Have you tried them unamped directly from your iPod? Are they sensitive enough for drive?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 2post #16 of 7511/1/10 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 7511/1/10 at 3:24pm
Of how good a quality is the cable? Is it flimsy/sticky and has a plastic exterior, like the D2000, or is it tough/smooth and has a Elastomer exterior like the D7000?
Thankspost #18 of 7511/1/10 at 8:19pmThread Starterpost #19 of 7511/1/10 at 8:26pmThread StarterQuote:
It's a Y type OFC cable, definitely not flimsy. But I am not sure the cable is like the D7K because I don't have one.post #20 of 7511/2/10 at 12:00amThread Starter
The iPod Classic can drive it, but need to switch the volume to about 8/10 or 9/10 to have sufficient sound.
Edited by SaiSai - 11/2/10 at 12:11ampost #21 of 7511/2/10 at 1:37ampost #22 of 7511/2/10 at 1:56amQuote:
Well it sort of depends on the SPLs you're used to. For me half of the EU capped iPod Classic volume is more than sufficient. I could say this because I tried this setting at the show.
post #23 of 7511/2/10 at 3:42amThread Starterpost #24 of 7511/2/10 at 5:53amThread Starterpost #25 of 7511/2/10 at 7:34ampost #26 of 7511/2/10 at 7:52amI have a D7000 and it's also made in Mainland China.
Does can you please post a pic of the connector? I wonder if it can be used with my iPhone 4 with the Bumper case on.post #27 of 7511/2/10 at 5:58pmpost #28 of 7511/2/10 at 6:29pmpost #29 of 7511/2/10 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:
I am not going to give a review and will just keep on posting one liners.post #30 of 7511/2/10 at 8:37pmQuote:
Fair enough~ I think I'll do a review of sorts after spending more quality time with the A100s (I've just got mine yesterday) but now, another one-liner : man this is what I think the farthest a portable can can take you, if you consider the A100 portable. An undeniably lush and superbly defined sound all across the frequency spectrum, very nice extension at both ends, comfy and lightweight, looks gorgeous, and less eccentric-sounding than the ED8. The only problem is you gotta get a nice pouch for it to prevent scratches on the sweet and shiny mahogany - not including a pouch in the package is a HUGE letdown, considering the much cheaper D1100, which is more or less of the same size and built, has a pouch included!!!!!!
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 13 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Opamp + adapter for FiiO E12DIY 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 3 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic A 20 amp 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 minutes ago
- › IC: Vancouver mini-meet - Jul/Aug 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 7 minutes ago
- › SAmsung galaxy note 2 8 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)