Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside Last post on 5/5/11 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality headphones but slightly portable? Last post on 3/20/11 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 , DT990 or AH-A100? Last post on 2/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100, opinions please vs m50 given my current rig Last post on 2/19/11 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AH-A100 and AH-D1100 are the same except............ Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
Denon AH-A100 photo albumpost #1 of 7511/1/10 at 1:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 7511/1/10 at 1:19amThread Starterpost #3 of 7511/1/10 at 1:25amThread Starterpost #4 of 7511/1/10 at 1:27am
Damn too many headphones to buy!!
please tell me how good are they>>
how it compare to the D7000????
as i am planning to use my D7000 as a portable headphones with the HM602 ( i know it is not that portable. lol)post #5 of 7511/1/10 at 1:32amThread StarterQuote:
I had a D1001 and D501 in the past,
I think it's for portable because it only weights 195g
Typical Denon sound with powerful bass.post #6 of 7511/1/10 at 1:33ampost #7 of 7511/1/10 at 1:35am
Please give opinions soon. I've read somewhere on these forums, that a head-fier preferred the a100 over the D7000 and D5000. That's just one opinion though. I really want to hear what you think about these headphones, so far they look very similar to the d1100 except for the shiny wooden cups. From what I've heard from other members the D2000 is still better than the D1100. Who knows, maybe the a100 is completely different from the d1100, I'm hoping that it will be.post #8 of 7511/1/10 at 2:29ampost #9 of 7511/1/10 at 7:40ampost #10 of 7511/1/10 at 7:43ampost #11 of 7511/1/10 at 8:04amThread Starter
I don't think it's made in Japan. I can see some Chinese words on the box and I think it's made in China.
Without burn-in, the sound is unexpectedly clean and clear. The soundstage is bigger than my Beyer T50p.post #12 of 7511/1/10 at 8:15ampost #13 of 7511/1/10 at 8:23amThread Starterpost #14 of 7511/1/10 at 8:25ampost #15 of 7511/1/10 at 10:00am
Would you consider these portable? Or are they the size of D2000?
Early Japanese Reviewers have written the follows:
1 early reviewer wrote: http://ayuchin.blog11.fc2.com/blog-entry-1186.html
The earpads are very comfortable and better than D1100. The headphone is much lighter than expected and faked me out, because the box was so heavy.
Upon first hearing it with minimal break-in, the tonal balance seems to be very similar to D1100 with the same kind of warm bass frequency. Not a significant jump or from D1100 so far. Though the A100 does seem to have slightly more clarity than the D1100. In terms of soundstage, the A100 is very good and you can hear the position of the orchestral instruments very well. Instrument separation is very clear, but not necessarily mind-blowing. The sound signature itself is very gentle and not very forward or harsh. It doesn't have the airy and clean feel of open headphones but that is to be expected. The A100 has very strong bass, but it's coming from deep within the headphones and doesn't get in the way of the mids which are very vibrant. After listening to the A100 for 3 hours, I went back to the D1100 and found the D1100 to be lacking the lushness, clarity and instrument separation and sounding dry.
2nd early reviewer/test report: http://www.phileweb.com/ec/index.php?p=24010
They sound very lush and warm but well balanced. Very deep and powerful bass with vibrant mids. Soundstage is very good and the ear pads are amazing. The headband is the same as the D1100 but the overall headphone is very light and I like it. The bass drum has very big impact, but it's not loose and doesn't muddle the other frequencies. The highs and cymbal crashes sound very good and spread around the headphones very naturally. It doesn't sound harsh at all but is still very powerful and is well balanced. Female vocals sound very supple yet gentle and feel like you can feel it to your bones. Acapellas are very clear and engulfing and you can hear the voice separations very well. Hendrix guitar sounds are abundant but not overpowering or or stiff...it just sounds natural with musical saturation. Bass doesn't sound linear, but instead is very smooth and supple grooviness. Great looks, quality and sound!
Hope these help!
I look forward to comparison with other Denon high end headphones as well as perhaps something like the ATH ESW9 or ES10 and the ultrasones.
- Denon AH-A100 photo album
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Denon aha 100No reviews yet.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 2 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Dynamic sound vs Planar Magnetic sound 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 minutes ago
- › Sony ZX1 8 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude