Have you tried them unamped directly from your iPod? Are they sensitive enough for drive?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR-2 DAP Review And Impressions - Expatinjapan Head Pie Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2...
Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 2post #16 of 7511/1/10 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 7511/1/10 at 3:24pm
Of how good a quality is the cable? Is it flimsy/sticky and has a plastic exterior, like the D2000, or is it tough/smooth and has a Elastomer exterior like the D7000?
Thankspost #18 of 7511/1/10 at 8:19pmThread Starterpost #19 of 7511/1/10 at 8:26pmThread StarterQuote:
It's a Y type OFC cable, definitely not flimsy. But I am not sure the cable is like the D7K because I don't have one.post #20 of 7511/2/10 at 12:00amThread Starter
The iPod Classic can drive it, but need to switch the volume to about 8/10 or 9/10 to have sufficient sound.
Edited by SaiSai - 11/2/10 at 12:11ampost #21 of 7511/2/10 at 1:37ampost #22 of 7511/2/10 at 1:56amQuote:
Well it sort of depends on the SPLs you're used to. For me half of the EU capped iPod Classic volume is more than sufficient. I could say this because I tried this setting at the show.
post #23 of 7511/2/10 at 3:42amThread Starterpost #24 of 7511/2/10 at 5:53amThread Starterpost #25 of 7511/2/10 at 7:34ampost #26 of 7511/2/10 at 7:52amI have a D7000 and it's also made in Mainland China.
Does can you please post a pic of the connector? I wonder if it can be used with my iPhone 4 with the Bumper case on.post #27 of 7511/2/10 at 5:58pmpost #28 of 7511/2/10 at 6:29pmpost #29 of 7511/2/10 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:
I am not going to give a review and will just keep on posting one liners.post #30 of 7511/2/10 at 8:37pmQuote:
Fair enough~ I think I'll do a review of sorts after spending more quality time with the A100s (I've just got mine yesterday) but now, another one-liner : man this is what I think the farthest a portable can can take you, if you consider the A100 portable. An undeniably lush and superbly defined sound all across the frequency spectrum, very nice extension at both ends, comfy and lightweight, looks gorgeous, and less eccentric-sounding than the ED8. The only problem is you gotta get a nice pouch for it to prevent scratches on the sweet and shiny mahogany - not including a pouch in the package is a HUGE letdown, considering the much cheaper D1100, which is more or less of the same size and built, has a pouch included!!!!!!
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio Technica SR5BT-louder with amp? 21 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 42 seconds ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Hey guys - how can I connect a headphone amp to my audio interface? 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Philips Fidelio X1 (Excellent Condition, Stock and... 6 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › LH Labs Geek Out V2+ by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...