The GR10s are quite hissy with a noisy/poor-quality source. Laptops don't tend to have very clean-sounding headphone jacks. Mine is the same way, sounds great from any portable player but really noisy from my laptop. You could always get a different source for your laptop - an add-on sound-card or portable USB DAC/amp or something... a higher-quality source will definitely help.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 10/27/10
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- productGrado GR8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/27/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/27/10
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 10/27/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help on getting new IEMs (Classical Music) Last post on 7/24/12 at 5:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for heavy metal under 500 dollars? Last post on 9/26/14 at 2:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- new in-ear Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's Under $500 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread - Page 52post #766 of 11328/9/13 at 8:33am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 11322/2/14 at 2:09amQuote:Originally Posted by alphaphoenix
Nice impressions Spyro.
Yes. The GR8 is also made in Japan. If you haven't tried the EQ-7, I think it's worth auditioning as I preferred in every category over the GR8. Regarding the bass, I recall the GR8 having more but doesn't hold a candle to the EQ-7 with its transparency, and what really won me over - space. I'll wait and see for the next round of impressions after the magical "100 hour" mark. Depending on the outcome, I may just pick up the GR10, or own
According to some info I found the ortofon´s have the same technique as the Grado,just another outside package.The EQ-5 same as GR8 and the EQ7 same ás the GR10, In the meanwhile they working at a EQ-8, anyone know more?post #768 of 11322/2/14 at 6:48ampost #769 of 11322/2/14 at 7:36ampost #770 of 11322/2/14 at 9:33am
Hi! I'm looking for a great quality dac or dac/amp to match this Grado GR10 (I have them since 1 week and love them). It's mostly to remove to noise from the PC I use at work and add a small bass boost. It's for 100% use at my job. It will be plugged in the USB port all the time at work.
There is some candidates that I spotted, since i'm a newbie in dac/amp gear, there is so much options and I don't know witch one could be the best match, budget is between 200-500$.:
- JDS Labs O2 280$ or the C5D 250$: great clean and dark background
- ALO Audio "The Island" 300$ : simple and small, could really love the big volume control on the top
- Fostex HP-A4 400$: great dac, clean background
- Ifi Idac 300$ & Ifi USBPower 200$: good dac/amp combo with USB noise cleaner
- On another thread, someone have suggested : Fiio E10 80$
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Edited by jackyzen - 2/2/14 at 2:01pmpost #771 of 11322/2/14 at 2:42pmpost #772 of 11322/2/14 at 2:57pm
Thanks for the suggestion but it's too big. I want something that is more discreet to leave on my desk at work. For now, i'm between 3 small models: The ALO "Island", JDS LABS "CE5" and the Fiio E10.post #773 of 11322/2/14 at 3:07pmpost #774 of 11322/2/14 at 5:37pm
Yeah the RSA products looks very good and hi-rated, a friend of mine have a cousin who have the RSA "Predator" and he was very impressed by the product. For the Intruder, it's a bit too pricey for me 700$, the Predator 475$ is on my list too, but I worry about RSA DAC16bit/48...I was looking for at least 24/96. I'm sure the amp is very good, but those Grado don't really need a big amplification, i just want a little bass boost, a good DAC and a black (clean) background.
I'm a little peaky because I want something to fit with these Grado IEM, don't plan to use it with other headphones. Since I listen 80% of time the music at my job (between 3-5 hours), i want something good, small and discreet that I would leave on my desk, below 500$. The new Fostex HP-A4 seems to have a very good DAC, but there is not enough reviews at this time to tell.post #775 of 11322/3/14 at 12:43amQuote:
If the Price is no Problem you can also consider the Meridian wich is super compact but have super Sound Quality.post #776 of 11322/8/14 at 2:44pm
I finally choose the little Aune T1 tube dac/amp to match thoses Grado GR10! Just ordered from Ebay, can wait! I heard that tube are a good match for Grado headphones, so I gonna try it. This is my first purchase for a dac/amp, so I hope it's gonna sound good and be fun to try different tubes!post #777 of 11322/8/14 at 4:09pmThread Starter
The GR10's are amazing with vocal and acoustic but a little on the lean side and, as mentioned, VERY picky with sources.
Grado's pricing arrogance annoys me. The $400 price tag is grossly overpriced. The W4R is a similar sounding IEM costing the same and is much better as a total product. GR10's should be in the $250 category. They must not sell many of them.post #778 of 11322/8/14 at 6:57pmQuote:
i wanna try GR-10 very much , i am sure i am gonna like it , but 400$ is too much ,you are right again spyro.
grado is taking advantage of its brand name imopost #779 of 11322/9/14 at 1:10amQuote:
I feel the same,therefore I did obt for a Sennheiser IE80 wich now come really affordable in Germany.less than half the Price of the GR 10 for a product at least on the same Level.In Europe the GR10 cost 400 Euro wich is over 500 Dollar??, so way to expensive.post #780 of 11322/10/14 at 12:22pm
The GR-10s run about US$310 in Japan, and periodically dip to US$280 on sale. I picked up a pair at that price, and preferred them to the Westone 4Rs. It's always a matter of taste, but I liked the GR-10's forward sound in IEMs I use on the go.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 32 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Prion4 2-Pin CIEM 3.5mm TRRS Cable 4 minutes ago
- › Spiral Ear SE 5-Way Ultimate 5 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear