So it looks like the ear pads aren't directional like the D5000/7000 ? ie smaller in front bigger in back.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 4post #46 of 7511/5/10 at 2:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7511/5/10 at 7:38pmpost #48 of 7511/5/10 at 7:48pmpost #49 of 7511/5/10 at 8:02pm
Can't say, as I don't have D7000. But the A100 earpads are very very soft. They are also big enough to be comfortably placed around the ears. I can feel no pressure and no discomfort after hours of listening.
Cheerspost #50 of 7511/5/10 at 8:13pm
d7000 more comfortable imo, ah-a100 fits nice, but kinda tight, makes my ears sweat.... never had that problem with my d7000post #51 of 7511/5/10 at 8:30pm
I'm afraid not. In view of this, A100 may be a bit pricey.
But soundwise, I think it worths the money.post #52 of 7511/5/10 at 8:56pmQuote:
They publicize the material used for the pads as "skin soft" material - I take that means NOT genuine leather
But I agree, sound is all it's about right, and the A100 sound is well worth the money.post #53 of 7511/5/10 at 9:48pmpost #54 of 7511/5/10 at 9:59pm
I wouldn't say either.
I have HD650 with Cardas cable. When driven by Graham Slee Solo, to my ears HD650 outperforms A100 in terms of sound stage, details and dynamics. So, with $500, there are possibly some better choices. A100 is anyhow closed-type cans. Open cans still have their strength.
I wouldn't say A100 is the best sounding Denon too. Although I don't have D7000, I believe price tells the difference. The best sounding Denon should be D7000.
Having said that, if we're only talking about portable, closed-type, easily-driven cans, then I would nominate A100 to be top of the list.
Just my 2 cents.post #55 of 7511/5/10 at 10:54pmThread Starterpost #56 of 7511/5/10 at 11:07pmpost #57 of 7511/5/10 at 11:31pm
I think the first point I must make is, A100 is far more comfortable than all these portable you mentioned.
post #58 of 7511/5/10 at 11:50pmpost #59 of 7511/6/10 at 12:18amThread Starter
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 37 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 45 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 48 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 59 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 7 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear