I have tried Bravo Ocean as a preamp and it does add a lush sweet sound with tube warmth.
Related Forum Threads
- Is this the same amplifier or two different models? Last post on 4/18/15 at 3:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo V2 weird problems. Last post on 6/14/11 at 9:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Use with Sennheiser PXC450 Last post on 5/22/11 at 5:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Actually It Wasn't As Bad As I Expected Out of the Box... Last post on 7/10/11 at 5:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between the...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package - Page 6
Not warmth always, but a very pleasant sweetness. Warm or less warm depends on the tube as well. Bravo Ocean is a good way to try a hybrid amp, haven't tried V2 though :)
This was quite the reassuring review. I have already bought the V2 after some less than in depth research, but it nice to see That I did well on this. I am honestly a total newbie when it comes to this. I figured I would start here With Bravo Audio.
has anyone done any measurements on their V2? i have my friend's V2 so i did some quick measurements on an audio precision. pretty disappointing. not remotely close to the specs listed on the product page. most notably the left output is about 3dB hotter than the right output; both are well below the total published gain with no load. THD at 1k was up around 1%.
also, i pulled a data sheet for the 12AU7. it's running so close to cut off that all the comments about switching tubes to give it a sweeter or warmer sound make me .
EDIT: Kind of meant to post this in the other thread..oh well...
Has anyone tried the K702 or Q701 with the V2?
I don't know if anyone has the same experience, but I think it's not really a good match. It's OK because I didn't buy it for that. Mostly just for a play toy.
There is a ton of gain/volume, but my Q701 seems much more harsh and thin than it should be. Same results with other tubes and sources.
The HD-650 however seems to love the V2. Not sure why, but maybe it's the tubes. With that headphone it sounds perfectly flat (The amp I mean).
Lately i've been using the Bravo V2 hooked up to a Sony Blu-Ray player and using my HD-650. Sounds amazing to my ears and the soundstage is huge.
I was watching "The Pacific" and felt like I was there..my Sony seems to actually have a very good DAC (AKM I believe) and has some warmth too.
Wonder if Bravo makes a more powerful amp that's better suited for the Q701?
BTW I think for the HD-650 the Bravo V2 is much better than the Schiit Vali hybrid tube amp. The Vali however is a better match for the Q701, but was awful with my HD-650.
Overall for the V2 I'd say it was worth the price, but it's not an amp that sounds 3x it's asking price or anything. I could actually be perfectly happy using it for the HD-650 as my main amp though!
I have the Bravo V2 paired with my ATH-M50 headphones and was wondering if anyone has a tube to recommend that would pair better? I'm currently using a cheap electro harmonix tube I found on Amazon. Less noise and microphonic issues and a warmer sound than the stock tube, but the mids and highs still get a little tiresome after a half hour to hour of listening. I'm hoping to find something relatively cheap - I don't want to dump a lot of cash into a $60 bargain amp.
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package
- › [WTS] JH13 Freqphase Custom IEM 7 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 14 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 14 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 25 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 49 seconds ago
- › New member 51 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2