So it looks like the ear pads aren't directional like the D5000/7000 ? ie smaller in front bigger in back.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
I have felt compelled to attempt my first review after recently building Bottleheads premium diy headphone amplifier offering the Bottlehead Mainline. I have built a few of their kits now and...
First of all I would like to thank FiiO for choosing me as part of the world tour of the new X3 DAP. I am pretty new in reviewing audio devices, and I feel really grateful for including...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 4post #46 of 7511/5/10 at 2:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7511/5/10 at 7:38pmpost #48 of 7511/5/10 at 7:48pmpost #49 of 7511/5/10 at 8:02pm
Can't say, as I don't have D7000. But the A100 earpads are very very soft. They are also big enough to be comfortably placed around the ears. I can feel no pressure and no discomfort after hours of listening.
Cheerspost #50 of 7511/5/10 at 8:13pm
d7000 more comfortable imo, ah-a100 fits nice, but kinda tight, makes my ears sweat.... never had that problem with my d7000post #51 of 7511/5/10 at 8:30pm
I'm afraid not. In view of this, A100 may be a bit pricey.
But soundwise, I think it worths the money.post #52 of 7511/5/10 at 8:56pmQuote:
They publicize the material used for the pads as "skin soft" material - I take that means NOT genuine leather
But I agree, sound is all it's about right, and the A100 sound is well worth the money.post #53 of 7511/5/10 at 9:48pmpost #54 of 7511/5/10 at 9:59pm
I wouldn't say either.
I have HD650 with Cardas cable. When driven by Graham Slee Solo, to my ears HD650 outperforms A100 in terms of sound stage, details and dynamics. So, with $500, there are possibly some better choices. A100 is anyhow closed-type cans. Open cans still have their strength.
I wouldn't say A100 is the best sounding Denon too. Although I don't have D7000, I believe price tells the difference. The best sounding Denon should be D7000.
Having said that, if we're only talking about portable, closed-type, easily-driven cans, then I would nominate A100 to be top of the list.
Just my 2 cents.post #55 of 7511/5/10 at 10:54pmThread Starterpost #56 of 7511/5/10 at 11:07pmpost #57 of 7511/5/10 at 11:31pm
I think the first point I must make is, A100 is far more comfortable than all these portable you mentioned.
post #58 of 7511/5/10 at 11:50pmpost #59 of 7511/6/10 at 12:18amThread Starter
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 12 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 40 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for recommendations for a portable, closed-back headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Cable Upgrade - Fact or Fiction? 6 minutes ago
- › HE1000 pricing: what drives the price of headphones? 6 minutes ago
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2