Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Denon AH-A100 photo albumpost #1 of 7511/1/10 at 1:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 7511/1/10 at 1:19amThread Starterpost #3 of 7511/1/10 at 1:25amThread Starterpost #4 of 7511/1/10 at 1:27am
Damn too many headphones to buy!!
please tell me how good are they>>
how it compare to the D7000????
as i am planning to use my D7000 as a portable headphones with the HM602 ( i know it is not that portable. lol)post #5 of 7511/1/10 at 1:32amThread StarterQuote:
I had a D1001 and D501 in the past,
I think it's for portable because it only weights 195g
Typical Denon sound with powerful bass.post #6 of 7511/1/10 at 1:33ampost #7 of 7511/1/10 at 1:35am
Please give opinions soon. I've read somewhere on these forums, that a head-fier preferred the a100 over the D7000 and D5000. That's just one opinion though. I really want to hear what you think about these headphones, so far they look very similar to the d1100 except for the shiny wooden cups. From what I've heard from other members the D2000 is still better than the D1100. Who knows, maybe the a100 is completely different from the d1100, I'm hoping that it will be.post #8 of 7511/1/10 at 2:29ampost #9 of 7511/1/10 at 7:40ampost #10 of 7511/1/10 at 7:43ampost #11 of 7511/1/10 at 8:04amThread Starter
I don't think it's made in Japan. I can see some Chinese words on the box and I think it's made in China.
Without burn-in, the sound is unexpectedly clean and clear. The soundstage is bigger than my Beyer T50p.post #12 of 7511/1/10 at 8:15ampost #13 of 7511/1/10 at 8:23amThread Starterpost #14 of 7511/1/10 at 8:25ampost #15 of 7511/1/10 at 10:00am
Would you consider these portable? Or are they the size of D2000?
Early Japanese Reviewers have written the follows:
1 early reviewer wrote: http://ayuchin.blog11.fc2.com/blog-entry-1186.html
The earpads are very comfortable and better than D1100. The headphone is much lighter than expected and faked me out, because the box was so heavy.
Upon first hearing it with minimal break-in, the tonal balance seems to be very similar to D1100 with the same kind of warm bass frequency. Not a significant jump or from D1100 so far. Though the A100 does seem to have slightly more clarity than the D1100. In terms of soundstage, the A100 is very good and you can hear the position of the orchestral instruments very well. Instrument separation is very clear, but not necessarily mind-blowing. The sound signature itself is very gentle and not very forward or harsh. It doesn't have the airy and clean feel of open headphones but that is to be expected. The A100 has very strong bass, but it's coming from deep within the headphones and doesn't get in the way of the mids which are very vibrant. After listening to the A100 for 3 hours, I went back to the D1100 and found the D1100 to be lacking the lushness, clarity and instrument separation and sounding dry.
2nd early reviewer/test report: http://www.phileweb.com/ec/index.php?p=24010
They sound very lush and warm but well balanced. Very deep and powerful bass with vibrant mids. Soundstage is very good and the ear pads are amazing. The headband is the same as the D1100 but the overall headphone is very light and I like it. The bass drum has very big impact, but it's not loose and doesn't muddle the other frequencies. The highs and cymbal crashes sound very good and spread around the headphones very naturally. It doesn't sound harsh at all but is still very powerful and is well balanced. Female vocals sound very supple yet gentle and feel like you can feel it to your bones. Acapellas are very clear and engulfing and you can hear the voice separations very well. Hendrix guitar sounds are abundant but not overpowering or or stiff...it just sounds natural with musical saturation. Bass doesn't sound linear, but instead is very smooth and supple grooviness. Great looks, quality and sound!
Hope these help!
I look forward to comparison with other Denon high end headphones as well as perhaps something like the ATH ESW9 or ES10 and the ultrasones.
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › I'm really sensitive to sibilance and strong treble; should I rule... 9 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 30 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 40 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 42 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bassy, Sealed Headphones for Under $35 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Confused on which headphones to choose for a portable device. 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)