2 minutes ago
- › Apple EarPods Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Budget amp for HD 598 and DT 880 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2