I have owned IE8 and UM3x and greatly preferred the um3x. Looking for something like that but for <$100
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)tagged by System, 10/27/10
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 10/27/10
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 10/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- In need of serious advice Last post on 11/14/10 at 7:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gym Headphones? Last post on 10/3/12 at 4:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR07 - Tips Thread Last post on 4/22/15 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comply Tips Review Last post on 4/17/15 at 12:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Looking for a budget IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
HJE900s, MEElec M6s.
I haven't heard the HJEs but I've read that they're great for the price.
I own the M6s along with the SE535s. They're obviously not as good as the Shures, but they sound a LOT better than they're priced. So if you want to save yourself a lot of money, go get yourself a pair of M6s. Overstock is having a sale on them ($18 with $1 shipping). They're much more colored than the Shures too, which is I'm guessing good for you, as you're previous IEMs were the IE8s and UM3Xs.
the phonak are very good, but if you liked the um3x, then you have to buy a better version of this (with the neutral filter and so on)
RE0 have very good highs and they are the cheapest.
I don´t know anything about the hje900.
- Looking for a budget IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 second ago
- › Mini-Meet and Tour at MrSpeakers, San Diego, Saturday May 9, 12-5PM 8 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 50 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › DACS Compatible with Synology nas directly with USB 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2