Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Denon AH-A100 photo albumpost #1 of 7511/1/10 at 1:17amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 7511/1/10 at 1:19amThread Starterpost #3 of 7511/1/10 at 1:25amThread Starterpost #4 of 7511/1/10 at 1:27am
Damn too many headphones to buy!!
please tell me how good are they>>
how it compare to the D7000????
as i am planning to use my D7000 as a portable headphones with the HM602 ( i know it is not that portable. lol)post #5 of 7511/1/10 at 1:32amThread StarterQuote:
I had a D1001 and D501 in the past,
I think it's for portable because it only weights 195g
Typical Denon sound with powerful bass.post #6 of 7511/1/10 at 1:33ampost #7 of 7511/1/10 at 1:35am
Please give opinions soon. I've read somewhere on these forums, that a head-fier preferred the a100 over the D7000 and D5000. That's just one opinion though. I really want to hear what you think about these headphones, so far they look very similar to the d1100 except for the shiny wooden cups. From what I've heard from other members the D2000 is still better than the D1100. Who knows, maybe the a100 is completely different from the d1100, I'm hoping that it will be.post #8 of 7511/1/10 at 2:29ampost #9 of 7511/1/10 at 7:40ampost #10 of 7511/1/10 at 7:43ampost #11 of 7511/1/10 at 8:04amThread Starter
I don't think it's made in Japan. I can see some Chinese words on the box and I think it's made in China.
Without burn-in, the sound is unexpectedly clean and clear. The soundstage is bigger than my Beyer T50p.post #12 of 7511/1/10 at 8:15ampost #13 of 7511/1/10 at 8:23amThread Starterpost #14 of 7511/1/10 at 8:25ampost #15 of 7511/1/10 at 10:00am
Would you consider these portable? Or are they the size of D2000?
Early Japanese Reviewers have written the follows:
1 early reviewer wrote: http://ayuchin.blog11.fc2.com/blog-entry-1186.html
The earpads are very comfortable and better than D1100. The headphone is much lighter than expected and faked me out, because the box was so heavy.
Upon first hearing it with minimal break-in, the tonal balance seems to be very similar to D1100 with the same kind of warm bass frequency. Not a significant jump or from D1100 so far. Though the A100 does seem to have slightly more clarity than the D1100. In terms of soundstage, the A100 is very good and you can hear the position of the orchestral instruments very well. Instrument separation is very clear, but not necessarily mind-blowing. The sound signature itself is very gentle and not very forward or harsh. It doesn't have the airy and clean feel of open headphones but that is to be expected. The A100 has very strong bass, but it's coming from deep within the headphones and doesn't get in the way of the mids which are very vibrant. After listening to the A100 for 3 hours, I went back to the D1100 and found the D1100 to be lacking the lushness, clarity and instrument separation and sounding dry.
2nd early reviewer/test report: http://www.phileweb.com/ec/index.php?p=24010
They sound very lush and warm but well balanced. Very deep and powerful bass with vibrant mids. Soundstage is very good and the ear pads are amazing. The headband is the same as the D1100 but the overall headphone is very light and I like it. The bass drum has very big impact, but it's not loose and doesn't muddle the other frequencies. The highs and cymbal crashes sound very good and spread around the headphones very naturally. It doesn't sound harsh at all but is still very powerful and is well balanced. Female vocals sound very supple yet gentle and feel like you can feel it to your bones. Acapellas are very clear and engulfing and you can hear the voice separations very well. Hendrix guitar sounds are abundant but not overpowering or or stiff...it just sounds natural with musical saturation. Bass doesn't sound linear, but instead is very smooth and supple grooviness. Great looks, quality and sound!
Hope these help!
I look forward to comparison with other Denon high end headphones as well as perhaps something like the ATH ESW9 or ES10 and the ultrasones.
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Is there a cheapere alternative to B&W MM-1 Speakers? 36 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Need buying advice about these bass-heavy headphones!! 1 minute ago
- › Senn CX 300 II or Soundmagic E10 or some other in this budget ? 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › Cowon J3 vs Fiio X3 upgrade or sidegrade SQ only? 5 minutes ago
- › Next headphone for me to get? 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi