Have you tried them unamped directly from your iPod? Are they sensitive enough for drive?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 2post #16 of 7511/1/10 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 7511/1/10 at 3:24pm
Of how good a quality is the cable? Is it flimsy/sticky and has a plastic exterior, like the D2000, or is it tough/smooth and has a Elastomer exterior like the D7000?
Thankspost #18 of 7511/1/10 at 8:19pmThread Starterpost #19 of 7511/1/10 at 8:26pmThread StarterQuote:
It's a Y type OFC cable, definitely not flimsy. But I am not sure the cable is like the D7K because I don't have one.post #20 of 7511/2/10 at 12:00amThread Starter
The iPod Classic can drive it, but need to switch the volume to about 8/10 or 9/10 to have sufficient sound.
Edited by SaiSai - 11/2/10 at 12:11ampost #21 of 7511/2/10 at 1:37ampost #22 of 7511/2/10 at 1:56amQuote:
Well it sort of depends on the SPLs you're used to. For me half of the EU capped iPod Classic volume is more than sufficient. I could say this because I tried this setting at the show.
post #23 of 7511/2/10 at 3:42amThread Starterpost #24 of 7511/2/10 at 5:53amThread Starterpost #25 of 7511/2/10 at 7:34ampost #26 of 7511/2/10 at 7:52amI have a D7000 and it's also made in Mainland China.
Does can you please post a pic of the connector? I wonder if it can be used with my iPhone 4 with the Bumper case on.post #27 of 7511/2/10 at 5:58pmpost #28 of 7511/2/10 at 6:29pmpost #29 of 7511/2/10 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:
I am not going to give a review and will just keep on posting one liners.post #30 of 7511/2/10 at 8:37pmQuote:
Fair enough~ I think I'll do a review of sorts after spending more quality time with the A100s (I've just got mine yesterday) but now, another one-liner : man this is what I think the farthest a portable can can take you, if you consider the A100 portable. An undeniably lush and superbly defined sound all across the frequency spectrum, very nice extension at both ends, comfy and lightweight, looks gorgeous, and less eccentric-sounding than the ED8. The only problem is you gotta get a nice pouch for it to prevent scratches on the sweet and shiny mahogany - not including a pouch in the package is a HUGE letdown, considering the much cheaper D1100, which is more or less of the same size and built, has a pouch included!!!!!!
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Denon aha 100No reviews yet.
- Headphone Impedance
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Enter to win a Bowie-Inspired MOMENTUM Headphone from Sennheiser... 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 11 minutes ago
- › IEMs with small housings for listening in bed 11 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 12 minutes ago
- › Audioengine A5 vs. KRK Rokit RP6 G2…Nice!!! 12 minutes ago
- › Sound Card or DAC? ODAC +2 or STX II 16 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude