So it looks like the ear pads aren't directional like the D5000/7000 ? ie smaller in front bigger in back.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Massdrop X HIFIMAN HE350 Introduction It has been such a vibrant time in the Massdrop landscape, as they have been able to create successful collaborations with respected...
INTRODUCTION This is my 2nd product from Shozy. I purchased Shozy Alien Gold Edition and loved the product so much so that I put my sincere appreciation of releasing such a great DAP to...
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 4post #46 of 7511/5/10 at 2:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7511/5/10 at 7:38pmpost #48 of 7511/5/10 at 7:48pmpost #49 of 7511/5/10 at 8:02pm
Can't say, as I don't have D7000. But the A100 earpads are very very soft. They are also big enough to be comfortably placed around the ears. I can feel no pressure and no discomfort after hours of listening.
Cheerspost #50 of 7511/5/10 at 8:13pm
d7000 more comfortable imo, ah-a100 fits nice, but kinda tight, makes my ears sweat.... never had that problem with my d7000post #51 of 7511/5/10 at 8:30pm
I'm afraid not. In view of this, A100 may be a bit pricey.
But soundwise, I think it worths the money.post #52 of 7511/5/10 at 8:56pmQuote:
They publicize the material used for the pads as "skin soft" material - I take that means NOT genuine leather
But I agree, sound is all it's about right, and the A100 sound is well worth the money.post #53 of 7511/5/10 at 9:48pmpost #54 of 7511/5/10 at 9:59pm
I wouldn't say either.
I have HD650 with Cardas cable. When driven by Graham Slee Solo, to my ears HD650 outperforms A100 in terms of sound stage, details and dynamics. So, with $500, there are possibly some better choices. A100 is anyhow closed-type cans. Open cans still have their strength.
I wouldn't say A100 is the best sounding Denon too. Although I don't have D7000, I believe price tells the difference. The best sounding Denon should be D7000.
Having said that, if we're only talking about portable, closed-type, easily-driven cans, then I would nominate A100 to be top of the list.
Just my 2 cents.post #55 of 7511/5/10 at 10:54pmThread Starterpost #56 of 7511/5/10 at 11:07pmpost #57 of 7511/5/10 at 11:31pm
I think the first point I must make is, A100 is far more comfortable than all these portable you mentioned.
post #58 of 7511/5/10 at 11:50pmpost #59 of 7511/6/10 at 12:18amThread Starter
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 second ago
- › Anyone using Arcam irDAC & what do you think of it? 37 seconds ago
- › New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+ 39 seconds ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 1 minute ago
- › Recommendation request - T50RP MKIII 1 minute ago
- › Audeze's 2016 revamp, re-voiced and re-engineered headphones, the... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Canlanta 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse