I have tried Bravo Ocean as a preamp and it does add a lush sweet sound with tube warmth.
Related Forum Threads
- Bravo Audio V2 - Pop, Red light off.... WTF? Last post on 7/21/15 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is this the same amplifier or two different models? Last post on 4/18/15 at 3:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Choosing a first amp. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Bravo V2 weird problems. Last post on 6/14/11 at 9:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Use with Sennheiser PXC450 Last post on 5/22/11 at 5:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
- Headphone Impedance
Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not warmth always, but a very pleasant sweetness. Warm or less warm depends on the tube as well. Bravo Ocean is a good way to try a hybrid amp, haven't tried V2 though :)
This was quite the reassuring review. I have already bought the V2 after some less than in depth research, but it nice to see That I did well on this. I am honestly a total newbie when it comes to this. I figured I would start here With Bravo Audio.
has anyone done any measurements on their V2? i have my friend's V2 so i did some quick measurements on an audio precision. pretty disappointing. not remotely close to the specs listed on the product page. most notably the left output is about 3dB hotter than the right output; both are well below the total published gain with no load. THD at 1k was up around 1%.
also, i pulled a data sheet for the 12AU7. it's running so close to cut off that all the comments about switching tubes to give it a sweeter or warmer sound make me .
EDIT: Kind of meant to post this in the other thread..oh well...
Has anyone tried the K702 or Q701 with the V2?
I don't know if anyone has the same experience, but I think it's not really a good match. It's OK because I didn't buy it for that. Mostly just for a play toy.
There is a ton of gain/volume, but my Q701 seems much more harsh and thin than it should be. Same results with other tubes and sources.
The HD-650 however seems to love the V2. Not sure why, but maybe it's the tubes. With that headphone it sounds perfectly flat (The amp I mean).
Lately i've been using the Bravo V2 hooked up to a Sony Blu-Ray player and using my HD-650. Sounds amazing to my ears and the soundstage is huge.
I was watching "The Pacific" and felt like I was there..my Sony seems to actually have a very good DAC (AKM I believe) and has some warmth too.
Wonder if Bravo makes a more powerful amp that's better suited for the Q701?
BTW I think for the HD-650 the Bravo V2 is much better than the Schiit Vali hybrid tube amp. The Vali however is a better match for the Q701, but was awful with my HD-650.
Overall for the V2 I'd say it was worth the price, but it's not an amp that sounds 3x it's asking price or anything. I could actually be perfectly happy using it for the HD-650 as my main amp though!
I have the Bravo V2 paired with my ATH-M50 headphones and was wondering if anyone has a tube to recommend that would pair better? I'm currently using a cheap electro harmonix tube I found on Amazon. Less noise and microphonic issues and a warmer sound than the stock tube, but the mids and highs still get a little tiresome after a half hour to hour of listening. I'm hoping to find something relatively cheap - I don't want to dump a lot of cash into a $60 bargain amp.
Just bought a V2 second hand and giving it a first listen now and comparing it to my Rega Ear Mk1. Sounds fine so far, not as involving as the Ear but it's a different price category. I was wondering, how do I remove the tube? The seller sent the amp with a second, better tube but I can't figure out how to swap them. Do I just pull the existing tube out or do I need to take a screwdriver to the casing?
- Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package
- › Have a PA2V2: thorn between DSX vs DX (vs Creative?) 32 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 41 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 43 seconds ago
- › Original Musical Fidelity V-DAC with Power Adapter (Free Shipping!) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 2 minutes ago
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-500 Elite Review & Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2