Have you tried them unamped directly from your iPod? Are they sensitive enough for drive?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The purple edition of this headphone is a hidden gem. Most people see me wearing these and assume I am some unacknowledged sheeple. While this is possible, I would attest to the argument that these...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 2post #16 of 7511/1/10 at 1:43pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 7511/1/10 at 3:24pm
Of how good a quality is the cable? Is it flimsy/sticky and has a plastic exterior, like the D2000, or is it tough/smooth and has a Elastomer exterior like the D7000?
Thankspost #18 of 7511/1/10 at 8:19pmThread Starterpost #19 of 7511/1/10 at 8:26pmThread StarterQuote:
It's a Y type OFC cable, definitely not flimsy. But I am not sure the cable is like the D7K because I don't have one.post #20 of 7511/2/10 at 12:00amThread Starter
The iPod Classic can drive it, but need to switch the volume to about 8/10 or 9/10 to have sufficient sound.
Edited by SaiSai - 11/2/10 at 12:11ampost #21 of 7511/2/10 at 1:37ampost #22 of 7511/2/10 at 1:56amQuote:
Well it sort of depends on the SPLs you're used to. For me half of the EU capped iPod Classic volume is more than sufficient. I could say this because I tried this setting at the show.
post #23 of 7511/2/10 at 3:42amThread Starterpost #24 of 7511/2/10 at 5:53amThread Starterpost #25 of 7511/2/10 at 7:34ampost #26 of 7511/2/10 at 7:52amI have a D7000 and it's also made in Mainland China.
Does can you please post a pic of the connector? I wonder if it can be used with my iPhone 4 with the Bumper case on.post #27 of 7511/2/10 at 5:58pmpost #28 of 7511/2/10 at 6:29pmpost #29 of 7511/2/10 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:
I am not going to give a review and will just keep on posting one liners.post #30 of 7511/2/10 at 8:37pmQuote:
Fair enough~ I think I'll do a review of sorts after spending more quality time with the A100s (I've just got mine yesterday) but now, another one-liner : man this is what I think the farthest a portable can can take you, if you consider the A100 portable. An undeniably lush and superbly defined sound all across the frequency spectrum, very nice extension at both ends, comfy and lightweight, looks gorgeous, and less eccentric-sounding than the ED8. The only problem is you gotta get a nice pouch for it to prevent scratches on the sweet and shiny mahogany - not including a pouch in the package is a HUGE letdown, considering the much cheaper D1100, which is more or less of the same size and built, has a pouch included!!!!!!
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and... 38 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 52 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Natinite s:flo2 and stage piano (Kawai MP-10) 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 8 minutes ago
- › fiio x3 versus ipod classic 10 minutes ago
- › best portable amp under 300. 10 minutes ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 11 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by boobs
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi