- 151 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Paris, France
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best all around headphones Last post on 10/31/11 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- FA-002w / FA-003 Update? Last post on 6/17/12 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-002W (OW model) - Page 8post #106 of 1158/26/11 at 9:16amDo you think the FA 002w is better than the AKG 701 or the HD650 ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1159/9/11 at 12:30pmpost #108 of 1159/9/11 at 1:38pmpost #109 of 11511/22/11 at 1:33pm
So the status of mine changed to "Shipped" on October 21... Is 4+ weeks from Russia to US normal? Are they using carrier pigeons?
More importantly, does anyone ever get tracking numbers? I've asked GD audiobase twice but haven't gotten a single reply... A simple "no we don't give out tracking numbers" would be 500x better customer service than just not replying IMO. Maybe I should use google translate and send my question in russian..
Edited by Sentient - 11/22/11 at 1:34pmpost #110 of 11511/23/11 at 6:50am
Same with me, I never got a tracking number either, only been about 2 weeks since mine shipped though. Really strange, wonder if anyones ordered these in the past couple months and had the same issues.post #111 of 11512/30/11 at 6:10pm
First Impressions of my FA 002w
They look beautiful. I'll add picture sometime, the wood is gorgeous.
Despite not having an adapter to connect them to my computer or Zune, I could plug them into my new Kawai CA3 that has 1/4" headphone outputs (edit: a week later I realize the 1/4 part just screws off to reveal the 1/8 part, like an adapter for only these headphones). I played Chopin's Nocturne in Eb Op 9 No 2 first and was very impressed. I had been thinking that my piano's speakers didn't represent the sound nearly as well the output actually was, and my new headphones confirmed this. I feel like I can actually here the Kawai EX Concert Grand that its 88 keys were (individually!) sampled from. This (combined with the ivory feel of the my piano's keys and superb RM3 action) made playing simply amazing. Then I played Chopin's Waltz in Db Op 64 No 1 and that must have been the fastest and most controlled I've every played it. The increased in sound quality brings out the finer level of perfection in my piano and consequently I have to play with an even higher level of finesse and control. I'm loving it. The bass notes and high notes are especially a lot better sounding than they were with either my built-in speakers or my Senn Hd 202's (best headphones I've heard up until today).
I go to a Best Buy and buy an adapter set that include a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and plug it straight into my Zune. First song from a real (how good is a Zune?) source: High Hopes by Pink Floyd. This song is a real eye opener for what I've been missing. The piano sounds so real. I had never noticed the guitar so clearly either. Well, pretty much everything was clearer. I felt like I could just peel whatever instrument I wanted to out of the rope of music and listen to it specifically. Maybe I'm just having fun with similes, but that's what was going through my head. When the beat picks up for real (I don't know, maybe 5 minutes in or so?) I really start to notice how everything sounds so good together. Each different gets focus for a little bit before the focus shifts, I feel like that was really well done by Pink Floyd and my new headphones brought it out more than I had ever noticed.
Louis Armstrong with Without My Walking Stick sounds better, I don't think I have a very good recording though. The muted trumpet was a lot more real than I ever remember. I used to play trumpet (used mutes occasionally) and it brought back good memories.
Rachmaninoff's Prelude Op 23 No 5 was next. I'm learning this song right now and listening to it brought out some details I had never noticed. I heard the left hand more distinctly in the middle part than I remember hearing before.
Well, I'm really liking these so far. I've got winter from the Four Seasons playing now and I'll leave it at that.
Edited by Sentient - 1/6/12 at 8:29ampost #112 of 1151/25/12 at 5:25am
Tossing up between these and the D2000. I want something that can handle the bass of Doom/Sluge, the blast beats of Death Metal, just reproduce drums well, including cymbals/highs. I just want something that can pump out decent bass, and extend the atmosphere a song inherently has if you know what I mean. Which of these cans would be better for "heavier" music? (downtuned, bass heavy "wall of sound", hard drums, etc)post #113 of 1151/31/12 at 3:38pm
Anybody have any full sized amp suggestions for these?
I'm thinking either the M-Stage or Little Dot III at the moment.. Don't really know if I should go with with SS or tubes since I haven't heard many of either.post #114 of 1152/28/12 at 4:53pm
- REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-002W (OW model)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 seconds ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 28 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1, Mint, detachable cable mod, Stock & DHC cables 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help can't stop buying gear.... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)