Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-A100 photo album
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-A100 photo album - Page 2

post #16 of 75

Have you tried them unamped directly from your iPod? Are they sensitive enough for drive?

post #17 of 75

Of how good a quality is the cable? Is it flimsy/sticky and has a plastic exterior, like the D2000, or is it tough/smooth and has a Elastomer exterior like the D7000?

 

Thanks

post #18 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha10 View Post

Have you tried them unamped directly from your iPod? Are they sensitive enough for drive?



I will try that later.

post #19 of 75
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by floeezy View Post

Of how good a quality is the cable? Is it flimsy/sticky and has a plastic exterior, like the D2000, or is it tough/smooth and has a Elastomer exterior like the D7000?

 

Thanks

 

It's a Y type OFC cable, definitely not flimsy. But I am not sure the cable is like the D7K because I don't have one.

post #20 of 75
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha10 View Post

Have you tried them unamped directly from your iPod? Are they sensitive enough for drive?



The iPod Classic can drive it, but need to switch the volume to about 8/10 or 9/10 to have sufficient sound.


Edited by SaiSai - 11/2/10 at 12:11am
post #21 of 75

Ok, so sensitivity is about the same as the AH-D2000

post #22 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSai View Post



 



The iPod Classic can drive it, but need to switch the volume to about 8/10 or 9/10 to have sufficient sound.

 

Well it sort of depends on the SPLs you're used to. For me half of the EU capped iPod Classic volume is more than sufficient. I could say this because I tried this setting at the show.
 

post #23 of 75
Thread Starter 

Now it's time to plug into the Burson HA 160.  Sounds good. But I think the can will give you more pleasantly surprises from a portable amp.

 

IMG_0215.JPG

post #24 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post

Made in Japan?



Nope

 

IMG_0216.JPG

post #25 of 75

aren't the others denon such as d2000, d5000, etc made from china also?

post #26 of 75
I have a D7000 and it's also made in Mainland China. smily_headphones1.gif

Does can you please post a pic of the connector? I wonder if it can be used with my iPhone 4 with the Bumper case on.
post #27 of 75

Are you going to give a proper review or just keep on posting one liners?

post #28 of 75

where on the d7000 does say where it's made from? I can't seem to find it on mine

post #29 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh0802 View Post

Are you going to give a proper review or just keep on posting one liners?

 

I am not going to give a review and will just keep on posting one liners.

post #30 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSai View Post



 

I am not going to give a review and will just keep on posting one liners.



Fair enough~   I think I'll do a review of sorts after spending more quality time with the A100s (I've just got mine yesterday) but now, another one-liner : man this is what I think the farthest a portable can can take you, if you consider the A100 portable. An undeniably lush and superbly defined sound all across the frequency spectrum, very nice extension at both ends, comfy and lightweight, looks gorgeous, and less eccentric-sounding than the ED8. The only problem is you gotta get a nice pouch for it to prevent scratches on the sweet and shiny mahogany - not including a pouch in the package is a HUGE letdown, considering the much cheaper D1100, which is more or less of the same size and built, has a pouch included!!!!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-A100 photo album