New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HJE900 vs Brainwavz M2 - Page 2

post #16 of 25

The HJE900 is a well built earphone for $80. I don't like the cable but it is user replaceable with a Sleek Audio cable. The first thing to go typically has something to do with the cable and with a replaceable cable that is no longer an issue.

post #17 of 25

The HJE900s are so well built I wouldn't worry about them braking. Their sound is another matter though. . . . Their uneven frequency response and really relexed mids made them a no-go for me.

post #18 of 25
Thread Starter 

bump

post #19 of 25
Thread Starter 

does the hje900 have enough bass for hip hop, i hear from some that it has alot of bass and from others that does not have enough

post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_Truthfist View Post

does the hje900 have enough bass for hip hop, i hear from some that it has alot of bass and from others that does not have enough



The best way to describe the Pana bass and anything about the Pana, is if your song has bass it will, if it doesn't it won't. The pana's are very revealing of the song, low bitrate, and how well your recording is mastered. If you've never had quality before this is a good step in the search for more. The pana's are 89/90, sometimes a 100$ try them out, remember this phone was once on the market for 250!. Buying this is like getting a ferrari for 20,000. I can't stress enough the importance this purchase will be to your ears. At the end of the day whatever you buy only your ears can decide. The build quality is 5/5 the customer service is excellent, the sound is 5/5, it's Eq'able to ones liking. The only downside to these is these the tips that come with them are good but there's better. Also some might find the cable about a inch or so off from the natural preference. Isolation is a must in most peoples eyes so those searching for Shure/Ety isolation will not get it. But that's called super isolation, only to be bested by customs, so to each is own. Last thing, every downside can be corrected and the downsides I see as a downside might be fine for another man. Therefore I can inform only so much, to benefit from it you must purchase to have your own opinion. Others peoples opinion are just that....other peoples opinion. Also every question you post could have been answered in the appreciation thread, I suggest you look there for the more 'basic information'.


Edited by Confispect - 11/6/10 at 4:45pm
post #21 of 25

curious if anyone's seen a frequency response curve for the M2.... saw one here for the Panny and it surprised me a bit with low-end roll off from a wide low-mid bass hump and more of am overall V-shape than reviews suggest. I guess peering at a curve doesn't tell you a great deal, but it gives a few hints at how an IEM will sound. 

post #22 of 25


Quote:

Originally Posted by wordfool View Post

curious if anyone's seen a frequency response curve for the M2.... saw one here for the Panny and it surprised me a bit with low-end roll off from a wide low-mid bass hump and more of am overall V-shape than reviews suggest. I guess peering at a curve doesn't tell you a great deal, but it gives a few hints at how an IEM will sound. 


Why is that surprising? Most of the reviews I've read say that the Panny doesn't have the greatest extension and has hyped-up mid/upper-bass and treble. The M2 curve is hyped by around 5dB in mid/upper-bass and the again past 1k so I guess you can call it mildly v-shaped. Certainly doesn't sound that way.

post #23 of 25

I guess what surprised me about the panasonic curve is the bass hump... from all the talk of punchy and extended bass I would have expected a slightly flatter curve down there, but then I'm nowhere near an expert at reading these things smily_headphones1.gif

 

From what I've read, the M2 sounds less punchy in the bass and (though not less voluminous) and less sparkly up high... does that sound about right? 

post #24 of 25

never heard the panny's but the bass on the M2's is plenty punchy, it's also fast. sparkle is up for debate. i find there to be a fair amount, but i'm not a fan of over abundant top end. i couldn't stand the S4's.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordfool View Post

I guess what surprised me about the panasonic curve is the bass hump... from all the talk of punchy and extended bass I would have expected a slightly flatter curve down there, but then I'm nowhere near an expert at reading these things smily_headphones1.gif

 

From what I've read, the M2 sounds less punchy in the bass and (though not less voluminous) and less sparkly up high... does that sound about right? 

post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordfool View Post

From what I've read, the M2 sounds less punchy in the bass and (though not less voluminous) and less sparkly up high... does that sound about right? 



To my ears that's true on both counts.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: